Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

9 minutes ago, Dollarman said:

Ohh really thank you your tipp.

Bu is it not problem that after the bad step I injected some wem files?

Unfortunately that does not work :/. Whenever there is a wav file somewhere in your pck archive you can't  inject another wem file over it. You have to to try it again with a clean file. It would also be interesting to know how this could happen to you. Do you use the latest SE version? Was there any error during the injection?

Edited by TheVisitorX

35 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Unfortunately that does not work :/. Whenever there is a wav file somewhere in your pck archive you can't  inject another wem file over it. You have to to try it again with a clean file. It would also be interesting to know how this could happen to you. Do you use the latest SE version? Was there any error during the injection?

Yes I use the latest SE version.

And wasn't bug, just simple I chose tha wav file when I want to inject the wem file. Since my Brutus Beefcake call and entrance voices is silent.

1 hour ago, Dollarman said:

Yes I use the latest SE version.

And wasn't bug, just simple I chose tha wav file when I want to inject the wem file. Since my Brutus Beefcake call and entrance voices is silent.

Oh, you have selected a wav file by yourself? Then SE should try to convert that file to wem via wwise... Is your wwise properly configured? The best way to avoid that issue in the future is to use only wem files for import and convert the wav file before with the "Sound Converter" tool in SE.

Edited by TheVisitorX

18 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Oh, you have selected a wav file by yourself? Then SE should try to convert that file to wem via wwise... Is your wwise properly configured? The best way to avoid that issue in the future is to use only wem files for import and convert the wav file before with the "Sound Converter" tool in SE.

I all time  convert the wav and mp3 files with sound editor.

After inject that.

My wwise is properly configured.

I just simply injected the wav file.

4 hours ago, Dollarman said:

I all time  convert the wav and mp3 files with sound editor.

After inject that.

My wwise is properly configured.

I just simply injected the wav file.

Any file converted with the "Sound Converter" tool is a wem file, not a wav file... oO

39 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Any file converted with the "Sound Converter" tool is a wem file, not a wav file... oO

I know.

https://ibb.co/dnuk0p -- converting mp3

https://ibb.co/ci0Q0p -- convert finished

https://ibb.co/jR9FY9 -- here I can chose another files

But I unfortunatly chose the wav, and injected it.

https://ibb.co/dDT9t9  -- and here I already cant choose another type of files

And that's what I mean. Do not try the wav file option in the importer. Wav import means, SE converts the wav file to wem and imports that wem file. That process wasn't working for you. It has imported the wav file without the conversion to wem, which does not work, because the game does not support wav files, only wem files are supported. I'm not sure why that has happened to you, but please do not use wav as extension, just wem and nothing else. No mp3, no wav, to be safe.

15 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

And that's what I mean. Do not try the wav file option in the importer. Wav import means, SE converts the wav file to wem and imports that wem file. That process wasn't working for you. It has imported the wav file without the conversion to wem, which does not work, because the game does not support wav files, only wem files are supported. I'm not sure why that has happened to you, but please do not use wav as extension, just wem and nothing else. No mp3, no wav, to be safe.

I learned it.
Thank you the helps and tips.
I searched in my editor18 folders  ra_m.pck backup but  I not found clear version.

There should be a backup file located in the backup folder, with a timestamp (just remove it). Did you check where your backups are located? You should find the backup-path in the settings.

5 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

There should be a backup file located in the backup folder, with a timestamp (just remove it). Did you check where your backups are located? You should find the backup-path in the settings.

I only see it in the settings:

https://ibb.co/gL2kJ9

and here are my modding backup the basiicly is deleted. :(

https://ibb.co/hhzwrU

Edited by Dollarman

14 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

But there are a lot of backup files in your second screenshot? Is the right file not in this folder? There is just a date-timestamp behind the filename.

Yes but already all files are modified.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few things. The first thing is the menu soundtrack. So i tried changing the song "Together we are a powerful force" and tried to import another song to replace it. But when i play the song it plays "Together we are a powerful force" for about 3 seconds and then skips. I installed the menu patcher already and have the latest version of SE. So i'm not sure what the problem is. 

On 8/16/2018 at 6:50 AM, blurr226 said:

Hello! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few things. The first thing is the menu soundtrack. So i tried changing the song "Together we are a powerful force" and tried to import another song to replace it. But when i play the song it plays "Together we are a powerful force" for about 3 seconds and then skips. I installed the menu patcher already and have the latest version of SE. So i'm not sure what the problem is. 

If you installed the menu patcher before you injected the songs then try running it again now

i have a problem in the sound editor 2018 because qaund je veut convertir des données sur le site il me dise que je n'est pas le bon patch wwise alors que j'ai téléchargé la derniere mise a jour 

Pourriez-vous m'aider ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Where do you download sound editor? The links take me to a site where I install and installer but it is not the sound editor.

Update: I am stupid. I didn't skip the ad. Nevermind!

Edited by Cruja
  • Too Sweet 1

On 9/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, UndeadWarlord94 said:
  • For some odd reason...… I cannot download the actual Sound Editor. It won't let me click on the "Download (installer)" link. So, what do I need to do?

http://skamason.com/AVtS

This is the download link, but it's not the actual link. The download is avaiable via google drive, the link above is just an ad-provider. If this link does not work, you probably have a firewall or other ad-blocker tool which blocks that link. Try to temporary disable it to download SE.

Since some have asked me, here is a short public statement regarding SE for 2K19. After all, what is known about 2k19, I will not buy the game at the beginning. Normally I have always pre-ordered the game, but this year I will refrain from it. Of course this also has an influence on my tools for 2K19 (SE, SMM, CCT).

In the best case, at least SE should work with 2K19. If not, this time I rely on help from others, because I will not be able to test it myself, so I'll need testers and some new PCK files to test. I'm not sure how I will handle it with CCT/SMM.

I'm a big fan of the 2K WWE games and I'm very glad that they finally appear on the PC. However, I am not prepared to pay the full price for a more and more stripped-down game (and that's it, at least for me, as a fan of legends). This does not mean that my tools for 2K19 will not exist, but it may take longer. Surely I will buy the game. There may also be some unannounced features that would warrant the purchase at release. At least I hope so.

Just to let you guys know.

Update:

Thanks to BamBam for his kind words and the donation. As a result, I have now decided to pre-order the game. So I'm ready for 2K19.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2