Cave Waverider

1 hour ago, damdood23 said:

can confirm it sadly does not work also big thanks for actively trying to help with our issues :D

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid said:

well it says here 2018.0.5.0 beta when i right click the exe   I didn't see other versions ? it said "latest version" and i downloaded it this morning.

Well i don't expect you do be able to do anything.  I am very grateful for the CCT program.  It would be great to have this tool as well I know if i have right version , right java, everything updated there's not much you can say I guess.  Just letting you know for future builds i suppose.

Drats. Could you guys please try to go to Data Editor 2k18\Data\Settings\ and rename the .data files one by one (or move them out of the folder temporarily one at a time) and see if one of them is the culprit and at least gets you to the game .exe selection dialog?

3 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Drats. Could you guys please try to go to Data Editor 2k18\Data\Settings\ and rename the .data files one by one (or move them out of the folder temporarily one at a time) and see if one of them is the culprit and at least gets you to the game .exe selection dialog?

just finished doing this and ive come up well with something i guess i got to SettingsListNamesFirst and once it was gone the splash screen hung on for a bit longer then before but still resulted in nothing

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, damdood23 said:

just finished doing this and ive come up well with something i guess i got to SettingsListNamesFirst and once it was gone the splash screen hung on for a bit longer then before but still resulted in nothing

Thanks. Have you tried the ones after that as well? Also, only have one renamed/moved out at a time so the others are still in there. It's definitely wierd, though.

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

Thanks. Have you tried the ones after that as well? Also, only have one renamed/moved out at a time so the others are still in there. It's definitely wierd, though.

yes i deleted one then put it back and went on to the next SettingsListNamesFirst is the only one that made anything happen aside from one or two that just showed the splash  screen like normal and played a windows sound then nothing the files that made the sound are: SettingsFilePathsSave, SettingsFilePathsLoad, and SettingsFilePaths

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

i understand what you mean.  Ok i will do that now.

4 minutes ago, damdood23 said:

yes i deleted one then put it back and went on to the next SettingsListNamesFirst is the only one that made anything happen aside from one or two that just showed the splash  screen like normal and played a windows sound then nothing the files that made the sound are: SettingsFilePathsSave, SettingsFilePathsLoad, and SettingsFilePaths

Something definitely isn't right. It should pop up a smallwindow with an error at that point. But you only hear the sound. Not sure what's going on there. :( 

Hi,

Do you think this will ever be able to use for PS4 or Xbox One? The save files seem to be transferable now or accessed via other programs, so, is there a chance this app or another could be made for one of those?

19 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Hey I found something already my friend !  SettingsListNamesFirst.data !    Remove this and I get in !!!!!  wow   

Now Im not sure things will work but It does get me past the splash screen ^^

Edited by BillyTheKid

Something definitely isn't right. It should pop up a smallwindow with an error at that point. But you only hear the sound. Not sure what's going on there. :( 

yeah beyond me either something funky is going on with java or the editor just hates my computer lol

Just now, damdood23 said:

yeah beyond me either something funky is going on with java or the editor just hates my computer lol

Dude try this   I just removed this file from Data Editor2k18/data/settings/SettingsListNamesFirst.data   Try it it may help you ^^

1 minute ago, BillyTheKid said:

Hey I found something already my friend !  SettingsListNamesFirst.data !    Remove this and I get in !!!!!  wow 

weird so maybe its just my computer guess some application is making it not run but i really don't see anything that can cause java to freak out like its doing

EDIT: yeah i already tried that it just makes the splash screen appear for a bit longer

Edited by damdood23

5 minutes ago, BillyTheKid said:

Well it let me choose the wwe2k executable and that's all i did and i had every issue you had.

Try to copy the file back and change the true in it to false and see if it runs then.

Also, how much RAM do you guys have?

Ok so it didn't work but That same file did allow me to choose game exe path but after that nothing happened.  So it might be that file. SettingsListNamesFirst you didn't get as far as I did but I can confirm 100% i did get at least that far after removing it.

I got 32 GB 

Try to copy the file back and change the true in it to false and see if it runs then.

Also, how much RAM do you guys have?

i have 16 gigs also quick question i need java 8u151 or 8u152? cause i was using 8u152

6 minutes ago, damdood23 said:

i have 16 gigs also quick question i need java 8u151 or 8u152? cause i was using 8u152

It should work with any 8 and later, although I've been testing with 8u152 and that's also the version that's included.

7 minutes ago, BillyTheKid said:

Ok so it didn't work but That same file did allow me to choose game exe path but after that nothing happened.  So it might be that file. SettingsListNamesFirst you didn't get as far as I did but I can confirm 100% i did get at least that far after removing it.

I got 32 GB 

You both have more than enough RAM, so the sorting algorithm taking up too much memory can't be the issue. Try without the file so you can choose the .exe and then try to move out other files one by one. Maybe a certain combination of files will let you get the GUI to start and at least give you any indicative error messages.

3 minutes ago, BillyTheKid said:

my java says 1.80_152  as well 

And how to do open that file to change true to false?   I guess i have some googling to do.

Just open the .data file with a text editor like notepad and change the true to false or vice-versa. If it works with false it will at least tell me that the file is being read. If not there may be some wierd I/O issue that might be related to account permissions, security software or something else blocking file access.

Just now, Cave Waverider said:

It should work with any 8 and later, although I've been testing with 8u152 and that's also the version that's included.

You both have more than enough RAM, so the sorting algorithm taking up too much memory can't be the issue. Try without the file so you can choose the .exe and then try to move out other files one by one. Maybe a certain combination of files will let you get the GUI to start and at least give you any indicative error messages.

Ok I will try that.  But i don't think he even saw the exe path option.   Only i saw it.

9 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Just open the .data file with a text editor like notepad and change the true to false or vice-versa. If it works with false it will at least tell me that the file is being read. If not there may be some wierd I/O issue that might be related to account permissions, security software or something else blocking file access.

yep   I saw that was easy lol  no diff though

Yeah false doesn't change .

10 minutes ago, BillyTheKid said:

Ok I will try that.  But i don't think he even saw the exe path option.   Only i saw it.

yep   I saw that was easy lol  no diff though

Yeah false doesn't change .

yeah idk i think if exhausted most if not all my potential fixes at least to my knowledge the only thing i could think of is purgeing every single process in the task manager and seeing if that works but i really don't want to mess with that since i don't want to mess anything up with windows

13 minutes ago, BillyTheKid said:

as long as he is not annoyed i don't mind searching things for him so he doesn't have too.  But yeah i can only do what he says sadly.

Thanks. I really need users with the problems to test things, since I can't reproduce the problems on the systems I have access to at all.
Also copy the original GameDirectory.data  from the .zip archive over and replace your current one after each try after you chose an exe so you can see that the window is still coming up.

By the way, are you guys on a registered and activated full version of Windows or are you on one of those crippled S versions or running deactivated? These two things could also restrict the ability to run programs that are "unknown" to windows. Just a stab in the dark here, though.

Just now, Cave Waverider said:

Thanks. I really need users with the problems to test things, since I can't reproduce the problems on the systems I have access to at all.
Also copy the original GameDirectory.data  from the .zip archive over and replace your current one after each try after you chose an exe so you can see that the window is still coming up.

By the way, are you guys on a registered and activated full version of Windows or are you on one of those crippled S versions or running deactivated? These two things could also restrict the ability to run programs that are "unknown" to windows. Just a stab in the dark here, though.

im on windows 10 home fully activated and an un-pirated version