Cave Waverider

44 minutes ago, SonofJoker87 said:

i did ask if you can upload the download file to google drive but never replied to me so are you able to do this as it wont let me download it with how you done it 

No, I don't have google drive. What exactly seems to be the problem? You seem to be in the United Kingdom, you should be able to download it.

48 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

No, I don't have google drive. What exactly seems to be the problem? You seem to be in the United Kingdom, you should be able to download it.

Well everytime i go to download it takes me to blank webpage 

I just tested 3 new wrestlers and a couple of modded ones, everything works like a charm .

Universal attire unlocker menu is different this year (just a single menu for every single wrestler/slot)  but, once you get used to it, everything is simple as previous years.

Awesome job. ;)

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2017.12.31: Version 2018.0.5.0.2 Beta
+ General: Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now compatible with Java 9.
+ General: The minimum Java version required is now 9.0.1.
+ General: The bundled JRE has been updated to version 9.0.1.
+ Backend: Minor code tweaks and fixes.
+ Data Lists: Fixed a couple of minor errors.

Please update to this new build and let me know if everything works the way it should. Hopefully it will also work for those that still had problems starting Data Editor.

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

Please update to this new build and let me know if everything works the way it should. Hopefully it will also work for those that still had problems starting Data Editor.

Thanks man , still cant open,i tried it on others 2 pc ,all cant open it , when doble clik on it just show this photo for second   59d61e596614a_AvatarDataEditor2k18.thumb than it close .

2 win7 ,1 win 10, all 64bit,  without windows defender and antivirus ... but can all run Data Editor 2017 and 2016

Can I load custom movesets so I can work on the victory music stuff? I mean, if I want to work around to get victory music for every attire, I have to start with the default moveset.

Update Notes:

2017.12.31: Version 2018.0.5.0.3 Beta
+ General: The minimum Java version required is now JRE 1.8.0 (aka Java 8).
+ General: The bundled JRE has been reverted to version 1.8.0_152 due to considerably better performance compared to JRE 9.0.1.
+ General: Data Editor now uses the bundled Java Runtime Enviroment by default. This should fix Data Editor startup errors with faulty/incompatible installs of Java on the system.
+ Data Lists: Fixed a couple of minor errors.

Please update to this new build and let me know if everything works the way it should, as long as your Windows user account has sufficient privileges. If Data Editor still doesn't start properly with this build, you can try the workarounds at this link. If that doesn't help, there is likely something else wrong with your system that's out of my hands and you'll have to sort it out yourself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

Can I load custom movesets so I can work on the victory music stuff? I mean, if I want to work around to get victory music for every attire, I have to start with the default moveset.

You mean Movesets you have customized in the game? Sure you can. Use Custom Character Tools 2018's Export function by clicking Export->Pofo/Moveset select the in-game Wrestler/Wrestler ID you wish to edit the .moveset from and that you want to export the Moveset, then click the "Export and open in "Data Editor"" button (if it's grayed out, go to CCT's File->Settings first and set your Data Editor 2k18 Directory) to load the .moveset file from the game memory into the Data Editor. Edit it there to your heart's content and then click the "Install .moveset via CCT" button which will install the modified .moveset back into the game via CCT.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

You mean Movesets you have customized in the game? Sure you can. Use Custom Character Tools 2018's Export function by clicking Export->Pofo/Moveset select the in-game Wrestler/Wrestler ID you wish to edit the .moveset from and that you want to export the Moveset, then click the "Export and open in "Data Editor"" button (if it's grayed out, go to CCT's File->Settings first and set your Data Editor 2k18 Directory) to load the .moveset file from the game memory into the Data Editor. Edit it there to your heart's content and then click the "Install .moveset via CCT" button which will install the modified .moveset back into the game via CCT.

Thanks, I got it. Never notice CCT has the function of exporting movesets :p 

I've added a couple of tutorials on how to export files from the game into Data Editor via CCT and install files from Data Editor to the game via CCT to the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Tutorials Wiki page.

28 minutes ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

Thanks, I got it. Never notice CCT has the function of exporting movesets :p 

It always did have that function, way before any other tool for these WWE 2k PC games did. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Update Notes:

2018.01.01: Version 2018.0.5.0.4 Beta
+ Data Lists: Added 76C4 Stone Cold Stunner 3 [Mod] to Modded\MovesID.data.

You can find @squaredcirclefan's Stone Cold Stunner 3 mod by clicking here.

• Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

Cave i am trying to change the attire names , and i have writen at the string value  42A1 to named it "WCW" but when i am going to chose the attire in game his name is in blank instead of WCW.

Edited by motishow

1 hour ago, motishow said:

Cave i am trying to change the attire names , and i have writen at the string value  42A1 to named it "WCW" but when i am going to chose the attire in game his name is in blank instead of WCW.

Are you using @LordJustice17's Super String? If so it might be one of the strings the Super String removed to make room for other Strings (it would certainly be nice if someone would mark which strings were removed/replaced and with what in the Super String ;) ). Try a different WCW string, there are a couple in the regular String and alos one in the Super String Additions table. I'm sure at least one of them should work for you.

23 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Are you using @LordJustice17's Super String? If so it might be one of the strings the Super String removed to make room for other Strings (it would certainly be nice if someone would mark which strings were removed/replaced and with what in the Super String ;) ). Try a different WCW string, there are a couple in the regular String and alos one in the Super String Additions table. I'm sure at least one of them should work for you.

Tried different string for WCW and worked. Thanks

@Cave Waverider I have a slight issue with DE Universal Attire Unlocker. I have unlocked the amount of attires for the wrestlers I want for now and all seemed fine. However, when I come to log into the game again it doesn't give me the option of the attires. Does this mean I have to have DE running in the background whilst I am in game? Or is there something else I am missing here? Your advice would be appreciated thank you.

23 minutes ago, Goon3r73 said:

@Cave Waverider I have a slight issue with DE Universal Attire Unlocker. I have unlocked the amount of attires for the wrestlers I want for now and all seemed fine. However, when I come to log into the game again it doesn't give me the option of the attires. Does this mean I have to have DE running in the background whilst I am in game? Or is there something else I am missing here? Your advice would be appreciated thank you.

No. You have to apply and save the setting to the misc file while the game is not running and it should work. Check out the tutorials linked in the top post for detailed instructions. Also make sure that the Wrestler ID you set in the Attire Unlocker matches the ID you installed the wrestler with.

If you've done that, perhaps a program you used other than Data Editor or CCT messed up the Chunk0.def file (or perhaps steam just updated the game). Regenerate it with the Utilities->Regenerate Chunk0.def option in Custom Character Tools 2018 (don't use other .def regenerators, they can't handle the \mods\ directory properly yet). You can also use the attire unlocker to re-save the misc file once more and it will attempt to fix the Chunk0.def file entry for the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock, but CCT 2018's Regenerator is the safest bet.

22 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

No. You have to apply and save the setting to the misc file while the game is not running and it should work. Check out the tutorials linked in the top post for detailed instructions. Also make sure that the Wrestler ID you set in the Attire Unlocker matches the ID you installed the wrestler with.

If you've done that, perhaps a program you used other than Data Editor or CCT messed up the Chunk0.def file (or perhaps steam just updated the game). Regenerate it with the Utilities->Regenerate Chunk0.def option in Custom Character Tools 2018 (don't use other .def regenerators, they can't handle the \mods\ directory properly yet). You can also use the attire unlocker to re-save the misc file once more and it will attempt to fix the Chunk0.def file entry for the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock, but CCT 2018's Regenerator is the safest bet.

That's what I have done. I have used the DE CCT to regenerate the chunk.def file and it works now. Maybe old rebuilders from 2k18+ perhaps that conflicted and caused files to overwrite one another or something. But all ok now thanks.

Is anyone else having any sizing issues with the program at all? 

It worked perfectly for me at first but I use a 4k tv display and everything else is resizing correctly and works perfect but I have issues with the data editor. 

Would anyone know any tips to correct the issue? I am aware it is an issue with my settings probably and not the data editor. Thanks

3 hours ago, AlexFaz said:

Is anyone else having any sizing issues with the program at all? 

It worked perfectly for me at first but I use a 4k tv display and everything else is resizing correctly and works perfect but I have issues with the data editor. 

Would anyone know any tips to correct the issue? I am aware it is an issue with my settings probably and not the data editor. Thanks

It doesn't really matter which resolution you are at. The problem is likely that you are using the buggy Windows (font) scaling and Windows not going by it's own spec and ignoring the DPI aware flag sent to it by programs and applying scaling at it's leisure. Read the Known issues and Tutorials linked in the top post for some workarounds.

It's a good idea to read the readme file, Tutorials (as well as the Smacktalks Community Wiki in general) and Known issues before asking a question, by the way. Even though the Tutorials are far from complete yet, most of the questions that have come up in this thread since release have been answered there and could have been avoided if people read through these things first.

My apologies buddy. I did check tutorials but it was 3am and my eyes were failing me. Just thought I'd check in here. I shall take your advise onboard regarding the scaling issue

Great work with the editor btw. Amazing contribution to the community and an incredible amount of work obviously has gone in. Much appreciated

hey so i cant open the data editor at all it gives me the splash screen then nothing ive checked java i have the 64bit version and ive tried disabling windows defender and UAC nothing i really doubt its a hardware or other software as data editor 2k17 works just fine