Cave Waverider

6 hours ago, Jayden™ said:

Cave do i have need to delete original miscfile before using your attire unlocker misc ? Because some times game uses original misc or some time using your modded misc 

No. Pelase check the Known Bugs and Issues linked in the top post.

well I thought I'd be clever and try it on my alienware alpha (other PC) then drag the results over but It won't even work on a different computer ; ;  same results.

I was hoping a normal TV with 1080 res would have helped but it didn't matter.

So i used my dad's and it worked lol  what is the windows setting that's causing this!?!  lol  Trust me im desprate to figure this out. Weird cause my dad's PC is java 9 im sure of it too.

Edited by BillyTheKid

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid said:

well I thought I'd be clever and try it on my alienware alpha (other PC) then drag the results over but It won't even work on a different computer ; ;  same results.

I was hoping a normal TV with 1080 res would have helped but it didn't matter.

So i used my dad's and it worked lol  what is the windows setting that's causing this!?!  lol  Trust me im desprate to figure this out. Weird cause my dad's PC is java 9 im sure of it too.

I guess it isn't a problem with Data Editor, but with the system configuration then, as I suspected. I have no concrete idea what could be causing this. There are lots of possibilities. It could be a bad driver (LAN drivers, USB3 drivers or SATA drivers can often a culprit), some resident software, an unstable overclock, a damaged Windows registry entry etc.. If it's affecting one program it could very well be affecting other programs in different ways, too, only that you might not have noticed yet.

I guess if you want to be on the sure site, then back up your data and do a clean install of the latest version of Windows (you can download the latest version and create installation media (DVD or USB Stick) using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft - use a search engine to find the download, just ensure it's from microsoft.com so you aren't downloading any malware - don't install an earlier version and update/upgrade as it might be causing the same problems). When doing a clean install from the medium, make sure to delete the Windows partitions and create a new one in the empty space and use that for the installation. You might also opt for using a local account instead of the Microsoft account (there is a small link at installation when they ask you for the account data on the bottom that allows you to use a local account, not sure what it's called), as the Microsoft account could try to sync some bad settings onto your PC. You can always change it to the Microsoft Account once you've ensured everything works on the local one).
When the fresh Windows installation is done, install Data Editor 2018.0.5.0.5 Beta or later as the first software (no need to install Java as Data Editor will just use the JRE that's bundled with it)  you have and see if it works (it hopefully will, if it doesn't, install the latest video card drivers and try again). Then re-install your other drivers and software, ideally one-by-one and after every time start Data Editor to see if one of the programs or drivers is causing your problem. Finally, restore your backed-up data, restart Windows and see if everything still works. If everything still works, then probably your Windows/registry was just messed up beyond repair, which can happen at times, especially when Windows was upgraded from an older version instead of a clean installation.

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

I guess it isn't a problem with Data Editor, but with the system configuration then, as I suspected. I have no concrete idea what could be causing this. There are lots of possibilities. It could be a bad driver (LAN drivers, USB3 drivers or SATA drivers can often a culprit), some resident software, an unstable overclock, a damaged Windows registry entry etc.. If it's affecting one program it could very well be affecting other programs in different ways, too, only that you might not have noticed yet.

I guess if you want to be on the sure site, then back up your data and do a clean install of the latest version of Windows (you can download the latest version and create installation media (DVD or USB Stick) using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft - use a search engine to find the download, just ensure it's from microsoft.com so you aren't downloading any malware - don't install an earlier version and update/upgrade as it might be causing the same problems). When doing a clean install from the medium, make sure to delete the Windows partitions and create a new one in the empty space and use that for the installation. You might also opt for using a local account instead of the Microsoft account (there is a small link at installation when they ask you for the account data on the bottom that allows you to use a local account, not sure what it's called), as the Microsoft account could try to sync some bad settings onto your PC. You can always change it to the Microsoft Account once you've ensured everything works on the local one).
When the fresh Windows installation is done, install Data Editor 2018.0.5.0.5 Beta or later as the first software (no need to install Java as Data Editor will just use the JRE that's bundled with it)  you have and see if it works (it hopefully will, if it doesn't, install the latest video card drivers and try again). Then re-install your other drivers and software, ideally one-by-one and after every time start Data Editor to see if one of the programs or drivers is causing your problem. Finally, restore your backed-up data, restart Windows and see if everything still works. If everything still works, then probably your Windows/registry was just messed up beyond repair, which can happen at times, especially when Windows was upgraded from an older version instead of a clean installation.

Yeah I have my USB windows boot here ready to go.  So yeah after i do some backing up i'm going to re-install windows.   The only difference i know my dad's PC is mine has Japanese Applocal and his does not.  And I notice with Japan applocal they tend to write paths without / but some funny "Y" character.  Could be something....  I tried to delete applocal but it didn't seem to work but I really thought that could be it.    Oh well New install windows here we go!  

P.S. I noticed you said don't use my USb stick since it's a year old so thanks i'll just make a new one.  However that USB boot is the exact same one my dad used on his PC where the program works......Maybe i will try that first.

Edited by BillyTheKid

19 hours ago, BillyTheKid said:

Yeah I have my USB windows boot here ready to go.  So yeah after i do some backing up i'm going to re-install windows.   The only difference i know my dad's PC is mine has Japanese Applocal and his does not.  And I notice with Japan applocal they tend to write paths without / but some funny "Y" character.  Could be something....  I tried to delete applocal but it didn't seem to work but I really thought that could be it.    Oh well New install windows here we go!  

P.S. I noticed you said don't use my USb stick since it's a year old so thanks i'll just make a new one.  However that USB boot is the exact same one my dad used on his PC where the program works......Maybe i will try that first.

The language could be a problem, sometimes different language settings behave drastically different in Windows for some reason. As for using the old installation medium and updating from it, while it may work on one PC, it might not on the other, so it's probably safest to just create a new one with the latest version of Windows on it and go from there.

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

The language could be a problem, sometimes different language settings behave drastically different in Windows for some reason. As for using the old installation medium and updating from it, while it may work on one PC, it might not on the other, so it's probably safest to just create a new one with the latest version of Windows on it and go from there.

Yeah Bro,  New Windows everything works fine now ^^   I did as you said and just did a brand new windows .  Thanks for efforts man really appreciate it. This program kicks butt.   Haha but I had Pac Plus which i forget to save and i noticed you can't download it now? Lol can't ever have the best of both worlds i guess. I have no idea how i got it in past but worth it anyway if i had to trade.   

• Too Sweet 1

4 hours ago, BillyTheKid said:

Yeah Bro,  New Windows everything works fine now ^^   I did as you said and just did a brand new windows .  Thanks for efforts man really appreciate it. This program kicks butt.   Haha but I had Pac Plus which i forget to save and i noticed you can't download it now? Lol can't ever have the best of both worlds i guess. I have no idea how i got it in past but worth it anyway if i had to trade.   

I'm glad Data Editor works for you on a clean installation of the latest Windows version. Windows configuration errors can be such a pain in the behind these days. Perhaps some of the others that were having issues could try that as well.

As for PacPlus, the beta of WWE 2k18+ should still be available on the Modding Discord. Note that there is a more comfortable alternative you can use to unlock extra character slots, though, by using Custom Character Tools 2018's Utilities->Install "PerfectPlextra Mod" (Additional Character Slots). It unlocks the same slots with the same IDs as default PacPlus configuration and has the advantage that you don't need to have any tools running in the background while playing the game to keep the slots and thgus the wrestlers in them unlocked. Install it once and you can keep using those slots.

55 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

I'm glad Data Editor works for you on a clean installation of the latest Windows version. Windows configuration errors can be such a pain in the behind these days. Perhaps some of the others that were having issues could try that as well.

As for PacPlus, the beta of WWE 2k18+ should still be available on the Modding Discord. Note that there is a more comfortable alternative you can use to unlock extra character slots, though, by using Custom Character Tools 2018's Utilities->Install "PerfectPlextra Mod" (Additional Character Slots). It unlocks the same slots with the same IDs as default PacPlus configuration and has the advantage that you don't need to have any tools running in the background while playing the game to keep the slots and thgus the wrestlers in them unlocked. Install it once and you can keep using those slots.

thanks again, yeah it installed the PerfectPlextra Mod in CCT it said so no worries.

Is there any tips with the universal attire unlocked to work all the time? 75% of the time it works fine, and the other 25% it won't load and guys like AJ Styles etc only have 1 attire, no matter how many times I restart the game.

Anyone else having a problem with the triple h entrance? If you unlock attires for the triple h 01 attire 2 always enters with dx motion. Does any one know how to fix this? I don’t know how to set entrances for different attires.

7 hours ago, Drew Beans said:

Anyone else having a problem with the triple h entrance? If you unlock attires for the triple h 01 attire 2 always enters with dx motion. Does any one know how to fix this? I don’t know how to set entrances for different attires.

Some of the entrances for attires are hard-coded somewhere. You could try ticking the Media workaround boxes and setting an advanced entrance with the normal Triple H motion. Not sure if that would help with the title motion, though, but it's worth a try.

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Some of the entrances for attires are hard-coded somewhere. You could try ticking the Media workaround boxes and setting an advanced entrance with the normal Triple H motion. Not sure if that would help with the title motion, though, but it's worth a try.

Thanks, I will try that and get back to you.

just for your information guys,

i had the problem that the dataeditior would close after the splashscreen (even with the newest version)

what i did to get it to run is change the region-scheme in windows 10 - it was set to japanese because i installed some japanese games..

now it works again ;)

hope it helps!

Edited by bla bla
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bla bla said:

just for your information guys,

i had the problem that the dataeditior would close after the splashscreen (even with the newest version)

what i did to get it to run is change the region-scheme in windows 10 - it was set to japanese because i installed some japanese games..

now it works again ;)

hope it helps!

Good to see it works for you now, thank you for the feedback.
It looks to be an issue with Windows which deems certain characters illegal on certain language/regional version of Windows, similar to how some Japanese games refuse to work when the region/language isn't set to Japanese/Japan.

I imagine that most if not all of the people having problems getting Data Editor for WWE 2k18 to run at this point are due to similar Locale/Regional/Keyboard settings and/or path names to Data Editor, the game and/or external tools as well as User names that contain non-standard latin characters.

I'll try to see if I can change the behavior so it will hopefully run on any language/regional setting, but no promises.

21 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Good to see it works for you now, thank you for the feedback.

i have to thank for this fantastic tool of yours!!

you make this game 100x times better for everyone ;)

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2018.01.13: Version 2018.0.5.0.6 Beta
+ General: Converted the Code to use UTF-8 encoding exclusively to hopefully make Data Editor work on various Regional and language settings of Windows without crashing.
+ Data Lists: Converted some files supplied by third parties in ANSI format to UTF-8 format to hopefully make Data Editor work on various Regional and language settings of Windows without crashing.
+ Data Lists: Updated various Data Lists.

While I wasn't able to test the fix, this build should hopefully fix the Data Editor crash problems with versions of Windows set to a Region/language that doesn't use the latin alphabet or uses special characters unique to their language. Please delete your previous Data Editor folder (except the Files folder first if you don't want to loose your .pofo, .moveset, .attire_names and .match files) install this new build from scratch to ensure all files are the new UTF-8 encoded version.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, damdood23 said:

hey so the new update fixed the issue thanks im able to get into the editor completely :D

Great! I hope everybody will be able to enjoy it now. :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Drew Beans said:

I cannot get my data editor to update.

Both download links as well as the one used by the Updater work fine for me. Could you describe your problem in detail?
You might just have to enable/disable your adblocker and at least one of the links in the top post should work.

If provided with a PlayStation 4 save, what is the likelihood of a save conversion feature being created for Data Editor? Something that would allow saves to be converted between PC and PS4 (potentially X-Bone as well).

2 hours ago, Donny Trump ™ said:

If provided with a PlayStation 4 save, what is the likelihood of a save conversion feature being created for Data Editor? Something that would allow saves to be converted between PC and PS4 (potentially X-Bone as well).

Incredibly close to none. Data Editor isn't a save game editor, and even if it was I couldn't even test things on consoles (while I do have an Xbox One X, I don't have the game on it nor do I know how to get a save game from it, as it's heavily encrypted).
But looking at your forum handle, you could donate several millions of US dollars to me and I'd be willing to look at it (but knowing that you presumably even stiff your gardeners for their promised pay, it's probably unlikely to happen). ;)

On a serious note, if you could somehow extract .pofos, .movesets, .team_info and .match files you might be able to open them in Data Editor, however, edit them and reinject them wherever you got them from, assuming they are the exact same format as the PC version. Not sure about the endianness on modern consoles, though, so you might have to do a conversion for that first if it doesn't match that of the PC version.

I have installed attires using Universal Attire Unlock and when I'm using any attire except for the first one, the post match theme song doesn't play (ex. I have installed 7 attires for AJ Styles, and only when using the attire no.1 the post match theme song plays, for the rest of the attires it doesn't) Is there any way to repair that bug?

6 hours ago, Wolffe said:

I have installed attires using Universal Attire Unlock and when I'm using any attire except for the first one, the post match theme song doesn't play (ex. I have installed 7 attires for AJ Styles, and only when using the attire no.1 the post match theme song plays, for the rest of the attires it doesn't) Is there any way to repair that bug?

You'll have to set the the Victory Music Workaround in the .moveset for the wrestler where the victory music doesn't play for some or all attires (usually those wrestlers that don't exist or don't have alternate attires by default in the game). To do this, click here to read the respective Data Editor for WWE 2k18 tutorial.