Cave Waverider

Just a quick question for you @Cave Waverider. I have Java 8 installed so as to run DE. However, upon opening the game up with it first round DE seems to stop. Thus I have to exit game to reopen DE and then the game again so as I can use the alternate attires. This seems a bit wrong somehow? Not to mention annoying that I have to go through it twice to finally get in game.

I am wondering whether or not it's the Java I am running at the moment perhaps? Having said that upon restarting for the second time everything seems all fine and dandy so to speak, therefore I am wondering whether to 'let sleeping dogs lie' and leave well alone for now.

Edit: Thought of something else whilst I was loading the game. I load it through DE rather than Steam itself. Should I load the game through Steam and then open up DE? Or open it through DE?

Edit2: I have since tried loading the game through Steam and then opening up DE. Works fine first time this way and attire unlocker working. I am thinking of opening the game and DE this way from now on. Unless ofc you have any advice for me?

Edited by Goon3r73

43 minutes ago, Goon3r73 said:

Just a quick question for you @Cave Waverider. I have Java 8 installed so as to run DE. However, upon opening the game up with it first round DE seems to stop. Thus I have to exit game to reopen DE and then the game again so as I can use the alternate attires. This seems a bit wrong somehow? Not to mention annoying that I have to go through it twice to finally get in game.

I am wondering whether or not it's the Java I am running at the moment perhaps? Having said that upon restarting for the second time everything seems all fine and dandy so to speak, therefore I am wondering whether to 'let sleeping dogs lie' and leave well alone for now.

Edit: Thought of something else whilst I was loading the game. I load it through DE rather than Steam itself. Should I load the game through Steam and then open up DE? Or open it through DE?

Edit2: I have since tried loading the game through Steam and then opening up DE. Works fine first time this way and attire unlocker working. I am thinking of opening the game and DE this way from now on. Unless ofc you have any advice for me?

Maybe your computer doesn't have enough available RAM. Data Editor takes a bit and WWE 2k18 is very memory intense.

Another possibility is that Windows tries to use 3D graphics acceleration on Java 2D applications, which it likes to do for some reason. It's pointless and actually hampers performance of 2D Java applications. You can force this off with a system variable by going into Windows System Properties by pressing Win+Break on your keyboard, click on Advanced System Settings, click on Enviroment Variables, then under User variables for <Username> click the New Button, then set the variable name to J2D_D3D and the value to false and click the OK button. Repeat the same under System Variables and then click OK (on the small window and then the larger oneto save and close the Window. Restart Windows to apply the changes. Note that the above steps are for Windows 10 1709, they might vary slightly for other Windows versions but the principle is the same.

On a side note, Data Editor doesn't have to run while the game is running. When making changes to the attire unlocker, you actually want to have the game closed, since the attire unlocker modifies a .pac file and .pac files are loaded into the game only on game startup. Same with the .def file. The game might potentially lock acess to these files while it's running and changes may not take. So you'll always want to install and change any files including unlocking attires while the game isn't running.
That said, the only time you would run Data Editor is while you have the game sitting in the menu and you want to install .pofo, .moveset, .team_info or.match files into the game with the install via CCT buttons, since those files are injected into memory and require the game to be running with a save loaded.

• Thanks 1

I try to add the alternative attire with the tool but I have thi sissue: the game recognize the 10 attire for Seth Rollins (for esample) but but loading the game, it doesn't matter wich one I choose, the attire still always the same. Any suggestion?

1 hour ago, DFM85 said:

I try to add the alternative attire with the tool but I have thi sissue: the game recognize the 10 attire for Seth Rollins (for esample) but but loading the game, it doesn't matter wich one I choose, the attire still always the same. Any suggestion?

This means that you haven't installed the ch*.pac files for the attires properly and/or haven't added them to your Chunk0.def file before starting the game. Check out this Wiki entry on how to do this.

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

Maybe your computer doesn't have enough available RAM. Data Editor takes a bit and WWE 2k18 is very memory intense.

Another possibility is that Windows tries to use 3D graphics acceleration on Java 2D applications, which it likes to do for some reason. It's pointless and actually hampers performance of 2D Java applications. You can force this off with a system variable by going into Windows System Properties by pressing Win+Break on your keyboard, click on Advanced System Settings, click on Enviroment Variables, then under User variables for <Username> click the New Button, then set the variable name to J2D_D3D and the value to false and click the OK button. Repeat the same under System Variables and then click OK (on the small window and then the larger oneto save and close the Window. Restart Windows to apply the changes. Note that the above steps are for Windows 10 1709, they might vary slightly for other Windows versions but the principle is the same.

On a side note, Data Editor doesn't have to run while the game is running. When making changes to the attire unlocker, you actually want to have the game closed, since the attire unlocker modifies a .pac file and .pac files are loaded into the game only on game startup. Same with the .def file. The game might potentially lock acess to these files while it's running and changes may not take. So you'll always want to install and change any files including unlocking attires while the game isn't running.
That said, the only time you would run Data Editor is while you have the game sitting in the menu and you want to install .pofo, .moveset, .team_info or.match files into the game with the install via CCT buttons, since those files are injected into memory and require the game to be running with a save loaded.

Ah so I don't necessarily require DE to be running to be able to use all the attires in game? That sounds good. I have 8gb of ram btw not sure if that is enough for DE. But thats good to know that I can unlock the attires for wrestlers as and when folk start to make attire packs. Speaking of which now that DE is in open beta I get the feeling a lot of modders will start making and releasing attire packs amongst other things.

I won't try the Java application thing just yet and see how I go with DE closed, if all else fails I can then do what you have suggested. Oh and on another note since using mods I have had the game randomly crash and freeze from time to time. However, I have been in the gaming world long enough to know that PC's are temperamental and whether its a vanilla game, or a game heavily modded, or somewhere in between, a game can crash, freeze, etc for any and every reason. I know the risks with running mods, but they are risks worth taking in general imo. Especially with this game. Thank you for your advice btw.

I've added a couple of Tutorials to the Wiki page, one of them describes in detail what the GUI Elements of the Attire Unlocker do.

There are still lots of Tutorials to add. If anybody would like to write/record a tutorial and send it my way I'll add/embed it into the Wiki page so people can learn from it.

I can't get through the adf.ly page, it keeps counting down after I click continue :( 

Edit: Alright I'm downloading it, not sure what happened lol.

But I think I have the same problem with the guy on the first page. It keeps saying this although I have installed the latest Java (it automatically leads me to the page lol)

2017f9db2b44-45e9-43e2-a0e9-6e84ce6f5059

Edited by Gift Of Jericho

41 minutes ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

I can't get through the adf.ly page, it keeps counting down after I click continue :( 

But I think I have the same problem with the guy on the first page. It keeps saying this although I have installed the latest Java (it automatically leads me to the page lol)

@Gift Of Jericho Try doing this and see if it lets you.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/update_runtime_settings.xml

It is possible that even if you have installed the latest version of Java, your browser may not be able to use it because it is not enabled. This could happen when you install other applications that also install Java and the vendors do not want to change your browser settings. However, it is always a good idea to use the latest version of Java to ensure you have the latest security fixes and enhancements.

If your browser is not using the latest version you have installed, you will need to enable the latest version of Java in the Java Control Panel.

Enable the latest installed version of Java in the Java Control Panel

In the Java Control Panel, click on the Java tab.

Click View to display the Java Runtime Environment Settings

Verify that the latest Java Runtime version is enabled by checking the Enabled box.

java_runtime.jpg

Click OK to save settings

Click OK in Java Control Panel window to confirm changes and close the window.

Try to run same applet and verify it is now running using latest version of Java installed in your system.

If that fails then remove all java versions from the pc, reboot, download and install latest version.

Edited by Freon
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, BamBams Universe said:

@Alejandro martin @kkt661

maybe the problem is your virus scanner? Some virus scanners recognize the program as a virus (although it is not one !!!). During the installation and after the first start, I deactivated the virus scanner for a short time and then activated it again. For me, the program runs flawlessly. (Win 10)

hmm...i don't use any virus scanner....

i tried close all security modules and start DataEditor but the results were the same.

4 hours ago, motishow said:

Cave i have changed the name announcement of a wrestler in his pofo to a blank one, but when i chose the wrestler the announcer is still saying his original name.

The ring announcer or the commentators? This won't change the ring announcer name. You'll have to change the sound file with Sound Editor for that. If the commentary name isn't changing (or resetting, like the hometown does) that's probably a game issue as well.

9 hours ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

You need the 64 bit version (Windows x64) (not 32 bit!) of JRE 1.8.0_152 (8u152 - not 8u151 which is listed above but is older!) or later (but not Java 9). The link for the download is in the Readme file.

If that doesn't work for you, try @Freon's guide above, but ensure to not install Java 9 by mistake.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

You need the 64 bit version (Windows x64) (not 32 bit!) of JRE 1.8.0_152 (8u152 - not 8u151 which is listed above but is older!) or later (but not Java 9). The link for the download is in the Readme file.

If that doesn't work for you, try @Freon's guide above, but ensure to not install Java 9 by mistake.

It was fixed thanks to Freon's guide :p It automatically leads me to Java 9nso I thought it was required lol. Thanks anyway :)

Since so many people are having problems installing a compatible version of the Java Runtime Enviroment, I've decided that I'll bundle it with the next version. On the bright side, this means you'll no longer have to install Java yourself. However, it also means that the download size of Data Editor will increase from around 30 MB to around 100MB. I don't like the latter, but it's a more idiot-proof way and will hopefully allow everyone to start Data Editor properly.

1 hour ago, Sri Modz said:

Ok.Sir.I Have Installed It Correctly.But My Question Was How To Assign 10 Attires For A Wrestler ex:Roman Reigns 368.What Changes To Do In DATA EDITOR?Please Help Me

Read the Tutorials linked in the top post.

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k18 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2017.12.30: Version 2018.0.5.0.1 Beta
+ General: Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE) 8u152 Windows x64 bit now comes bundled with the tool to fall back on in case no compatible version of the Java Runtime Enviroment is installed on your system. This means that it should no longer be required to install Java separately.
While this sadly increases the download size by a lot, it should prevent the issues people were having with installing a compatible version of Java and launching Data Editor.
+ Data Lists: Updated various Data Lists with missing names including many that come with the Enduring Icons DLC.

Please update to the latest version, especially if you had problems with getting the previous version(s) to run.

1 hour ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

Does the Attire Unlocker get reset everytime we update the chunk.def, or I just messed something up?

You are likely using an old .def regenerator that isn't "smart" (they are usually very simple scripts) and thus overwrites the path to the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock. Use the "smart" one that comes with Custom Character Tools 2018 instead (Utilities->Regenerate Chunk0.def), it will go through all the files, ensure that there are no duplicates, fix some thing if needed and prioritize any mods in the \mods\ folder.
Alternatively, if you really want to use one of the non-"smart" regenerators, you can re-save the Data to the Misc file in the Attire Unlocker every time after you have re-generated the .def file with the non-"smart" ones.
On a side note, it's a good idea to install all your .pac files with Custom Character Tools 2018 (Install->CH-Pac file(s)) as it will update the .def file on the fly, convert any HSPC-format files to EPK8 if necessary and rename the EMD section according to the file name all by itself.

32 minutes ago, Sri Modz said:

If We Put misc01_start.pac file Directly in { pac/root/misc01_start.pac } - This Directory,Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker Works Cave?

No. Keep it in the \mods\Universal Alternate Attire Unlock\pac\root\ folder where it's installed and use a "smart" Chunk0.def file regenerator like the one in CCT 2018 as mentioned above to regenerate the Chunk0.def file. Then it will work properly.

Hopefully the older regenerators will be updated in the future so they don't mess things up the way they do right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sri Modz said:

Thanks Cave.It Works.But Iam Trying For Roman In 15 slot but it doesnt works.how to fix this one?

Assuming you have already installed the ch368*.pac files for Roman's alternate Attires properly (if not use Custom Character Tools 2018's Install->CH-Pac file(s) option to do so!), follow the following instructions:

1.  Open Data Editor while your game is closed (otherwise your changes may not take). 
  2. Click on the "Tools, Help,..." tab.
  3. Click on the "Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker" Button.
  4. The "Alternate Attire Unlocker" Window will start, normally with an Unassigned slot.
  5.  Click on the long dropdown box with the "Assigned wrester" label.
  6. Scroll down and select Roman Reigns.
  7. Click on the Number of Attires dropdown box.
  8. Select the number of attires you wish to use for Roman Reigns (for example 10 if you want 10 Attires selectable).
  9. Optionally, if you want to change the attire names, click the "String Table" button to see which name strings are available, then copy and paste the hex address of the deisred string into the text field of the desired attire.
  10. Optionally, you can also click the "Load Attire Names from .attire_names file" if someone has provided you with an .attire_names file for the alternate attires.
  11. Optionally, if you wish to have any attires usable only when Roman is a manager, tick the "Manager Attire" checkbox next to the attire you wish to be a Manager Attire. Otherwise leave it unticked and you will be able to select the attires in any situation.
  12. Click the "Apply Attire Unlock Data to for Unlocked Attire Slot..." button to apply the data in the current slot.
  13. Click the "Save Data to misc01_start.pac file" Button. This will apply the changes to that slot and save all your changes to the misc file so they become available in the game. In addition, it will check if the .def file points to the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock and if it doesn't, it will update it so it will work properly.
  14. Start the game.
  15. Click "Play", choose any match type and select Roman Reigns.
  16. You should now have a choice of attires.
  17. Choose the desired attire, start the Match and hit someone with a Spear and a Suuuuuuuuuuuuuperman Punch! ;)

A generic and slightly more elaborate version of the above may be found on the Data Editor Tutorials Wiki page, by the way.