Question/Poll for ALL Modders ONLY (Please reply)

jbl328

Question for ALL Modders ONLY (Please reply)  

25 members have voted

1. 1. By show of hands, how many of you would continue to buy 2K games if there were no more PC versions nor the ability to mod?

I've only purchased these games with the intentions to mod. With the arena projects I'm doing, and the mods that are possible... If modding wasn't a thing, I'd have no use for these games.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely not! I think mods help to bring the community together and if the ability to mod was removed, then there would be no point whatsoever. It would just be a "glorified" console release.

It would, however, give me genuine interest to jailbreak the PS4/X1 if such a thing was possible.

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for dropping in & giving your feedback on this one. I was really curious considering what 2K has offered on the console versions over the last several years.

Gotta say I've been so unimpressed & dissatisfied with the bland, repetitive, restrictive, glitchy series on consoles altogether that I decided to sell my PS4, WWE 2K17, Mafia III, and Uncharted 4 at gamestop recently. I was a bit amazed when saw a ton of other folks doing the same thing, including getting rid of their NBA 2K games with the PS4 as well. A lot of locals I talked to are fed up with the bullshit too including their super UGLY copy & paste legend models.

For me, it's gotten to the point to where I don't even care about wwe games anymore unless someone else decides to make them. If I knew about modding or how to mod, I'd probably stick with the series a little longer I guess but at this point my only interest is Nintendo Switch, some Non-2K games, classic gaming, and observing the awesome mods that many of you all create.

I look forward to hearing from many more of you on this matter. ALL feedback will be appreciated:D

I'd probably still buy the game since my PC is what I mainly use for games if there was no modding it would probably cut my play time in half 
It'd lose most of it's appeal if modding was something gone from the 2K series I'd most likely skip the releases unless a huge feature I wanted was introduced tbh.

• Thanks 1

I think before 2K15 on PC the last WWE game I bought was probably something like SVR09 or SVR11, so the modding possibilities were what really brought me back. I'm not particularly invested in the modern WWE product, so an inability to mod kills any interest I would have.

• Thanks 1

Without a PC version, I don't think I would be interested much at all.
I'm mainly a PC gamer (although I have an Xbox One S, but it's mainly an entertainment center/UHD BluRay Player for me) and unless consoles begin to have the same or better graphics quality (including Anti-Aliasing!) at high resolutions and framerates as my Titan X based high-end PC or at least GTX 1080-based laptop does as well as get proper Keyboard and Mouse support for games (Xbox One is going to get those added with a future update, apparently). I'd still prefer a PC version, though.

If there still was a PC version but was unmoddable (by becoming an UWP/Xbox Play Anywhere app, for example), I might still get it iff it was possible to use custom themes from my HDD or USB Stick for entrance/exit music (and ideally custom video files from the HDD for any trons) and the match editor was included and powerful enough to create all kinds of matches including Tag Team Ladder/TLC and Tag Team Tables elimination matches and the roster and gameplay was interesting enough. That would be the bare minimum I would expect from such an unmoddable version (be it PC or consoles).

• Thanks 1

i will still buy the game.if there is no modding to because not mod's give's us fun or entertain us they just update the game up to date.because every one should have fun of the game.the people who don't have money and download cracked version's they feel everyday for mod's.they come to this website search for tool's which let them use mod's in cracked game's.they see topic's and heartly feel that.if they get mods they can play happily.and entertain themselve's....i know many of we people feel that they are worthy for this as they don't pay any money for the hard work 2k developer's do..they spend plenty of time on doing the game..i know how much time it take to make a game as i am a game developer too...but they should be given a chance for using their favourite mods.....but very less priority should be given to them as they use cracked version...at first i didn't buy the game when it was released as i don't have money at the time..i bought the game in june when it's prize was fallen to 7.812 us dollar not the standard one but the deluxe one.then without seeing anything i bought the game....and now i am using this but still i get problem's using the game like sometime's steam server's doesn't connect..sometime's i get steam cloud data corrupted..my pc is good with high speed internet..but it'says cannot connect to 2k server's and i can't use community creation's...so how can a person trust and buy the game who live's in city's like india...etc where server's are too busy...

i am not saying this on my own i referred many people here on the community and writing this..but here on this community many people like @FinaleStar @pozzum @AznBlusuazn @LordJustice17 @Cave Waverider @GameElite™...etc this people alway's help when we got a problem in the mod's or due to the game itself.i trust this website Because of this People In the Community....But if there is no mod's we can still buy the game..and the game like 2k18 who wanna dislike this game with advanced feature's.Brilliant AI.Ultimate Reaction's....etc And New match Type's..

NOTE- 1-i too Don't support Cracked Version's But Less Priority should be given to them so they can see it's uses and try to Buy The game

2-And India mean's not all place's in india or not only india but many country's and city's

3-i only mentioned few name's of Moderators because They Mostly help people...

4-And if anyone doesn't like this. I am Sorry.....

5-But the Last word is that if you are willing to buy a 2k game i give the rating as follow from my Experience ----70-you can buy and 30-it's waste to                     buy if you have low  speed internet...and doesn't Have proper Sever's......

6-AND 2K DEVELOPER's in a press conference told that from 2k15 game they will be definitely launching a pc version....but if they couldn't launch                     then we can buy the game for console as i only prefer entertainment and comfort....to player's..

Thank you 

AND IF YOU FEEL I GET PROBLEM'S DUE TO MY PC...HERE ARE MY SPEC'S---------

MONITOR---TOSHIBA 50 INCHE'S LED TV

GPU------GTX 1080 TI 11 GB

PROCESSOR----INTEL 17 BLACK EDITION 6950X EXTREME EDITION

RAM,---64 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE

MOTHERBOARD---ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION

OPERATING SYTEM-----WINDOWS-8.1

THIS ARE MY SPEC'S AND I THINK THIS IS ENOUGH TO PLAY 2K17 GAME SMOOTHLY

THANK YOU 

Edited by Abdul Rock Empire
  • Thanks 1

I would continue to buy WWE games. The only reason I bought a graphics card is to play WWE 2K and I have not owned a console since PS2. I do not play any other games nor have any real interest in tech/gaming cultures. I'm just a wrestling fan.

I stumbled into modding due to the laziness of 2K's character/attire choices. I only do it to enhance my experiences playing the game (mostly nostalgic). The amazing artists, programmers, community, etc. has drawn me deeper into the scene. Without WWE 2K series, I'd have no reason to play games, let alone mod.

If 2k released the game without modding capabilities, I'd probably still buy, just wouldn't enjoy as much.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Just Not said:

I would continue to buy WWE games. The only reason I bought a graphics card is to play WWE 2K and I have not owned a console since PS2. I do not play any other games nor have any real interest in tech/gaming cultures. I'm just a wrestling fan.

I stumbled into modding due to the laziness of 2K's character/attire choices. I only do it to enhance my experiences playing the game (mostly nostalgic). The amazing artists, programmers, community, etc. has drawn me deeper into the scene. Without WWE 2K series, I'd have no reason to play games, let alone mod.

If 2k released the game without modding capabilities, I'd probably still buy, just wouldn't enjoy as much.

i also buy a new graphic card only when i heard wwe2k15 release for pc it was a dream for me but now when i put mods on 2k15 i see the game will be shitty without mods if mods on wwe2k18 blocked i will not of course buy it or just play it and all modding community will mod on 2k17 so of course i will stay on 2k17 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all once again. The more feedback, the better. I really enjoy reading your opinions on this subject matter and appreciate all those who voted.

The only way I could see myself returning to spend money on this series is if I learned how to mod and/or install mods. MAYBE. Other than that, fuck no. Whenever I look at how many of you make much better looking models out of characters like The Undertaker, Bret, Bam Bam Bigelow, Shawn Michaels, Sycho Sid, Ric Flair etc VS the minimum effort 2k put into those models, I often shake my head out of frustration but not anymore. I've moved on after accepting the fact that 2K does not care & will not ever care especially after trying out 2k17.

Their track record of using the same ol' UGLY copy & paste legend models year after year is more than enough evidence. Thats why they didn't show the older legend models for 2k18 this year, because there will be no changes, upgrades nor improvements for them!!! I guarantee it. Also, Kurt Angle (ECW) should NOT have the same face as Angle 2000 but those lazy cunts at 2K obviously see no problem with that.

The upload/download restrictions are stupid as fuck too. This is one of the major factors that completely turned me off from the series.

@Dennis-Bieser is the one of the 1st modders for the current gen/PC games that really impressed me with his work. @Def Dave too.

Also, thank you @kim666 , @Just Not, @hovathagod32, @jakeypearce, @FinaleStar, @LordJustice17, @Cave Waverider and all the rest of you for sharing your thoughts & votes.

Edited by jbl328
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

• 1 month later...

I'd probably just pick the game up for a few quid on sale much later or grab it on console when its on sale.

I like to modify the game, the in game creation tools only go so far and often mods fix problems the devs don't seem to want to address.

Modding also gives games a fresh look and feel when they start to get shallow on offering anything new.