2007 -2008 roster (suggestions)

the King Lives

does anyone have an accurate idea of what the 2007-2008 roster was?

i'm drawing a blank since i missed those years while taking a break from wresting

14 hours ago, Phenomenal Modder said:

and this is not what i wanted.

i don't want a SVR07 or 08 video game roster. i wanted the real roster cause none of those rosters are accurate to the real thing.

07's was based on late 06. 08's was based on late 07's and it was messed up because of the benoit disaster. and 09's was based on mid-late 08

if you had actually read my post and i'm trying to say this the nicest way possible. you'd see that i googled the roster and all that came up was SVR rosters which is NOT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. thanks anyway

Clearly, there's really no better source to find that information. So, maybe just say good enough and move on?

Or watch a few shows from that time period, to get a general idea. I don't know, man.

So I was on again and off again working on a "Ruthless Aggression" era CAW Project, and I will say using the games of the time would be very helpful, as would watching the television product. Looking at the rosters from SvR2007-2009 would fill in a lot of the blanks but it also really depends on what time period of 2007-2008 you're going for. The landscape changes so so much from January 2007 to December 2008. But if it were me, and I were creating everyone from scratch here is what I'd come up with. Lets say it was all catagorized in a Universe Mode:

RAW: Ashley Massaro, Beth Phoenix, Bobby Lashley, Brian Kendrick, Candice Michelle, Carlito, Charlie Haas, Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Daivari, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hardcore Holly, Jeff Hardy, Jillian Hall, John Cena, JTG, Ken Kennedy, Lance Cade, Maria, Melina, Mickie James, Paul London, Randy Orton, Ric Flair, Santino Marella, Shad, Shawn Michaels, Snitsky, Super Crazy, The Coach, Trevor Murdoch, Triple H, Trish Stratus, Umaga, Vince McMahon, William Regal

ECW: Armando Estrada, Balls Mahoney, Big Daddy V, Boogeyman, Brian Major, Brett Major, Brooke, Chavo Guerrero, CM Punk, Elijah Burke, John Morrison, Kelly Kelly, Kevin Thorn, Layla, Marcus Cor Von, Mike Knox, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Sandman, Shannon Moore, Shelton Benjamin, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer

SmackDown: Batista, Big Show, Booker T, Chris Masters, Chuck Palumbo, Edge, Festus, Finlay, Gregory Helms, Jamie Noble, JBL, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kane, Mark Henry, Maryse, Matt Hardy, Michelle McCool, MVP, Natayla, Rey Mysterio, Sharmell, The Great Khali, The Undertaker, Torrie Wilson, Vickie Guerrero, Victoria

Free Agency/FCW: Brie Bella, Chris Benoit, Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne, Ezekiel Jackson, Jack Swagger, Kenny Dykstra, Kofi Kingston, Nikki Bella, Paul Burchill, Primo, R-Truth, Ted DiBiase Jr., Vladimir Kozlov

On 8/5/2017 at 10:29 PM, mattoriginal said:

So I was on again and off again working on a "Ruthless Aggression" era CAW Project, and I will say using the games of the time would be very helpful, as would watching the television product. Looking at the rosters from SvR2007-2009 would fill in a lot of the blanks but it also really depends on what time period of 2007-2008 you're going for. The landscape changes so so much from January 2007 to December 2008. But if it were me, and I were creating everyone from scratch here is what I'd come up with. Lets say it was all catagorized in a Universe Mode:

RAW: Ashley Massaro, Beth Phoenix, Bobby Lashley, Brian Kendrick, Candice Michelle, Carlito, Charlie Haas, Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Daivari, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hardcore Holly, Jeff Hardy, Jillian Hall, John Cena, JTG, Ken Kennedy, Lance Cade, Maria, Melina, Mickie James, Paul London, Randy Orton, Ric Flair, Santino Marella, Shad, Shawn Michaels, Snitsky, Super Crazy, The Coach, Trevor Murdoch, Triple H, Trish Stratus, Umaga, Vince McMahon, William Regal

ECW: Armando Estrada, Balls Mahoney, Big Daddy V, Boogeyman, Brian Major, Brett Major, Brooke, Chavo Guerrero, CM Punk, Elijah Burke, John Morrison, Kelly Kelly, Kevin Thorn, Layla, Marcus Cor Von, Mike Knox, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Sandman, Shannon Moore, Shelton Benjamin, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer

SmackDown: Batista, Big Show, Booker T, Chris Masters, Chuck Palumbo, Edge, Festus, Finlay, Gregory Helms, Jamie Noble, JBL, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kane, Mark Henry, Maryse, Matt Hardy, Michelle McCool, MVP, Natayla, Rey Mysterio, Sharmell, The Great Khali, The Undertaker, Torrie Wilson, Vickie Guerrero, Victoria

Free Agency/FCW: Brie Bella, Chris Benoit, Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne, Ezekiel Jackson, Jack Swagger, Kenny Dykstra, Kofi Kingston, Nikki Bella, Paul Burchill, Primo, R-Truth, Ted DiBiase Jr., Vladimir Kozlov

actually no cause Chris Masters was on raw in 07

there are a few other inconsistencies that's why i don't really try to use the games as a model. it's mostly right but like I would not use managers or people like the coach. that's just me.

Edited by Jai

Chris Masters was drafted to SmackDown in June and stayed there until his release in November. I don't get how you can just ask for help, because "you weren't watching", and then when people try to help you say "WELL NO THAT'S NOT RIGHT." Also, yes there are inconsistencies, like the lack of Deuce and Domino. If you want a specific roster from a specific period, it really can't be as vague as 2007-2008. Like, after I typed up that suggestion, I went and skimmed through the 2007 shows I have on my hard drive, and made an accurate roster for the summer/early fall of 2007. I was inspired to actually try and come up with this as a project to work on when 2k18 comes out.

RAW:Armando Estrada, Beth Phoenix, Bobby Lashley, Brian Kendrick, Candice Michelle, Carlito, Charlie Haas, Cody Rhodes, Daivari, Dusty Rhodes, Hacksaw Duggan, Hardcore Holly, Jeff Hardy, Jillian, John Cena, JTG, King Booker, Lance Cade, Maria, Melina, Mickie James, Mr. Kennedy, Paul London, Queen Sharmell, Randy Orton, Robbie McAlister, Rory McAllister, Sandman, Santino Marella, Shad, Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, Snitsky, Super Crazy, Trevor Murdoch, Triple H, Umaga, Val Venis, William Regal

ECW: Balls Mahoney, Big Daddy V, Brooke, CM Punk, Elijah Burke, John Morrison, Kelly Kelly, Kevin Thorn, Layla, Matt Striker, Mike Knox, Nunzio, Stevie Richards, The Boogeyman, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer

SmackDown: Ashley Massaro, Batista, Brett Major, Brian Major, Chavo Guerrero, Cherry, Chris Masters, Chuck Palumbo, Deuce, Domino, Edge, Eugene, Festus, Finlay, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kane, Kenny Dykstra, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, Michelle McCool, MVP, Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, Shannon Moore, The Great Khali, The Undertaker, Torrie Wilson, Victoria

Free Agency: Chris Jericho, Drew McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Eve Torres, Jake Hager, John Bradshaw Layfield, Jonathan Coachman, Mr. McMahon, Nick Nemeth, Ron Simmons, Runjin Singh, Sheamus O'Shaunessy, Steve Austin, Ted DiBiase Jr.

Based from two weeks after the Benoit incident to the second week of October, the three main rosters are factually correct. And now that the WWE Network has every RAW and SmackDown, you can fact check me. But on another note, the games really are something to look at when coming up with a project like this. Realistically, I'll probably do with this what I did with my 2001 CAW project this year. Hammer out a really good CAW, make five or six half assed CAWs. Then get focused on school and work, and just go back to making my friends and I or playing a different game. But using the games as a skeleton is very helpful. That's where I'll be getting the movesets and textures for this project. You really have to look at the games as a suggestion, and your time periods are way off. 

SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 is more of a reflection of Late 2004 to WrestleMania 21.

SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 is a reflection of late 2005 to The SmackDown after WrestleMania 22(hence the inclusion of The Great Khali and Umaga)

SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 is, albeit a very barebones, reflection of late 2006 to WrestleMania 23.

SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 reflects mid to late 2007 all the way to WrestleMania 24. 

You get the picture from there. When looking at the games, not when they came out, but when they were based. They really are a very helpful snapshot into the period you want to work on. You use that skeleton, and then research into who all was there by looking up YouTube videos, using resources like http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/ where you can find results from every show(including house shows), and even finding full shows. Like I said, I skimmed every episode from mid summer to early October. Skimming through and writing down a list like that maybe took half an hour. The longest part will be getting the textures ready for 2k18, but since I have the textures from SvR2006 to SvR2011, that's more than half the roster already accounted for texture wise. 

Edited by mattoriginal
Adding on.

well i don't get how you are getting an attitude. sheesh. and i didn't say i didn't watch all of 07 there were some i missed cause i was in school which was way more important than watching wrestling events but hey that's just me. i went to school to further my education not watch wrestling. and not be focused.

• 3 years later...

I know its a very old thread, but to the dude with the default face CAW as his pfp, thesmackdownhotel now has a list of the superstars who were on all the brands each year in real life

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/roster/?promotion=wwe&date=2007

and dont be such a dick to the guy that helped. I can go one better and say I have binged ALL of 2007 on the network. Chris Masters started on RAW and then moved to Smackdown around the mid point of the year. He also had a match on ECW, too. You're the only one getting an attitude here when he took the time to help your specific request

Edited by Podgorski37
some more info

• 1 month later...

You get the picture from there. When looking at the games, not when they came out, but when they were based. They really are a very helpful snapshot into the period you want to work on. You use that skeleton, and then research into who all was there by looking up YouTube videos, using resources like

Bro you can visit the wrestling website for this https://watchwrestling.in/sports/wwe-24/