• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HiPcavallo

• Penguin

• Steenalizer

• Beardy

Well to be fair, I was talking about South Park characters. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with having a lisp or diabetes, but in the world of South Park it’s a running gag, one which negatively affects Scott Malkinson’s standing with other characters. Clyde may not particularly stand out, he’s kinda always just there. But Clyde is one  of the more popular kids at school, and despite the unfortunate death of his mother, his family still has better financial standing than most other families in town. So it’s fair to say that Clyde probably lives a far happier and more comfortable life, while Scott Malkinson spends his life tortured by diabetes and social media. My previous comment was only intended to reflect what a lisp and diabetes is to the character Scott Malkinson, not in any way a reflection of my own feelings about lisps and diabetes. I sincerely apologise to anyone who might have been offended, sorry, bro.

• Bliss 1

4 hours ago, Penguin said:

You think that's enough to appease peeps getting offended? They'll probably ban you doubly now.. Though, not gonna lie I always used to confuse Clyde and Craig.. But then Craig got entertaining.

Then Craig got entertaining? Craig was entertaining as soon as he first got a speaking role and started flipping people off for no reason. I think it’s just easy to forget he was so entertaining early on because he spent most of his earlier appearances as a background character. Certainly had more memorable earlier appearances than Clyde!

He really wasn’t. The transformation was a massive disappointment. The arm was a very minor character in the original series, but a very significant one, and undoubtedly one of the highlights of the original series. The tree was cool for what it was, but it was a poor substitute and really didn’t do anything (the arm was the main Black Lodge character in the original, MIKE basically took his place in the return). To be fair though it wasn’t their fault, they wanted to have him remain a midget, but Michael J. Anderson was offended by the money he was initially offered and threw a career ending twitter rant. They had no choice but to rewrite and/or recast the character, it certainly wasn’t ideal, but it was better than not having an arm, or being stuck with a shitty recast.

I just hope that maybe, somehow, some way, that if Twin Peaks ever does come back for another season (Lynch says it might in four years), that Michael J. Anderson can manage to chill the fuck out and make peace with David Lynch so the arm can revert to being a loveable dancing midget again.

Yea basically, didn’t get what he wanted so he called David Lynch names and made absurd comparisons between working for Lynch/Showtime and slavery. It was apparently so bad that even his own representation threw him under the bus.