WWE2K17 Gold Edition (No longer available).

Perfectplex

how do i go about instaling pacs then? i downloaded your adam rose, for example, from your other thread and changed the name to "ch428XX.pac" and it just replaces brock lesnar...

i just copied and paste the file into ch folder. do i have to instal via cct or some other tool?

6 minutes ago, nicomoto2014 said:

how do i go about instaling pacs then? i downloaded your adam rose, for example, from your other thread and changed the name to "ch428XX.pac" and it just replaces brock lesnar...

i just copied and paste the file into ch folder. do i have to instal via cct or some other tool?

It's probably easiest if you rename the .pac file first (like you've already done), just make sure that the XX is the proper numbers, too) and then install it via CCT's Mass Character-Pac Installer, which will rename the EMD entries inside the .pac file to match the numbers in the file name for you.

9 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

It's probably easiest if you rename the .pac file first (like you've already done), just make sure that the XX is the proper numbers, too) and then install it via CCT's Mass Character-Pac Installer, which will rename the EMD entries inside the .pac file to match the numbers in the file name for you.

thanks. i did that instead and it worked.

Another question: how do I go about changing Adam roses, for example, entrance? When I go to edit it makes the game go into an infinite loading. I tried data editor but I can't figure out which pofo/moveset slot to export and then import.

This  mod is not ready as it currently stands for general use and I would advise you and others use @pozzum 's tried and tested community supported WWE2K17+ which uses the default base with a pacplus feature which unlocks more slots and many other features useful for people who just want fuss free features without the work and is compatible with all the current tools.

I appreciate the interest but until I have tools to change things on the fly and fixed movesets and pofos for the characters this is far from a release for fun use and thus stands as a project for advanced modders to help build up.

That being said you can create pofos and movesets in Data Editor and use Custom Character Tools with my data.xml file to inject them to the required slot, please note the file name of the moveset and pofo is irrelevant so I would advise renaming them to "Adam Rose.pofo" and "Adam Rose.moveset" for example, they should inject fine.

I will not be financially gaining from this mod, I wont require credit for anything and wish to just provide a combined base for all to use freely to build their own projects around.

I still need a tool dedicated for this base otherwise this mod will have to be abandoned.

I require a willing cheat engine user who has the know how to create tools to be able to create a tool to be able to change profile and moveset information, I have had nothing but bad experiences trying to wrap my head around cheat engine and it messing up my system (possibly coincidence) and it has damaged my trust and enthusiasm to use it to create tools myself so I would really appreciate help in this area.

To be able to manipulate the locked/unlocked and superstars/downloads/managers bytes and save them into live memory would be a good start.

I do not know how to create a tool which reads from and injects the changed data into the memory so I can then save the game just like the other tools do.

Edited by Perfectplex

Updated to 0.2b

Now even more compact and contains the chunk_cache files fix.

Still at the same stage, I just made the mod smaller with less steps and added the chunk_cache.bin and chunk_cache2.bin files.

@Perfectplex I've had a memory editor for CCT in the pipeline but it was never released due the fact that I want people to use Data Editor for such changes. Tell me what you need and I will try my best to help. Just (un)lock Wrestlers and change their menu order/area?

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Cheers Vis' you always come through.

As the base stands in order to change characters details it requires having to inject fresh pofos and movesets every time I want to test a change, I really would like to be able to tinker with them on the fly.

So for instance just for a starting block being able to select a slot number and it read the ch number to show whom it is and be able to change their playable flag and menu flag then inject it back into the memory then save the changes in game would be fine.

From there it is purely down to how far you are willing to go to tinker with their bytes, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something I can use, and you know me I will happily try to do these things myself but this is something that requires injection into the live memory which I believe can only be done with cheat engine.

I am happy to help where I can and will send you a guide to the actual slot list (something I am going to fix in the first post in due course) as some slots had to be skipped.

Slot list now updated to show the defective slots skipped.

data.xml updated too in main zip.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonasSlasher said:

hi perfect plex.. since you are adding mods.. this mod will include a save file?

You don't need a save file, it is for a fresh save, it creates one.

It is a start base modification and should be treat like a different game to some degree.

I do not advise using it in its current state, it is purely a project for advanced modders (those who understand the concept and file structure).

It is not ready for general use, using it will result in bugs and incompatibility issues with other tools and future updates.

It is to be used as a side project with its own save file and chetc file.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

Updated to v0.3b

Now even simpler.

• Fixes to some defective character files which resulted in a managers bug.
  • Strings file overhauled.
  • Included Strings file base for more customisation experimentation.
  • Removed custom misc file.
Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

On 2017-5-26 at 9:00 PM, Perfectplex said:

Updated to v0.3b

Now even simpler.

• Fixes to some defective character files which resulted in a managers bug.
  • Strings file overhauled.
  • Included Strings file base for more customisation experimentation.
  • Removed custom misc file.

Hows the project coming along @Perfectplex need a hand with anything? 

Not much to say really, taking a break from it and not really sure what more can be done for it.

It just requires pofos (I completed these) movesets and ch files put into place and its good to be used really so long as you use the data xml file I included with CCT to install things it should act as a base with more slots available basically.

I don't think there's really much interest in the project, maybe I didn't explain it better or something or that with WWE2K17+ having more slots its rendered obsolete anyway?

On 6/7/2017 at 4:28 PM, Perfectplex said:

Not much to say really, taking a break from it and not really sure what more can be done for it.

It just requires pofos (I completed these) movesets and ch files put into place and its good to be used really so long as you use the data xml file I included with CCT to install things it should act as a base with more slots available basically.

I don't think there's really much interest in the project, maybe I didn't explain it better or something or that with WWE2K17+ having more slots its rendered obsolete anyway?

My personal opinion on this is that this can be crucial link to try and figure out a more permanent pac plus type system in future.

• 6 months later...
  • LordJustice17 locked this topic