How to create Materials Shine on imported textures

WolfgangJT

*Please pin*

Hi Everyone.  Now that I've released this on my Lashley and it was also released on PS4 on RaVen's Kenny Omega jacket (video examples below), figured I'd share with everyone how to create the in-game materials shine on an imported logo texture.

**please credit me for this idea if utilized and posted/released on a creation.

I will use the following logo of Undertaker as an example to reference:

undertaker-big-evil-red-devil-head-mens-

1.  Start with your base texture first (the parts of the texture you WANT to have the shine).  So with the above example,  if you want the red and white to BOTH shine, the base texture should be all of the red and white areas only (alpha out the black, including the eyes, on the base texture)...if you only want the red to shine/have the materials look,  the base will only be a solid texture of the red.

2.  After base texture is applied, put a rectangle design (under Designs) over top of the base texture (stopping at the edges/just past edges of the base texture), put color as 0, 0, 0 black....low opacity and change its material to what you want (you can toy with moving the opacity up some and color up toward more grey/white to change how much the effect shows). **note, at this point, you will see the materials look across the entire rectangle area**

3.  Then create/add a surround texture afterwards to cover surrounding areas you don't want the material shine. Ex above, if red and white are wanted for the shine, the 2nd texture should only be the black, including the eyes (the red and white areas should be made transparent/removed out of the texture)...if only the red is wanted to shine, the 2nd texture should be only the black and white areas, including the black eyes...the area in red should be removed out of the texture and transparent).  Always make sure you have an outer background that matches the color you are adding to...example, outsides on the above are black, which would match the black on the shirt and cover up unwanted shine outside of the logo.  Then stretch it to match with the base texture that was applied.

This will create a logo that shines where you want it to shine (moving/changing like the in-game materials shines do), while everything else stays flat.

Video examples:

Lashley logos with "Plastic" Materials choice:

Kenny Omega logo with "Rainbow" Materials choice:

Edited by WolfgangJT
  • Like 1

• Penguin pinned this topic