Entrance animation (EVZ) discoveries

jakeypearce

So far, the best I've been able to do is this.

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNw9ENhCAMANBdGIAKKG3chiBBc9oSqLkPc7ufL3mPuftpVrOrtrECbMfI0jc7VHqqxVaRepbUjmGzXJBUU96vwjrAo6MlUghh8eQj0QSeCN9TnB1FRIwObv6wfNk2rub3BwqcIvk.ru6-hwMSwF-Pt9kzMnZVLco4YW8?width=832&height=469

It requires replacing bytes for the bones, which is one reason for the 2K15/2K16/2K17 entrances being significantly larger than the 2K14 entrances.

1 hour ago, kruggernog said:

You got 2k14 entrances to work??? Damn! Try Jeff Hardy

Not yet sadly. The 2K14 entrance I mainly want working is Retro Rock's.

4 hours ago, jakeypearce said:

Damn! So you basically have it, you're on the brink of perfecting it.. and once you do it's gonna be ground breaking for modding!

Ohh man please write up a tutorial as to how you did this. I wanna see if we can do the reverse and import 2k17 and 16 entrances into 2k14.

You've just changed the game.

Edited by rj10018576

Just now, rj10018576 said:

Ohh man please write up a tutorial as to how you did this. I wanna see if we can do the reverse and import 2k17 and 16 entrances into 2k14.

You've just changed the game.

Not likely. The 2k14 Entrances are a lot smaller than the 2k16/17 entrances. Also He didn't get it to work all the way. Just the EVP.

ohhhhhhhhhh shit. can't wait to see the finished product. then hopefully being able to port all those entrances over from last gen would simply be amazing

On 3/10/2017 at 7:23 PM, kaa992 said:

Not likely. The 2k14 Entrances are a lot smaller than the 2k16/17 entrances. Also He didn't get it to work all the way. Just the EVP.

But we gotta ask if the entrances are different between 2k17s pc version and ps3 version. If a breakdown explanation of the basic functions of a entrance file is provided we may be able to import last gen versions(or key parts of them) of 2k17 entrance files into 2k14. It seems as if he's breaking the files down.

Edited by rj10018576

Awesome to see you making progress on all of this still, man. Was always happy to see you, or anyone else, also exploring this part of the game. No idea how you managed to alter the direction and rotation of the animation. My guess would be it having something to do with the root bone of the animation--if that's even at all how that works. If you are able to get 360/PS3 entrances working on the PC, I'd be great if the opposite were somehow possible as, for whatever reason, they left the 360/PS3 crowd short a few of the original entrances (Tanahashi's and a few others) in 2K17. I see you're working primarily with the EVZ. If you ever get around to the EVP, I've pretty much got the majority of it broken down to a science from all my years of modding cutscenes and the like. Pretty sure those are about the same across the 360/PS3 and PS4/XB1/PC versions. Would just have to get something together that breaks down what each part that I know about is, if I could find the time--which is fairly rare these days.

40 minutes ago, OverTheEdge said:

If you ever get around to the EVP, I've pretty much got the majority of it broken down to a science from all my years of modding cutscenes and the like. Pretty sure those are about the same across the 360/PS3 and PS4/XB1/PC versions. Would just have to get something together that breaks down what each part that I know about is, if I could find the time--which is fairly rare these days.

Kinda funny you mention the EVP. The last two videos I have above is an EVP from WWE 2K14, and an EVP from WWE '12 (almost) converted. :)

There is a string called "root" in the motion part. To me, that suggests that the EVZ can be used in an external program. While I don't know how, that's the thrill of it. :)

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 1

OK, well, here's my EVZ writeup guide. Note that I haven't "fully" experimented yet, so this will be a rough "starter" guide. I will be using The Rock's 2K15/2K16 EVZ (I actually don't remember which one it is, so if you're following with the incorrect EVZ, you'd know as most of the time, the information doesn't quite match up).

fyk1on.png

• What's highlighted in yellow ("13 C2 60") is the size of the entrance.. It runs from the first YANM reference to the end of the file. If the size is odd (such as C F2 80), you must add a 0 in front of the first byte so that it becomes 0C F2 80. Failing to do so causes it to become CF 28 00, which is not the length).
  • The integers such as 00000000 (at offset 0x74-0x7B) are the references to each YANM/YMAM reference. As you can see in the example I have above, there are 9 references in The Rock's motion.
  • Offset 0x1F0 is the first reference to our YANM entry. Then there are bytes (such as 30 F9 1A 7A 26, 18 0D AE CC 2E) that are specific to the PC version. At first, I thought that this is the reason for the 2K14 entrances not showing the model, however I was wrong.

That's all I have so far (off the top of my head). I will be adding more and more to the bulleted list as time goes on. As I said, this is nothing too extensive, so consider this a "starter guide".

On 3/15/2017 at 8:12 AM, OverTheEdge said:

Awesome to see you making progress on all of this still, man. Was always happy to see you, or anyone else, also exploring this part of the game. No idea how you managed to alter the direction and rotation of the animation. My guess would be it having something to do with the root bone of the animation--if that's even at all how that works. If you are able to get 360/PS3 entrances working on the PC, I'd be great if the opposite were somehow possible as, for whatever reason, they left the 360/PS3 crowd short a few of the original entrances (Tanahashi's and a few others) in 2K17. I see you're working primarily with the EVZ. If you ever get around to the EVP, I've pretty much got the majority of it broken down to a science from all my years of modding cutscenes and the like. Pretty sure those are about the same across the 360/PS3 and PS4/XB1/PC versions. Would just have to get something together that breaks down what each part that I know about is, if I could find the time--which is fairly rare these days.

Whats the extent to what you've accomplished in modding cutscenes? 

I've always wanted to try to replace some odd animations from create a story with showcase/40yearsofwm/attitude era animations.

• 3 months later...

would it be possible to make tag team entrance that only shows the entrance video kind like we can do with advance editor or it does with dx or shorten the dx to just before the pose and set it as a new entrance? then we could get a video of the entrance from the older games and make it the titantron for say hardy boyz . a temporary fix till we can get entrances to mesh up

i have done it with singles entrance and it works pretty good you just have to adjust the entrance motions and/or length of video to make the timing right when they scan the crowd is a good place for that

only problem is if the attire is different

• 4 weeks later...

When you figure out how to do this can you drop me a link for a WWE 13 Gangrel/Brood and Too Cool Entrances for WWE 2K17? Or a tutorial on how you did it. 

Edited by SnakeSlippers

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2017 at 9:14 PM, kaa992 said:

Im going to try and import the YANM into motionbuilder.

Hey do you have a tutorial or can you explain please on how to import a motion into motionbuilder