Entrance animation (EVZ) discoveries

jakeypearce

I thought I'd try and get a separate thread here created for entrance animations. I'll firstly start off by describing what an EVZ (the entrance animation) is.

An EVZ is the PACH/SHDC that contains the wrestler motion, the camera, and any additional files for facial expressions. The motion uses a combination of YANM and YMAM. Next, I will explain how to get said motion file. I am assuming that you are using the latest version of X-Packer 2017. No images, as it's just as easy as installing a texture for a model.

1) Launch X-Packer and open a 2K17 pac in the pac/evt folder. The files that are 00(id) are the entrance pacs (for example 00100 is The Rock's, 00101 is Steve Austin's, 00490 is Mike Tyson's, etc. Just note that Tyson's is EPK8).

2) Once you have opened up your HSPC (2k17 pac), you will get two entries, the second of which is the EVZ. Decompress it and save it somewhere (I put a folder in the evt folder of that ID, so I know what ID I've just decompressed).

3) Open up the SHDC in X-Packer. The first file listed (0000) is the motion. There are other files as well, such as 000A for the camera, however I wouldn't worry about them just yet. Extract 0000.

Recently, I have been trying to port the 2K14 entrances into 2K17. Why? Well, the devs have managed to port Mike Tyson's/"The Enforcer" (in 2K16) entrance... and that was in WWE '13. Therefore, they're not too incompatible. I'd thought to create a separate thread to document our findings and hopefully get these 2K14 entrances to work.

• Like 9

Just now, WhereTheFdidTheEgo said:

Good luck man, would be AWESOME to see some of the old 2k14(maybe even WWE '13 0_0) entrances in this game, it's always a shame when they cut out entrances.

Yeah. The WWE '13 and WWE '12 entrances also use YANM. I should mention as well that The Rock '01's winning animation was also ported from 2K14... so it IS possible, somehow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jakeypearce said:

Yeah. The WWE '13 and WWE '12 entrances also use YANM. I should mention as well that The Rock '01's winning animation was also ported from 2K14... so it IS possible, somehow.

It is possible to import wwe 2k17 entrance to wwe 2k14 on xbox 360? 

I wouldn't know, as I've never done a 2K17 to 2K14. I have done a 2K14 entrance to 2K17, which works, however the wrestler comes out with a static face. This is also not the correct thread to post this in. Please post in the 2K14 Xbox 360 forum. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Interesting as there is MANY we could use from past games (Many legends in '14, many animation for 15/16 that aren't in the game. ) Especially if they don't replace any that'd be sick. If so, then we'll need a tutorial and 'at your own risk' modding.

Just now, esbatmusic said:

many animation for 15/16 that aren't in the game. )

You can use the PC entrances, as they're the same. :)

The main entrance I'd like to replace is The Rock '01's as it's shit imo

7 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Interesting as there is MANY we could use from past games (Many legends in '14, many animation for 15/16 that aren't in the game. ) Especially if they don't replace any that'd be sick. If so, then we'll need a tutorial and 'at your own risk' modding.

Should be able to change the ID to a blank slot and then assign it with Data Editor the same as normal current gen ports.

27 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Should be able to change the ID to a blank slot and then assign it with Data Editor the same as normal current gen ports.

That's what I thought too. Tough to do (at least when you don't know how lol)

34 minutes ago, jakeypearce said:

You can use the PC entrances, as they're the same. :)

The main entrance I'd like to replace is The Rock '01's as it's shit imo

Yeah, Well, I'd rather have older animations for many as well :p

I was reading, reading and reading and kept thinkink whats the point? but, boy, when I got to the last part, I almost poopooed my pants! Amazing news! I'm waiting for this to become a reality more then HOF DLC! wish you all the luck, @jakeypearce!

Based on your topic I tried to inject AJ Styles motion file in 2k16 (think it does not matter, the issue may be the same on 2k17?). I extracted the 0000 file and injected it in Paige's evz.pac and put it back in the 00469 entrance file.

However, this results in a crash when selecting. The only way I was able to get it working was injecting both evp and evz in an entrance file and rename it properly, but this results in the issue that there won't be an entrance theme.

Is there a fix or the only solution to chose a titantron with music?

Edited by Tarnathos

6 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

Based on your topic I tried to inject AJ Styles motion file in 2k16 (think it does not matter, the issue may be the same on 2k17?). I extracted the 0000 file and injected it in Paige's evz.pac and put it back in the 00469 entrance file.

However, this results in a crash when selecting. The only way I was able to get it working was injecting both evp and evz in an entrance file and rename it properly, but this results in the issue that there won't be an entrance theme.

If the titantron displays you can easily add an audio track to a bik.

I did that for RVD to get the crowd chant in the entrance.

6 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

The way to fix the game crashing is to compress the PACH as a BPE (use Google, as I won't link it here), then add 00's to it until the next valid offset ends in a 00. For example, if the offset of the BPE ends at 243F192, then you would add 00's to it until it becomes 243F200. If the game still crashes, then the issue is with your EVZ.

Does not X-Packer compress as .bpe again when chosing compress and inject? Not found anything on the web so far but keep searching,

Left quite lost and will try my luck, hopefully there will be some tutorial once or if I get it I might create one.

Will this also fix the non playing theme issue?

X-Packer compresses files as a ZLIB, which from my experience, crashes the game in regards to entrances.

Also, I thought I'd spoil you guys a little... It's nothing majorly big, however, I thought it was quite interesting.

• Like 3

I feel like it'll come along soon... In the video, you can see some VERY short model changes...

In the meantime, could someone please lend me the original motion file (not the pac)?

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 1