new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2017.08.26: Version 2017.0.3.5 Beta
+ General: Changed the way Scrollbars are generated.
+ Team Info Editor: Added Scrollbars to Team Info Editor.
+ Tweaked some GUI sections to make adapting the GUI for future games easier.
+ Tools: Changed Anatomizer Buttons to ReShape Buttons.
+ Tools: Changed Shader Mutator Buttons to PacTool Buttons.

PS.: If you've missed my previous post about it and are using Windows DPI scaling, also check out this link to get Data Editor to scale properly.

• Thanks 1

Hi,  I used your fix for The Club trio entrance, and replaced "Chinese Patriot" with Bullet Club theme, and it works, except victory music, which for some odd reason it still plays Omen in the Sky.  Is there a hex solution to fix it?  

Also another thing I noticed, Magic  Killer isn't listed in the Tag Finishers.  Regarding the latter is it possible for you to include it in the data editor?

Edited by inversion
added some stuff

4 hours ago, inversion said:

Hi,  I used your fix for The Club trio entrance, and replaced "Chinese Patriot" with Bullet Club theme, and it works, except victory music, which for some odd reason it still plays Omen in the Sky.  Is there a hex solution to fix it?  

Also another thing I noticed, Magic  Killer isn't listed in the Tag Finishers.  Regarding the latter is it possible for you to include it in the data editor?

Hm, it should work, unless it is hard-coded into the animation. I assume you've set "Chinese Patriot" as victory music for the Duo/Trio as well.

If you get me the ID of the move, I can. It's possible that some of the newer moves are still missing from the list @EL_G created for the tool.

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

If you get me the ID of the move, I can. It's possible that some of the newer moves are still missing from the list @EL_G created for the tool.

The AllMovesID in the latest update doesn't seem to be the latest one anymore. Please make sure this is the one that's in the Data Folder.

https://mega.nz/#!A4Bl2I7Y!gpXQMBKGWNy4UlHbYXIZxfHyLof_CQeBGRAMPM_P3jM

The one included is the one missing all DLC moves.

Edited by EL_G

28 minutes ago, EL_G said:

The AllMovesID in the latest update doesn't seem to be the latest one anymore. Please make sure this is the one that's in the Data Folder.

https://mega.nz/#!A4Bl2I7Y!gpXQMBKGWNy4UlHbYXIZxfHyLof_CQeBGRAMPM_P3jM

The one included is the one missing all DLC moves.

Thanks for the catch. I must have somehow gone with the older file when merging the files for the latest release. Sorry for the invoncenience. I hope this was the only problem with this release.

I've re-uploaded the fixed archive, so if you download the latest version of the Data Editor now you will have the new version of the file. If you have downloaded it previously, you can download the data file @EL_G posted above and replace the faulty version or re-download the Data Editor which now properly includes it.

@inversion

• Too Sweet 1

15 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Hm, it should work, unless it is hard-coded into the animation. I assume you've set "Chinese Patriot" as victory music for the Duo/Trio as well.

For trio yes.   I only used Chinese Patriot for Trio entrance and victory music.   I'll check setting Chinese Patriot to both Duo and Trio under the victory music and see if it will work as I have intended.

13 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Thanks for the catch. I must have somehow gone with the older file when merging the files for the latest release. Sorry for the invoncenience. I hope this was the only problem with this release.

I've re-uploaded the fixed archive, so if you download the latest version of the Data Editor now you will have the new version of the file. If you have downloaded it previously, you can download the data file @EL_G posted above and replace the faulty version or re-download the Data Editor which now properly includes it.

@inversion

Oh cool gonna check it out now. 

Edited by inversion
context

How do the many slots for mods work exactly? For example, I have a Drew Galloway mod whose pac file is 71902. I know the last two numbers indicate it's the ring attire, the other file ending with 04 for the entrance, and 719 means it ends in the 719 slot (which is pacplus only)? Am I getting this right? If I rename the files accordingly (eg 49702 and 49704) would that install the wrestler in the 497 slot, which is empty meaning I wouldn't need pacplus?

EDIT also one thing I haven't seen mentioned comapred to 2k16 is the edited string file to display more wrestlers. Did I gloriously miss that somehow or is the string file installed through other means this year?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by cloudropis

17 hours ago, cloudropis said:

How do the many slots for mods work exactly? For example, I have a Drew Galloway mod whose pac file is 71902. I know the last two numbers indicate it's the ring attire, the other file ending with 04 for the entrance, and 719 means it ends in the 719 slot (which is pacplus only)? Am I getting this right? If I rename the files accordingly (eg 49702 and 49704) would that install the wrestler in the 497 slot, which is empty meaning I wouldn't need pacplus?

EDIT also one thing I haven't seen mentioned comapred to 2k16 is the edited string file to display more wrestlers. Did I gloriously miss that somehow or is the string file installed through other means this year?

Thanks in advance!

You would also have to open the files in hex, search for "emd" in decimal search, and rename the emd values inside accordingly as well.

7 hours ago, LordJustice17 said:

You would also have to open the files in hex, search for "emd" in decimal search, and rename the emd values inside accordingly as well.

How many of these emd values are there to change? Just one?

So I was right with 719 indicating it takes the 719 pacplus only slot?

How do you find out what CAWs use what CAW slots. Because its not like WWE 2K16 where each CAW was assigned a number in the CAW list. How can I find out what CAWS are being used in Data Editor?

On ‎07‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 12:45 AM, Alexa Blissed Off said:

How do you find out what CAWs use what CAW slots. Because its not like WWE 2K16 where each CAW was assigned a number in the CAW list. How can I find out what CAWS are being used in Data Editor?

Sadly, it's hard to tell, since the game re-orders them by alphabet, unlike it's predecessors where they would show the actual slot order.
The best way is to remember the order you saved them in. 0 is CAW slot 1, 1 is CAW slot 2, etc.. Then again, if you haven't kept track that method is of no use.
What you can do is start the game, then start Cheat Engine, open the memory editor and search for one of the CAW names (ideally the first one you saved if you remember that). This will get you into the memory section where the CAWs are saved in order. Scroll to the beginning of that section (where the first CAW name is, take a sheet of paper or a digital document) and start noting them in order. When you download/create a new CAW, add them to the end of your list.

Update 1: If you don't want to use cheat engine, you could also just Export all the CAW .pofo and .moveset files you have from the game with Custom Character Tools and load them into the Data Editor one by one. Compare the moves or values of your CAWs to see which .pofo/.moveset belongs to which CAW. This will tell you the ID in the WrestlerID field.

Update 2: I forgot that the easiest thing would actually be to use WWE 2k17+' Match Editor. With that you can select the CAW(s) you want to identify in the game for your match and then load the Match Editor to read their IDs.

On ‎07‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 11:56 AM, Cave Waverider said:

Sadly, it's hard to tell, since the game re-orders them by alphabet, unlike it's predecessors where they would show the actual slot order.
The best way is to remember the order you saved them in. 0 is CAW slot 1, 1 is CAW slot 2, etc.. Then again, if you haven't kept track that method is of no use.
What you can do is start the game, then start Cheat Engine, open the memory editor and search for one of the CAW names (ideally the first one you saved if you remember that). This will get you into the memory section where the CAWs are saved in order. Scroll to the beginning of that section (where the first CAW name is, take a sheet of paper or a digital document) and start noting them in order. When you download/create a new CAW, add them to the end of your list.

Update 1: If you don't want to use cheat engine, you could also just Export all the CAW .pofo and .moveset files you have from the game with Custom Character Tools and load them into the Data Editor one by one. Compare the moves or values of your CAWs to see which .pofo/.moveset belongs to which CAW. This will tell you the ID in the WrestlerID field.

Update 2: I forgot that the easiest thing would actually be to use WWE 2k17+' Match Editor. With that you can select the CAW(s) you want to identify in the game for your match and then load the Match Editor to read their IDs.

Ah, tricky indeed. I guess I will go through the CAWs one by one then. I also had another question about modded superstars and adding alternate attires to them. I wanted TJ Perkins to have two attires but WWE 2K17+ can't add the attire alone, it just renames the pac files. He said that your tool can add alternate attires, but I don't know how to do it. I think it has something to do with your Universal Alternate Attire Unlock tool.

1 hour ago, Alexa Blissed Off said:

Ah, tricky indeed. I guess I will go through the CAWs one by one then. I also had another question about modded superstars and adding alternate attires to them. I wanted TJ Perkins to have two attires but WWE 2K17+ can't add the attire alone, it just renames the pac files. He said that your tool can add alternate attires, but I don't know how to do it. I think it has something to do with your Universal Alternate Attire Unlock tool.

There is a Tutorial on it in the Data Editor Tutorials post, look for "Unlocking Alternate Attires via the Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI:".

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anybody edit an official dlc wrestler? I mean i have edited big show99 pofo to change his name to giant and change him to non-dlc menu then i have injected the new pofo into his slot but still is appearing in dlc menu and with his original name.

i don’t have that problem editing non dlc wrestlers.

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 is now available for download in the top post as well as via the "Check for Data Editor Updates" button in the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 Settings section or the included Update.exe file.

Update Notes:

2017.12.31: Version 2017.0.3.5.1 Beta "Red Edition"
+ General: Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now compatible with Java 9.
+ General: The minimum Java version required is now JRE 1.8.0 (aka Java 8) x64 Bit.
+ General: Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE) 8u152 Windows x64 bit now comes bundled with the tool. This means that it should no longer be required to install Java separately.
While this sadly increases the download size by a lot, it should prevent the issues users were having with installing a compatible version of Java and launching Data Editor.
+ General: Changed the Default Color Theme to Red for this special, post-EOL "Red Edition" compatibility update. You can change this in the Tools tab under Data Editor Settings->Change Data Editor Color theme. The Splash Screen is now also Red for the same reason.

This is a special edition compatibility update to ensure Data Editor for WWE 2k17 will still run with the latest Java and Windows versions for the forseeable future.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi is this still supported? Every time I import a pofo with Custom Character Tools after editing with Data Editor, it says "WWE 2K17 is not running", but I have it opened and in menu screen. I'm running 1.06

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 8:47 PM, The Phapper said:

Hi is this still supported? Every time I import a pofo with Custom Character Tools after editing with Data Editor, it says "WWE 2K17 is not running", but I have it opened and in menu screen. I'm running 1.06

That's a CCT issue. You'll have to ask in the CCT thread. I assume you might be able to solve it by updating the game and CCT to the latest version, though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

That's a CCT issue. You'll have to ask in the CCT thread. I assume you might be able to solve it by updating the game and CCT to the latest version, though.

Im still playing WWE217 , data editor & CCT  working superb...!

• Thanks 1