trying to replace wrestlers in 2k17

zhigge

has anyone been successful in doing this for the 360? I tried the method from last year updating the arc but for some reason i still get errors.

Open the pac file,

injected the file into dummy pac from 14

found the size and offset values listed via xpacker17.

Then found these values inside the arc file.

replace the values

load and the game crashes.

Edited by zhigge

• 3 weeks later...

I have this working now on PS3, with intros :) swapped Rock out with William Regal as a test and it worked a charm. I'm working on a guide, plus I want to run further tests.

On 3/8/2017 at 2:39 AM, UndertakerWLF said:

not at all, basically there is a def file in the GAME folder that needs adjusting as well, I will release more info in the next few days.

Huh. Definitely interested in hearing about this. Haven't gotten around to doing much with 2K17 just yet, but I'm close. Noticed in 2K16, though, that replacing any PACHs of entrance attires caused the game to crash even if the arcs were updated and you everything right. Never did understand why--drove me up a wall. Looking through the files of both the 360 and PS3 versions, I'm only seeing the same two standard def files as there's always been, but if this issue carried on into 2K17 and you have the solution, I am all ears.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 1:54 PM, UndertakerWLF said:

I have this working now on PS3, with intros :) swapped Rock out with William Regal as a test and it worked a charm. I'm working on a guide, plus I want to run further tests.

On 3/8/2017 at 2:39 AM, UndertakerWLF said:

not at all, basically there is a def file in the GAME folder that needs adjusting as well, I will release more info in the next few days.

Any possible updates on this, @UndertakerWLF?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 3:47 PM, zhigge said:

not yet.. i hope something breaks. i cant believe 2k would have went out of their way to screw the old gen, but allow modding on the pc..

Yeah, it sucks. Not seeing anything close to another def file, like UndertakerWLF was mentioning, beyond the typical two with the arc files in either the 360 or PS3 version's files either.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@OverTheEdge and @UndertakerWLF

On 3/3/2017 at 1:54 PM, UndertakerWLF said:

taker did you get to finish your guide on this?