Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

I appreciate the help visitor X.  I downloaded the song from ITunes and it was in a different format.  I had to convert that to MP3 before it showed up in the sound editor, and now Goth2 has been replaced by Again- Alice in Chains!  Thanks!

• Like 1

Does your replaced Goth 2 work without a crash??? Interesting... !?

@RareHunterOlo It seems to be an issue with the .wem file and not with the theme. If I try to replace another one like Goldberg's the game crashes, too. But every other file works fine! Where did you get your wem file?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

@RareHunterOlo It seems to be an issue with the .wem file and not with the theme. If I try to replace another one like Goldberg's the game crashes, too. But every other file works fine! Where did you get your wem file?

I converted it in Wwise with Vorbis Quality High in Source Settings in Project Settings.

Also ,i converted from wav to wem.

1 minute ago, RareHunterOlo said:

I converted it in Wwise with Vorbis Quality High in Source Settings in Project Settings.

Also ,i converted from wav to wem.

Maybe the game has some issues with the Wwise settings used? So it is not a problem with SE. Could you try to convert it with the sound converter shipped with SE?

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

Maybe the game has some issues with the Wwise settings used? So it is not a problem with SE. Could you try to convert it with the sound converter shipped with SE?

I just did ,but no sound comes out when i put it on a superstar now.

But doesn't crash!

1 hour ago, JagdReaper said:

i really look forward to this tool every year and i usually have no issues, but this year i can't even get the installer to work. When i click it, it freezes my explorer and i have to restart it from the taskmanger. i thought it might have been my anti virus (ESET) so i tried turning it off and redownloading the setup but it still does the samething.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also i'm using the Windows 10 14986 insider preview build, could that be causing the issue?

Here it is:

http://adf.ly/1jhkT4

2 minutes ago, RareHunterOlo said:

I just did ,but no sound comes out when i put it on a superstar now.

But doesn't crash!

Can you upload the wav file please? :( What settings have you used in the converter?

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

You're absolutely right! I definitely need to find a better way to play the sound.

I do have the old tool (of last year) and the game is installed ready for me to file hunt...But I don't understand how I can export sound with it, should be easy, I must be blind/too tired from all the paperwork...If you could guide me that'd be great (I know I'm asking a lot. and I'm very very greatful for what you do )

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

Jep, it is in the same thread and in the same post :D.

Alright, going there now...file hunting for 2K16 will be DAMN cool, even though it'll take forever...the possibilities...

@PickleTennis Which error did you get? Do you have admin rights with your Windows account?

28 minutes ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

Swapped some songs and it crashed. Used some left over wem files from last year. No harm done on my end, just used steam to replace the missing files. 

That's odd :/. Seems like the game has some problems this year with several wem files, especially with files converted in Wwise directly. I'm not sure why but I don't think that it is an issue with SE.

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yea.  I threw goth 2 with the Alice in Chains import on my CAW and it worked.  A little low on volume but otherwise, worked fine and played the match.  No crash!

2 minutes ago, Alex47 said:

Yea.  I threw goth 2 with the Alice in Chains import on my CAW and it worked.  A little low on volume but otherwise, worked fine and played the match.  No crash!

SE's sound converter now uses mp3gain. So if you have an mp3 file, move the volume slider to the right (left is 89db, right is 105db) and select "Apply track gain" and it should be a lot better.

Can you show me a screenshot from your path settings in SE? Which Wwise version do you use? Did you get a dialog message telling you that you have to install Wwise on the first start?

Edited by TheVisitorX

3 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Can you show me a screenshot from your path settings in SE? Which Wwise version do you use? Did you get a dialog message telling you that you have to install Wwise on the first start?

Screenshot of location

I use Wwise version 2014.1.6

I got the dialog message and I installed it so I should have the right Wwise version.

I've only been able to test for about 20 mins as I just got in from work BUT so far all conversions I made for 2k16 with the Wem converter that was bundled into the Injector last year all work perfectly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PickleTennis said:

Screenshot of location

I use Wwise version 2014.1.6

I got the dialog message and I installed it so I should have the right Wwise version.

Is that path also correctly set/visible in the settings (Settings - Settings - Wwise bin directory) textbox? Could you do me a favor and do more testing if I send you a special debug release of SE? I need more details why the conversion is not happening correctly.

Edited by TheVisitorX