Is it possible to swap WWE 2K14 arenas with WWE '13 ones?

Impaler

hi guys, I do not need any custom arenas. Stock ones from WWE '13 will do fine for me.

But is it possible to replace arenas in WWE 2k14 with some arenas from WWE '13 (like classic smackdown, raw and few others) instead of old wrestlemania arenas?

is file replacement enough? are these arenas even compatible at all between '13 and 2k14?

any info would be much appreciated in aiding me in this process of swaping some WM arenas of 2k14 with ones from '13's attitude era.

I got CFW ps3 btw.

Yes they are compatible, you just need to edit the plist.arc to match the size of the arena you are replacing, I cant give you exact step by step instructions coz Ive never modded PS3 but the info is here in the forum.

• Like 1

most of the times I manage to find things in the forums, but this time I dont, I searched and checked and did not stumble upon anything useful. can anybody point me in the right direction? :)

Get the arena you want, open it in an hexeditor, look for STG. normally in offset it´s 800. Change the number for the arena you are replacing. Save it.

Open the arc in an hexeditor. In the beggining you´ll see the STG info for each arena. look at the end of each STG and you´ll see two pairs of numbers and two pairs of F´s. Example:. 23 76 FF FF. Change the numbers with the arena numbers you want.
Save it.

Done.

• Too Sweet 1

Also with the ps3 each arena has 2 files that are compatible to each arena it'll be like bg03 & bg103 or bg22 & bg122. You have to swap both out and edit both in the arc otherwise you'll have your swapped arena for 1 on 1 matches & the original 2k14 arena for tag matches. The last thing you want when you select your tag match to be in the Monday Nitro Arena and the NXT arena pops up instead.

Edited by rj10018576
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

okay cool, I'm revising this topic now and umm, for example I'm playing WWE 2k14 PS3. And from which WWE games these arenas are compatible with 2k14 version?

2K-17/16/15/13 all are compatible with 2k14??

I believe WWE13 through 2K16 arenas are very easily swapped with 2K14. WWE12 Arenas work, but I think you have to make some adjustments to other parts of the game to get titantrons to work properly. 2K17 arena parts work, but the file structure is different so you have to extract all of the files from the BG and rebuild a new pac file. I also think there are some issues with 2k17 crowds not working in 2K14.

Hopefully someone else can give you better directions, but don't hold your breath. Most of us who worked on Legends have decided to hang-it up.

On 12/1/2016 at 4:50 PM, Mathayus said:

Get the arena you want, open it in an hexeditor, look for STG. normally in offset it´s 800. Change the number for the arena you are replacing. Save it.

Open the arc in an hexeditor. In the beggining you´ll see the STG info for each arena. look at the end of each STG and you´ll see two pairs of numbers and two pairs of F´s. Example:. 23 76 FF FF. Change the numbers with the arena numbers you want.
Save it.

Done.

thats all I needed to know. 13-16 is more than enough for my taste. :) I'm not gonna go into more complex things from 12 or 17.

can you give me more noob friendly pointers where I could read about this process more in depth? I mean I dont even know where do I find an arena I want, there should be a file list or something for each game? thank you for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2016 at 4:50 PM, Mathayus said:

Save it.

Done.

Can somebody clarify this place here? "Change the numbers with the arena numbers you want." What numbers, where which are the numbers I should be inputting here?

@stlpowercat @N'Jadaka @Red Rooster

Edited by Impaler

2e3ddtc.jpg

^^ this pic is what the arc file looks like in Hex, the highlighted section is the size value for bg00.pac

wat0zq.jpg

^^ this pic is what bg00 looks like in hex, the highlighted section is the size value for bg00. N.B. the values are reversed in the bg and in the arc.

The 0000 to the right of STG is the part that tells the game which arena it is.  If you wanted to swap bg00 with say for example bg12 then you would change the 0000 to 0012 and change the size value in the arc to match the size of the new arena, in this case 8F40.

Thanks for trying to help me out, I just spent 4 hours and I still could not get it right though I think I was doing what is required. I will explain what I did and somebody please point out where I'm screwing up, please :)

Okay so I downloaded this arena pack from here:

I decided to add (3) Raw Is War '98-'99 arena. and I wanted to replace WM4 arena.

WM4 arena is number 31 in BG PAC list (according to this

so I load up RAW is WAR 99 arena to WinHex and do this:

243ab00fc1eae631a7b69c30304ed532617.png

Then I also save a version of the same arena with number being 0131. and naming them bg31.pac and bg131.pac.

Then I see at offset 810 that the size of the arena is 20 7B. Copy that.

I open up then a plistPS3.arc and plistPS3_4x3.arc and do the following edits

46f3b32eeb7004166ae85ad7fb88d539194.pngs

and finally I copy files over replacing original ones in:

arenas

hdd0/GAMES/BLES01937/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/pac/bg
hdd0/GAME/BLES01937/USRDIR/pac/bg

and

arc files

hdd0/GAMES/BLES01937/PS3_GAME/USRDIR
hdd0/GAME/BLES01937/USRDIR

and I get a gamer files corrupted message at the start of the game.

where am I messing up? :(

9 hours ago, Impaler said:

Thanks for trying to help me out, I just spent 4 hours and I still could not get it right though I think I was doing what is required. I will explain what I did and somebody please point out where I'm screwing up, please :)

Okay so I downloaded this arena pack from here:

I decided to add (3) Raw Is War '98-'99 arena. and I wanted to replace WM4 arena.

WM4 arena is number 31 in BG PAC list (according to this

so I load up RAW is WAR 99 arena to WinHex and do this:

243ab00fc1eae631a7b69c30304ed532617.png

Then I also save a version of the same arena with number being 0131. and naming them bg31.pac and bg131.pac.

Then I see at offset 810 that the size of the arena is 20 7B. Copy that.

I open up then a plistPS3.arc and plistPS3_4x3.arc and do the following edits

46f3b32eeb7004166ae85ad7fb88d539194.pngs

and finally I copy files over replacing original ones in:

arenas

hdd0/GAMES/BLES01937/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/pac/bg
hdd0/GAME/BLES01937/USRDIR/pac/bg

and

arc files

hdd0/GAMES/BLES01937/PS3_GAME/USRDIR
hdd0/GAME/BLES01937/USRDIR

and I get a gamer files corrupted message at the start of the game.

where am I messing up? :(

You're doing a couple of things wrong 

First and foremost search the hdd0/GAME/BLES01937/USRDIR folder and make sure you've deleted the f.dat file(no mods work with that file present).

You only want to replace the arc files in the hdd0/GAME/BLES01937/ folder. Leave the arc files in the GAMES folder untouched.

Also, you only want to put the modded arenas(&/or modded wrestlers) in the hdd0/GAMES/BLES01937/PS3_GAME/USRDIR folders. Leave the pac files in the GAME folder untouched(unless you wanna work with dlc which is a whole different monster).

Also when you replace a wrestler or modded arena you have to change the name of the pac file and update that changed name in the def files in the "game" 2k14 folders. So for example you want to replace HBK with a mod, his pac is ch145.pac, rename the modded pac file to 145.pac, then open up the def file and where it reads ch145.pac rename that to 145.pac. same goes for arenas bg10.pac rename it to 10.pac and update in the def files accordingly.

Edited by N'Jadaka
  • Too Sweet 1

@N'Jadaka thank you very much! It worked! Once I got the hang of it all became easy. :)

After spending whole day stuffing my favorite arenas from wwe 13, 15 and 16 I naturally bump into question how should I further my modding by adding corresponding video splashes, versus screen renders, arena select icons and other graphics related to those replacement arenas? Also I noticed some trons not working. Like the one from smackdown 99 from wwe 13. How are these things fixed?

Any and all comments and advices are very very welcome :)

I never got too deep into arena replacing because the majority of arenas I've replaced didn't need titantron replacements etc. There are turorials for arenas in this forum and ther is a dude by the name of @Red Rooster who really knows the ins an outa of such, but be careful if you ask him too many questions he may get annoyed declare you entitled and knife you in the back.

Regardless now that you know the basic principles of the differences of the game folder vs the games folder keep modding accordingly. Theres only the difference between the dlc left for you to figure out then you would have the ps3 version cracked essentially.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, N'Jadaka said:

I never got too deep into arena replacing because the majority of arenas I've replaced didn't need titantron replacements etc. There are turorials for arenas in this forum and ther is a dude by the name of @Red Rooster who really knows the ins an outa of such, but be careful if you ask him too many questions he may get annoyed declare you entitled and knife you in the back.

Regardless now that you know the basic principles of the differences of the game folder vs the games folder keep modding accordingly. Theres only the difference between the dlc left for you to figure out then you would have the ps3 version cracked essentially.

Jesus, someone's bitter

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

I made a video for someone without much context but it shows how to do hex edit stuff:

what was not shown in video was that you need to open DEF file (same where you add characters) and change the line of a replaced arena.

for example bg02.pac into 02.pac

also you can only replace arenas with entrance ramps to those which have a ramp too and those which don't to those which don't.

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2018 at 12:16 PM, Impaler said:

@N'Jadaka thank you very much! It worked! Once I got the hang of it all became easy. :)

After spending whole day stuffing my favorite arenas from wwe 13, 15 and 16 I naturally bump into question how should I further my modding by adding corresponding video splashes, versus screen renders, arena select icons and other graphics related to those replacement arenas? Also I noticed some trons not working. Like the one from smackdown 99 from wwe 13. How are these things fixed?

Any and all comments and advices are very very welcome :)

Where you get the values for wwe 13 and 15/16 arenas? In the forum only post the 2k14 values

On 6/20/2021 at 3:32 AM, Impaler said:

Try with this. Plus search topics with something like "2k15 bg pac list" etc.

Well i succesfully install WCW hotavios Arena and RAW is WAR 97 from WWE 13, but RAW shows arenatron in titantron place, how fix that? And i try add ECW November 2 Remember from 2k16 but when i open plsit360.arc file from 2k16 to see arena size shows very much different from plist360.arc from wwe 2k14(that its the way i use to see the size and values from other games arenas like wwe 13)