X-Packer 2017 / X-Rey 2.7 released

tekken57

Quick update, I've finished coding an update to the decompress all function function in X-Packer and will be sending out an email soon. Just need to complete more testing.

With regards to the animations in 2k18 models, I've taken a look and its not a simple matter of replacing verts for specific facial features like I suspected. However with the Kurt Angle mod I created, I just injected the changes to Object0 into slot one of the animations and the game loaded the changes and the animations without issue. Let me know if this method works for you guys as well.

I've moved onto coding a Unity project, so it may be a while before I can look into the 2k18 animations, if at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

X-Packer 2017.7 has been released and emailed to all you who have donated.

Updated functionality in X-Packer 2017.6

- Recoded the zlib extraction code to support 2k18 pac files

- Recoded the directory browsing functions to the newer Vista / Windows 7 style

This is the final update to X-Rey and X-Packer. I will not be doing further development for X-Packer and X-Rey for 2k18. I will be ending user support for both these applications on 11 October 2017. If you have any issues with either application, you are still welcome to email me.

I would like to take the time to thank each and everyone of you for your support over the years. I have really enjoyed seeing and using the mods which were created with my tools. Coding X-Packer has been a really fulfilling and joyful experience for me over the past 9 years.

Take care and best wishes to all of you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• 5 weeks later...

I coded a bit more functionality into X-Rey to make bulk extraction and importing of objects a bit easier. Also figured out how the materials work, so full texture previews for pc models will be in the next release (png, jpg or bmp format textures).

I'm quite sick with the flu at the moment, so I hope to be able to do a release next week sometime before going away on holiday:

A quick preview of what's to come:

x-rey_2.6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

I coded a bit more functionality into X-Rey to make bulk extraction and importing of objects a bit easier. Also figured out how the materials work, so full texture previews for pc models will be in the next release (png, jpg or bmp format textures).

I'm quite sick with the flu at the moment, so I hope to be able to do a release next week sometime before going away on holiday:

Great news!  Good to see an update you, my friend!  Hope you get well soon!

Thanks guys. I still want to code functionality to edit the material names now that textured previews are possible. 

Hopefully I'll be well enough to sit in front of a pc to code this by Monday. 

Thereafter I will email the update out as a free update to those who have x-Rey v2 upwards. 

Felt a bit better today and finished coding the functionality for editing materials into X-Rey. X-rey 2.6 has been emailed to everyone with X-Rey v2 upwards. Have an awesome festive season and prosperous new year everyone.

New features in 2.6:

- Added the functionality to edit materials.

- Full textured preview of models in the viewport. Your textures must be in .png, .jpg or .bmp format in the same directory as your model for it to be displayed.

- Bulk exporting and importing of objects. For the bulk import, only the objects to be imported must reside in a separate directory. Any other objects will cause the script to fail. Your objects must be named accordingly e.g object0, etc.

- Recoded the directory browsing functionality to the new vista style

• Too Sweet 2

On 12/16/2017 at 11:36 PM, zhigge said:

has anyone taken a look at the pacs for the switch to see if and i mean if there is a chance they are compatible with say the 360 or ps3?

Post one of the pacs and I'll take a look.

Something else I've been working on which was requested by @bravebird31 and @AlcLegacy some time ago:

https://image.ibb.co/dmpczm/uv_2k18.jpg

uv_2k18.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haitch 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1

On 16.12.2017 at 10:36 PM, zhigge said:

has anyone taken a look at the pacs for the switch to see if and i mean if there is a chance they are compatible with say the 360 or ps3?

How, there is no WWE2k18 NSW Dump. if someone had the IStorage then that would be no problem

9 hours ago, tekken57 said:

Post one of the pacs and I'll take a look.

Something else I've been working on which was requested by @bravebird31 and @AlcLegacy some time ago:

https://image.ibb.co/dmpczm/uv_2k18.jpg

Have you fixed the export of 2k17/2k18 hair UVs?!  If so, this is simply amazing!!!

6 hours ago, ItzTheRampage said:

How, there is no WWE2k18 NSW Dump. if someone had the IStorage then that would be no problem

Btw WWE2K15 (CUSA00781) for ps4 got dumped by OhcHIT. I wonder if the ch pac files are equal to pc. 

4 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Have you fixed the export of 2k17/2k18 hair UVs?!  If so, this is simply amazing!!!

2 hours ago, AlcLegacy said:

I love you.

I needed to figure out the uv's as I was porting my Steiner mod to a 2k18 model. I seemed to have figured out how the uv's work for hair models. Will take some time to code though as I need to figure out a way to code the changes without breaking compatibility with older models. 

I'm leaving on holiday tomorrow, will code the changes when I get back.

Managed to edit the uv's for the goatee via hex and it worked in game as expected:

20171221121129_1.jpg

1 hour ago, kim666 said:

Btw WWE2K15 (CUSA00781) for ps4 got dumped by OhcHIT. I wonder if the ch pac files are equal to pc. 

I've seen that, my ps4 is on too high a firmware to take a dump of my game. If anyone has the pac files from the ps version, send it to me and I'll take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2017 at 12:17 AM, hovathagod32 said:

290sp35.png

Is there a way to reset the view finder? When I was messing around with CAW stuff it ruined the layout of everything that I try to open in X-Rey

I've never seen this before, have you managed to resolve the issue?

On 1/7/2018 at 1:39 PM, ajspeed07 said:

Hey, I was wondering if these tools are still available to purchase? there are no download links.

Thanks

Andrew 

On 1/7/2018 at 6:55 PM, mamamax1980 said:

Where is the download link!

I've stopped coding updates for X-Packer since WWE 2k17. I will be coding another update for X-Rey soon which will probably be the final update as well. If you still want to obtian the tools despite this, you can donate to sf4mods@gmail.com via paypal. It is $14 for X-Packer and $13 for X-Rey.

• Too Sweet 1

10 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

I haven't. It's still rotated like that for everything I open

Have you tried reinstalling x-Rey, maybe the configuration got corrupted when you were trying to create your own yobj files

2 hours ago, tekken57 said:

Have you tried reinstalling x-Rey, maybe the configuration got corrupted when you were trying to create your own yobj files

yeah, i have. is there any data stored anywhere else? i ran the previous version of xrey and it doesn't have this problem

@tekken57 Do you have any idea if it would be possible to update your maxscripts to mass import all YOBJs in a directory? I'd love to start using a newer 3DSMax, but I'm still stuck on 2011 because the mass import functionality of BrienJ's plugin is a must have for arena modders.