WCW/nWo 97-2001 Arena Thread - *New* Starrcade '97 & Thunder Arenas Uploaded

hovathagod32

Any chance on this Thunder version??

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=QPjaqChU5I4

It'll probably come later if I do it. @LordJustice17 did a really good version of it for the PC Mods:

15_zpsdhjvf8tk.png

I haven't really looked a lot of references of it with the exception of the ring because a lot of my Thunder footage is VHS rips lol.. I do want to make an attempt at it to see how it comes out when I finish the PPVs tho

WWE should put in the Network the Thunder shows, i´ts taking so long... xD

Thanks for these arenas! Are you doing any of the Road Wild events in daylight? 

I've been doing them based off Sting matches lol.. I think I did nighttime for 97 based off the Luger/Hogan match.. 98 was the evening with the battle royal. 99 will likely be day time. I really like how the ringside area looks during day time. I tried day time with Road Wild 97 on XB1 and it looked really good.

Any chance on this Thunder version??

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=QPjaqChU5I4

It'll probably come later if I do it. @LordJustice17 did a really good version of it for the PC Mods:

15_zpsdhjvf8tk.png

I haven't really looked a lot of references of it with the exception of the ring because a lot of my Thunder footage is VHS rips lol.. I do want to make an attempt at it to see how it comes out when I finish the PPVs tho

WWE should put in the Network the Thunder shows, i´ts taking so long... xD

definitely.. It'd help me get lighting colors a bit more accurate. Lights are going to be a pain in the ass with the 2000-2001 stages if I can get details as close to the real thing as possible.. I kinda started the set up, but I have to figure out how to texture the curtain overlay. Don't really feel like working on that right now LOL, so I'm working on Bash at the Beach 99. 

Hows nitro coming along bud?

Nitro is done, I just have to wait for slots on the PS4 side. I uploaded it on XB1. I went with the purple lighting because I noticed that nWo and Hogan were the ones that mainly came out to the blue ones, unless there was a Nitro girls segment before a match. So I'll do blue with nWo Nitro, and an all deep purple set if I do 1997. 97 would definitely be after all PPVs are finished because the only real change is just the banners and coloring.... Maybe yellow turnbuckles but not really.

Screenshot-Original_zpsf3ednkly.png

By the way, the Nitro logo is amazing dude. hope you do more like that for the PPVs. It would be great for my Universe mode.

Do the logos come off small in the show selection/vs menu or during the matchup/entrances ? 

I'm going to try some more like Nitro 99-2001, Thunder, the major PPVs. I was messing around with GAB 99-2000 logo because I was playing with the idea of rendering the stage instead of doing PS work. Things that have basic shapes are easy because of how I drew the layers in photoshop, but GAB was very difficult because of the WCW logo and stars in the box. It looked a complete mess lol. The shapes come out good, but when you have to add art files instead of just coloring it doesn't work well at all. So I'll just go through and see what doesn't have overlapping line work, and crank those out. 

Thanks for these arenas! Are you doing any of the Road Wild events in daylight? 

I've been doing them based off Sting matches lol.. I think I did nighttime for 97 based off the Luger/Hogan match.. 98 was the evening with the battle royal. 99 will likely be day time. I really like how the ringside area looks during day time. I tried day time with Road Wild 97 on XB1 and it looked really good. 

Awesome! I didn't realize you were doing them based on Sting's matches. And yeah, I really love the daylight effect. Most of the arenas look awesome with it and I always liked the feel of outdoor venues in real life. 

I don't know if you'd be interested in customizing your Nitro show arenas for people's universes, but if you do decide to however, here are the logos you'd need.

http://imgur.com/a/XWVMu

edit:

http://imgur.com/a/hgfIX Here's the silver logos if they're needed.

That's pretty cool for the people that want to do that. It'll definitely come in handy.

Is thunder high on your list bud?

The original 98 stage? Not right now. I'm trying to finish 99 up then work on 2000-2001. So Thunder 2000-01 is, but not 99 or the original 98 version at the moment. I had an extra slot on my 1998 account due to putting off Havoc 98 until I level up, so I'll try to get Nitro up sometime today, though.

Great news bout nitro.I actually liked the layout of each thunder designs wcw did so im happy with whatever you put up mate. 

yeah I just have the regular version up.. Last year I had 2 different images for the stage for 98 & 99. This year I just used the one, so it kinda defeats the purpose right now to do 99. I did finish it. It'll come as I get more slots tho.

Edited by hovathagod32

Current WIP:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-22%20at%201.54.1

I'm trying to figure this out... Really don't want to 3d design the whole stage because the houses themselves were very time consuming to model, and there's soooooo much going on with Stampede 1997.. If I can get a good fence I could probably knock this out quicker, but I'm getting lazy lol. (Ignore the right side. That's just left over files from Stampede 99.)

Ref:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-12%20at%2011.42.

Current WIP:

I'm trying to figure this out... Really don't want to 3d design the whole stage because the houses themselves were very time consuming to model, and there's soooooo much going on with Stampede 1997.. If I can get a good fence I could probably knock this out quicker, but I'm getting lazy lol. (Ignore the right side. That's just left over files from Stampede 99.)

Ref:

looking good. this is 97 right? i have the ppv if you need any additional refs. just let me know. can't wait to see the finished product

Most, if not all these renders were stolen from 3Dwarehouse, and WWF No Mercy texture projects.

0 Credit given. POS

you half assed things that I made and nobody gave a damn

LOL! Made my day with that comment. Best of luck to you. =)

Current WIP:

Ref:

looking good. this is 97 right? i have the ppv if you need any additional refs. just let me know. can't wait to see the finished product

Yeah. 1997. If you have some stuff from the right side of the stage where the screen is, that'd help. From all that I've watched... They only show the tavern side during entrances. So I may wing it if that's the case, as long as I can fill all the blank spaces with props

Current WIP:

Ref:

Yeah. 1997. If you have some stuff from the right side of the stage where the screen is, that'd help. From all that I've watched... They only show the tavern side during entrances. So I may wing it if that's the case, as long as I can fill all the blank spaces with props

i'll check the DDP/Macho Match cause they were all over that arena i believe.

Do cutscenes work on custom arenas? I read somewhere they don't. But that would really kill the expirence of universe mode if that was true. 

You know, I have no clue. I haven't really messed with Universe mode yet. 

Do cutscenes work on custom arenas? I read somewhere they don't. But that would really kill the expirence of universe mode if that was true. 

You know, I have no clue. I haven't really messed with Universe mode yet. 

i can confirm they do

Not sure to understand.... do you import 3D models in the PS4 version of the games????

It looks like mods............

Noooo, I wish LOL. What I'm doing is designing 3d stages and turning them into images to place on titantrons to give off that illusion. It'd look better as a mod because I wouldn't need the titantron. I could just create a big enough object to fill the whole stage area. From what I know you can't really import your own 3d objects into PC so it def won't work on console. This project on console is just prep work for PC. When it finally releases, I really won't have to design anything. Just do all the misc edits and file injections.