Penguin

Weekly Wrestling Discussion (Spoilers) (with Bliss)

Penguin
1 hour ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

Btw, is there any story behind that "Duh duh duh...Sheamus and Cesaro" song they chanted, or it is a new thing ? They seem aware of it.

Same with most of the after Mania or British chants, popular songs with changed words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V6N4elMVX4

• Like 1

Gift Of Jericho
5 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Same with most of the after Mania or British chants, popular songs with changed words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V6N4elMVX4

Thanks, I know it is some random popular song with changed lyrics lol, I just don't know if this happened before, Cesaro and Sheamus seemed to adapt pretty quickly.

Edited by Gift Of Jericho

Penguin

I don't think it's happened before, but with a crowd of rowdy and drunk people from around the globe you always gotta be prepared.

Steenalizer

I'm guessing this was their way of writing Jericho off TV. :( 

DrJoeyMagnumRyan
43 minutes ago, Steenalizer said:

I'm guessing this was their way of writing Jericho off TV. :( 

False he's facing Jericho at Payback 

Steenalizer
Just now, DrJoeyMagnumRyan™ said:

False he's facing Jericho at Payback 

And then after that Jericho will be gone.

DrJoeyMagnumRyan

Probably although I was told the Fozzy tour (recording?) schedule was only 3 weeks long but also we wouldn't want Jericho to outstay his welcome 

Gift Of Jericho

We now have dorky Kurt Angle, maybe the Absence of Jericho won't be so bad. I will miss him though :'(

Penguin

I totally didn't forget about Smackdown.

wwe_smackdown_live_logo.jpg

* A phenomenal ascent

* The Viper reigns yet again

* The proposal seen ‘round the world

* Breaking news: Naomi battles Alexa Bliss tonight for the SmackDown Women’s Title

* More to come between The Lunatic Fringe and The Lone Wolf?

* Will any new talent emerge on Team Blue?

the King Lives

well for the next 22 or so weeks i guess i won't be watching much of SDLive since Prison Break is back and that takes priority.

HiPcavallo

I take it that's a show you can really relate to?

• Like 2

Steenalizer

This Randy Orton/Bray Wyatt feud makes no sense.

They had Randy Orton and Luke Harper team up, despite the fact Orton was the reason Harper left the Wyatt family. Surely it would have made more sense for him to rejoin the Wyatts and beat down Orton. 

Gift Of Jericho

The ending of the match was also pretty stupid. The light went off, I was expecting Harper to beat the shit out of Orton...

HiPcavallo

Honestly as far as I'm concerned they ruined it by having Orton win the title. I wasn't a fan of Wyatt having the title in the first place, largely because he's always been the guy that loses every feud, and despite being able to hang with the main event level talent has never been able to ascend to that level. But as long as he had the title a win against Orton to retain the world title at Wrestlemania could've been the one major win he needed to legitimise himself. And it's especially frustrating considering at this point in his career Orton really had nothing to gain from a win, yet Bray Wyatt and so much to lose in defeat. It doesn't help that the follow up sounds so incredibly stupid, but we all probably should've seen this coming.

• Like 1

Gift Of Jericho

Just hope Bray will win it back :'(

And are they trying to make Bray a reversed Taker or something, he is 0-3 at WM now.

Steenalizer

I honestly don't want Bray to win it anymore. I'd rather he left while he still can and work in the indies where he could fill the void that Broken Matt left.

HiPcavallo

Have to agree, I never wanted him to be champion in the first place. And now that he's had a horribly underwhelming transitional title reign, I have even less desire to see him become champion. To be honest I really feel like Wrestlemania was a make it or break it moment for Bray, and they broke him.

fufu ÷

I think they need to take him off the screen for a while, cause in his current form he's done. He's not a good heel, as he has no heel motivations and his promos are just nonsense.

If it was down to me, I'd have Eric Young debut with Sanity, then have Rowan turn on Wyatt to join Sanity. Let EY take out Bray with the help of Rowan, maybe bust out a piledriver so it actually has some impact, then have Wyatt on the shelf for 6 months. Over that time you can let Sanity ascend to the top of the card, have EY as the/a top heel on Smackdown and then have Bray return as a babyface once EY is established. That way you've got a top tier feud with good motivations and believable top guys, and you've given Bray a new side to his character that the fans can get behind - as he'll have an actual reason for what he does.

But that'll never happen.

Edited by fufu ÷
  • Like 1

Penguin

It could be my blinding allegiance to fufu, but I kinda like that idea. A face run is pretty much the only thing that can save Bray at this point.

Gift Of Jericho

The crowd is turning on Orton, let's take advantage of this and turn Bray face.

Simple but great segment from The Miz. Also kudos to the crowd for responding to him almost immediately.

DrJoeyMagnumRyan

The thing with Bray was he never needed the title, his character was strong enough not to need a title 

• Like 1

Steenalizer

They teased a face turn last year when he teamed up with Roman, but then he got injured and was back to being a heel. Makes you wonder what they had planned for him.

Gift Of Jericho

Probably losing to the League of Nations at Payback.

Steenalizer

Am I the only one who feels like Orton and Bray were better as a tag team than they are as rivals? I had zero interest in their feud the first time they tried it, even less interest now.

Penguin

I now have zero interest in the feud, that match was awful.