WWE 2k15 Jukebox Modding Unlocked!!!

Alexa Blissed Off

Originally posted on 2K Forums. Moderators did not post my thread for some reason. They are REALLY slow at putting up new posts! Also I cannot connect to 2k Forums anymore, I have to use a proxy to be able to connect. Does anyone else have similar issues when trying to connect to 2k Forums? Maybe they are doing maintenance on their site. Anyways after much editing and reformatting, here is my awesome post that never came to be on 2K Forums:

Unbelievable guys! I finally accomplished the impossible. I found out how to make custom music injected into WWE 2k15 Game_Sound_M.pck file to play! Early warning, this is going to be a big post! Maybe the biggest post on this site. Sorry Moderators, but it's necessary, this new find is important.

:yes

There are two ways to do this:

THE EASY WAY:

1. Download The Sound Injector 1.1 Final by TheVisitorX. You will be using the Sound Converter part of the tool, not the sound injector part. (Since you cannot inject music into soundtracks yet). But once this information is brought to light, we will be able to inject the themes!

Here is the thread for the sound injector: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1875696-WIP-Custom-Entrance-Sound-Replacer-Injector-Tool

The main link doesn't work however, you will have to download from here: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?2013286-Sound-Replacer-Song-Conversion-Requests

Just click the WWE 2k15 Sound Replacer link.

Also in order for the Sound Converter to work you must install Wwise version 2014.1.6 Build 5318 (Stable).

You can get it here from the official site here: https://www.audiokinetic.com/downloads/previous/?id=2014.1.6_5318

2. Install Wwise 2014.1.6 Build 5318 (Stable) and make sure the Authoring x64 and Authoring Data are checked and included in the installation or it won't work!!! Only this version can be used, don't try to use the new 2016 version of Wwise.

3. Also make sure you have the .NET framework 4 installed or it won't work either.

- Here is the web installer from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49981

- Or here is the standalone version, if you need to install on another computer that doesn't have internet: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982

4. Next you must pick which theme you want to add to the jukebox. Then you must convert that theme to a .wav file. It doesn't matter if it is a 16-bit or 32-bit float wave file. But I recommend 32-bit because it gives better quality. Either will work for our purposes.

- I personally use Audacity to convert sound files since it is easy to use and free. You can get Audacity here: http://www.audacityteam.org

- Once in Audacity click File, then import, then audio. Pick your theme and then click open. Or similarly just drag your theme over into the Audacity window and it will automatically import it.

- If you want to boost the audio directly from Audacity you can click Effect on the top toolbar, then Amplify. It will automatically amplify the audio to the safest limits. If it gets too loud it will distort the audio, so be careful. Sometimes it will not amplify the whole theme to your liking because there are loud pieces in the song that if amplified would cause distortions. To avoid this, just select which area you would like to amplify and click Effect, and then finally Amplify. I would not recommend checking the box called "Allow Clipping" because this disables Audacity's ability to amplify safely, THIS WILL CAUSE DISTORTION!!!

- It is better to amplify the audio here since it will not distort it. Then later you can boost the audio even more in the Sound converter tool if it is still not loud enough.

- Once you are all done editing your music, you can click File, then export audio. Make sure to select "WAV (Microsoft) 32-bit Float PCM" or WAV (Microsoft) Signed 16-bit PCM". Either one will work, but the 32-bit one gives better quality.

5. Close Audacity and then open up the Sound Injector Tool. To start out you want to make sure your settings are configured for your WWE 2k15 game directory and your Wwise 2014.1.6 directory. If the Sound Injector doesn't have those things, it won't work properly.

-Click settings and then settings. Find your game directory.

- It should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K15.

-Then find your Wwise bin directory, it should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise v2014.1.6 build 5318\Authoring\x64\Release\bin

-Once you setup these settings you should be ready to go! Next click the Tools tab and then Sound Converter. Find your theme and if necessary adjust the boost volume level. I recommend nothing higher than tick 6 which is right in the middle, unless you skipped amplifying the theme in Audacity. Anything over tick mark 6 is too loud and will distort your theme.

-Let it process the theme and it should tell you that converting was successful. It will create a .wem file of the selected theme and it should be in the same directory. Close Sound Converter and the Sound Injector Tool, we are done here.

-If you want extra help or are stuck on a step, here is a video tutorial by M.SabrY. Just skip to 2:07 in the video.

6. Next open HxD, a hexadecimal editor. You can get it for free here: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

-Drag and drop your newly created .wem file into HxD or click File and then Open and find your .wem file. At this step it would be wise to create a .txt file for every theme you are replacing. Here is my template that I use:

Spoiler

157137630 - [09 5D BA DE]: "This Means War" - Avenged Sevenfold To WWE PAIGE Stars in the night (Adam Massacre cover)

File Name: 09 5D BA DE
Flipped:   DE BA 5D 09

Length Of Paige Theme #1 = 6E 89 01
Flipped                  = 01 89 6E

New Offset: 34DE9000

Divided By 8 = 06 9B D2
Flipped      = D2 9B 06

-It is the same template and method that I followed in this video here by J9001: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66UCWPJcARI

-It is a very simple backbone for all of the work that we will be doing in HxD. The first line is a excerpt from a very helpful post that gave me inspiration for hunting down the key to unlocking the Jukebox for mods. For all of the Jukebox Soundtracks that you will be replacing, you will use these IDs so write them down!

Original post by zurlocke: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1835481-WWE-2K15-Soundtrack-Jukebox-Original-Sound-ID-Theme-Names

WWE 2K15 Soundtrack/Jukebox - Original Sound ID Theme Names

After delving into the Game_Sound_M.pck and modifying the wav files inside, I was able to find the track names associated with the soundtrack/jukebox IDs provided by Mathayus on the smacktalk forums. (Thank you good sir).

Original post for reference - http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/52572-wwe-2k15-music-list-wip/?p=688353

[ID's hexadecimal in brackets for simplicity's sake]

157137630 - [09 5D BA DE]: "This Means War" - Avenged Sevenfold
    214565818 - [0C CA 03 BA]: "Heart of a Warrior" - Dizzee Rascal ft. Teddy Sky
    485141140 - [1C EA AA 94]: "Free" - Rudimental ft. Emeli Sandé & Nas
    665344019 - [27 A8 58 13]: "Ghost" - Mystery Skulls
    675885513 - [28 49 31 C9]: "Come On Over" - Royal Blood
    746282953 - [2C 7B 5F C9]: "Workin'" - Big Smo ft. Alexander King
    813823777 - [30 81 F7 21]: "Zero Visibility" - Rise Against
    831038842 - [31 88 A5 7A]: "Ready" - B.o.B ft. Future
    915210575 - [36 8D 01 4F]: "This Is How We Roll" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Luke Bryan
    923622148 - [37 0D 5B 04]: "Wild Ones (WM XXVII v.)" - Flo Rida ft. Sia
    1005178114 - [3B E9 CD 02]: "Bonfire" - Knife Party
    1005655764 - [3B F1 16 D4]: "We Dem Boyz" - Wiz Khalifa

I'd imagine this information would be useful to put into alex226's sound id spreadsheet, as well.

-The second and third line of the template is basically just the Filename in hex, and flipped means the method of getting the id into a searchable format within the Game_Sound_M.pck file. If it is not flipped, you will not be able to search for the actual hex data for the themes.

-The forth and fifth line is what you actually will be creating from the .wem file you just opened in HxD. So first select all of the data in the HxD window by pressing CTRL + A. Down on the bottom of HxD's window, you will see Length: with a 8 digit Hexadecimal value. Copy this to your fourth line and separate every two bits so that it is easy to flip it. The flipped value will be the inverse of the first length and will go on the fifth line.

-The sixth line is the New offset, this will be the starting point where you copy the data from your .wem file into the Game_Sound_M.pck file. Open up your Game_Sound_M.pck file in HxD. It should be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K15\sound. Make sure to backup this file, since you may accidentally screw something up and have to revert back to an original file.

-Next, click the Search tab and then find. Change from text-string data type to hex values. Type in the Flipped Filename hexadecimal from the second line of the template into the search box. For example if you were replacing the "This Means War" Theme, you would enter "DE BA 5D 09" into the search box, NOT "09 5D BA DE", remember FLIPPED VALUE.

-You will find more than one value that matched "DE BA 5D 09" and I will explain why later. The value we are going to edit will have "00 80 00 00" after the searched hex value. Once you find this value there will be three two bit hex values "XX XX XX". Put in the Flipped Length Hex value from the Fifth line of your template. For example with my Paige theme you would put in "01 89 6E" after "00 80 00 00" hex values. So you end up with:
KEY:
DE BA 5D 09 = Flipped Filename
01 89 6E = New Flipped Length

"DE BA 5D 09 00 80 00 00 01 89 6E"

-After this, go down to the bottom of the Game_Sound_M.pck file in HxD. After the end of the file put at least four complete blocks of 16 bits of blank data (zeros) so that you will have enough to copy. So Basically This:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 = 16 bits of zeros
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ------> X4
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

- Copy and paste the four blocks of data until the blue offset on the far left of the HxD window ends in "000" or "800". For example, for my Paige theme the New Offset was 34DE9000. Once you have this new offset, whatever it may be, write it on the sixth line of the template.

-The seventh line will require you to open up windows calculator in programmer mode. Make sure it is set to Hex and type in your new offset. Divide this new offset by 8 and record your three bit offset. For example, my Paige offset of 34DE9000 / 8 = 69BD200.

-This result would be converted into individual two bit hex values, like this: 06 9B D2. Adding the zero at the beginning is necessary to make a valid three 2 bit hex value. Just ignore the last zeros at the end, they are just leftover data.

-Now take this new value and flip it like you did with the Length hex value.
So "06 9B D2" would become "D2 9B 06". Then take this value and go back up to the Flipped File Name that you searched for earlier. Remember search for the "00 80 00 00" after the flipped filename. Here is where we are:
KEY:
DE BA 5D 09 = Flipped Filename
01 89 6E = New Flipped Length
XX XX XX =New Offset For New Theme

"DE BA 5D 09 00 80 00 00 01 89 6E 00 XX XX XX"

Enter The New Flipped Offset that you just created where the XX XX XX is on the diagram above. So after the New Flipped Length there will be one two bit 00 and then this is where you enter the three 2 bit value of the Flipped New Offset. So for my Paige theme I would enter "D2 9B 06". So the finished hex line would look like this:

"DE BA 5D 09 00 80 00 00 01 89 6E 00 D2 9B 06"

- The last step is to copy and paste all of the code from your .wem file into the Game_Sound_M.pck file. To do this, first go to the end of the data of the Game_Sound_M.pck file. Delete the whole line of zeros from your new offset to make room for your copied data. For example:

Offsets--------------------------Data
34DE8FF0------------------------00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Paste Data Here After Zeros
34DE9000------------------------00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 <---- Delete This Line!

- Then go to your .wem file and select all of the data by pressing CTRL + A. Then copy this data by right-clicking and pressing copy. Next go to your Game_Sound_M.pck file and go down to the offset that you just removed the zeros from and paste that new data into the file.

-Don't worry about the warnings it gives you about making the file larger. It will still work even though it will increase the file size. For example:

Offsets--------------------------Data
34DE8FF0------------------------00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Paste Data Here After Zeros
34DE9000-----------------------(PASTE DATA HERE) (PASTE DATA HERE) (PASTE DATA HERE)

|
     |         Pasted data will continue down. After you copy and paste this you can now deal with the Checksums.
     V

7. This is the last and final step in making your custom soundtrack work in-game. If you do not remove the Checksums hidden within the Game_Sound_M.pck file, the original soundtrack will play for three seconds and cut off. It will refuse to play your selected theme. This is where the magic happens!

-While still in HxD search for your Flipped Filename that you created earlier in hex. Remember back when I said there were two instances of this hex value. Well this is where the hidden checksums are. Search until you find the second instance of your Flipped Filename. You will know it is the second instance when there is no "00 80 00 00" after the Filename hex value. For example, for my Paige theme:

"DE BA 5D 09 00 80 00 00" <---- Not the right value, this is the first instance

"DE BA 5D 09 60 64 0D 00" <---- This is what we are looking for, random values after the offset.

lQqeaEm.jpg

-As you can see from the image the checksum ends at 04AB8400. Below this is a random Vorbis theme, DO NOT change or modify these data values. It has nothing to do with our checksums and could lock up your game, or destroy a theme already in the game. The next image below will shed light on where the checksums begin:

OaekkoU.jpg

-The checksums start at 04AB8000 and interestingly start after some blank data values. So the checksums that control whether or not a theme will play are based on theme integrity and similarity to the current checksum. If the theme doesn't match these checksums, the theme will not play. We will insert blank data (zeros) to erase these checksums. If we deleted these values it would screw up every offset and lock up the game. Adding Zeros on top of the checksums will properly delete them like they weren't even there in the first place, thus UNLOCKING the Jukebox for modding!

-To insert blank data select all of the data starting at the offset 04AB8000 and ending at 04AB8400. Next click the Edit tab and then Fill Selection. Next under Preset Deletion Methods, click zero bytes and then click OK.

-This should add zero bytes over the offsets starting at 04AB8000 and ending at 04AB8400. The zeros should also be in red to indicate that the data in those regions have been changed. Confirm that the blank data has been successfully added to those regions and no other data has been changed.

8. Congratulations! You have successfully added your own custom theme. To test it open up your game and it should play your selected theme. Make sure to select the identical replaced theme from the Jukebox and rock away!

-If your theme is too low, you will have to restart this tutorial from step 5 onward. Because there is no way to increase the volume of the theme inside HxD. You would have to use the Boost Volume feature on TheVisitorX's Sound Converter Tool.

-This is the easiest way to add your own custom themes. If you need more help on the Hex editing part of this tutorial, follow this video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66UCWPJcARI
-Just skip to the Hex editing part of the tutorial, which is at about 2:14 in the video.

THE HARD WAY:

1. This is the hard way to do this, it takes more work. We will not be using the Sound Converter tool, we will be using Wwise instead. This is for people who want to customize the quality of their themes. I won't go step by step through this, since there is already a video tutorial on how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66UCWPJcARI

Discussion Thread with instructions here: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1825386-Replacing-Entrance-Music

-IMPORTANT! In order for the Wwise method to work, you MUST have Wwise version 2014.1.6 Build 5318 (Stable)!

Get it here: https://www.audiokinetic.com/downloads/previous/?id=2014.1.6_5318

Install that and make sure that "Authoring x64" and "Authoring Data" are checked in the installation. After installation, run the executable of your choice (32-bit or 64-bit). It should put shortcuts on your desktop.

2. The only thing that is customizable about this method is the Sample Rate and the Seek Table Granularity. I have no idea what the Seek Table Granularity does, so I chose the setting not to have one. The Sample Rate will give you higher quality soundtracks. The default Sample Rate from the original soundtrack files was 41000, so that is what I used for my themes. But feel free to go over 41000 or below, since Sample Rate will not impede playback in-game.

-By default the Sound Converter tool exports themes at 32000 Sample Rate. It is impossible to change this through the tool, so this Wwise method lets modders change the way they want the Sample Rate.

3. The Hex tutorial from the video is the same as the long explained version above in the EASY METHOD. Just make sure to add the checksum tutorial after the video ends, which is also shown above in the EASY METHOD.

-Well that is the end of this long tutorial! I bet you guys are relieved that I finally cracked the code so that we are able to put our own soundtracks into WWE 2k15. If you guys need me to make a video tutorial out of my long explanation don't hesitate to ask. I would be happy to, but I think I explained it thoroughly enough that you don't need a video tutorial. I also linked two video tutorials already that will help you out. Here they are again so that you don't need to search this monster of a post:

- Tutorial for Sound Converter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iEBSj4a1Ug

- Tutorial For Hex Editing (Also for HARD METHOD): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66UCWPJcARI

-Well in the future I plan to make my very own mod thread, focused on Main Menu Mods and Jukebox Soundtracks. It will probably be made this weekend hopefully, if the moderators can post this thread in a timely manner.

- I will be making Alexa Bliss themed mods first since I have not seen many of those and then I will focus on Finn Balor Demon Mods, as he is a favorite in NXT and now on RAW. Might even try to add Finn Balor as the Demon with his Chainsaw!

I may do requests, but I have not decided yet. Also if anyone can contact TheVisitorX and tell him of this miraculous discovery, that would be great. That way he can update the Sound Injector accordingly. Anyhoo, I hope this tutorial was helpful and all of you have a blissful day and stay BLISSED OFF!! :nxt

giphy.gifimage.gif                                                                          Mu95Bkj.gif

Edited by Alexa Blissed Off
Fixed Picture Links
  • Like 1