i found a site that is giving the downloads for mods

some wwe fan

This forum should change. Modders here should be able to make a topic that only specific people can see. I mean make the preview topic visible but a released mods thread only visible to people you choose.

This could work.  Over on Auday's forum the oversight is simplistic enough.  Given SmackTalks size and overall activity level, it would need a wider net in terms of maintaining whatever mandated standard you set forth, but SmackTalks seems to have the moderators and members on hand to create such a regulatory standard if they so choose.  It's certainly not an end all, but I would like to think it would help particularly if you suspect that those who are stealing, are individuals who are kinda here in the shadows and not true members of the community.

This seems like the not best time to be practicing making my own mods :/

This forum should change. Modders here should be able to make a topic that only specific people can see. I mean make the preview topic visible but a released mods thread only visible to people you choose.

This could work.  Over on Auday's forum the oversight is simplistic enough.  Given SmackTalks size and overall activity level, it would need a wider net in terms of maintaining whatever mandated standard you set forth, but SmackTalks seems to have the moderators and members on hand to create such a regulatory standard if they so choose.  It's certainly not an end all, but I would like to think it would help particularly if you suspect that those who are stealing, are individuals who are kinda here in the shadows and not true members of the community.

I would go ahead and do mods if I was you. Mods will always be leeched, I am pretty sure even tho I gave my mods to specific people some people sent links out and shit. I just try to take best actions I can take but it will never stop but it might limit people.

• Like 1

I really don't want to see the community degenerate into a bunch of paranoid lunatics that are hesistant to release their mods or make them available only to a certain "elite" that is forced to jump through hoops just because they fear they'll get linked at another site or forum or because you want to generate traffic or pats on the back for themselves.
It's detrimental to the community, will stop it's growth and shrink the potential of new modders entering the scene and start contributing themselves to add more content for everyone to enjoy.

Plus, who is to say your mods won't leak out eventually? As long as you use public file sharing sites/services to upload them, they will always be accessible to everyone that really wants them. Protecting them with Passwords doesn't really help either and is just a hassle for legit users in the end (especially if they download the files years from now when the youtube video with the password has long been removed), as any of those outlaw sites usually post the passwords of the files as well or repack them without one.

What we can do is include a proper, detailed readme file in each archive with details on the creator, contributors and URLs to the original downloads, add watermarks to invisible parts of your textures so everyone can actually see who made them (don't include them on visible parts, though).
Then again, what good will that do if you catch some site with your mod? You could message the runners of such sites (if you can even reach them) to include the proper links to the the original release threads or remove them, but as is the nature of these people they probably won't comply. Plus, modders don't technically own the IP since modders probably use lots of parts, tech,
 etc. that are property of others, so you can't really take any legal actions against anyone either.

So yeah, there is nothing you as a modder can do. Keep doing your stuff as you enjoy it and keep in mind that your work is appreciated by a lot of people (who ill ideally take their time to thank you for your work and give you feedback, of course). Just because a minority does bad things with your mods, the others shouldn't suffer because of it.

Guys and gals, don't let them discourage you. Ignore them if the thought of them and their shenanigans makes you feel miserable. Just relax and be happy! :)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 9

I really don't want to see the community degenerate into a bunch of paranoid lunatics that don't release mods or make them available only to a certain "elite" that is forced to jump through hoops just because they fear they'll get linked at another site or forum or because you want to generate traffic or pats on the back for yourself.
It's detrimental to the community, will stop it's growth and shrink the potential of new modders entering the scene and providing more content for everyone to enjoy.

Plus, who is to say your mods won't leak out eventually? As long as you use public file sharing sites/services to upload them, they will always be accessible to everyone that really wants them. Protecting them with Passwords doesn't really help either and is just a hassle for legit users in the end (especially if they download the files years from now when the youtube video with the password has long been removed), as any of those outlaw sites usually post the passwords of the files as well or repack them without one.

What we can do is include a proper, detailed readme file in each archive with details on the creator, contributors and URLs to the original downloads, add watermarks to invisible parts of your textures so everyone can actually see who made them (don't include them on visible parts, though).
Then again, what good will that do if you catch some site with your mod? You could message the runners of such sites to include the proper links to the the original release threads or remove them, but as is the nature of these people they probably won't comply. Plus, modders don't technically own the IP since modders probably use lots of parts, tech,
 etc. that are property of others, so you can't really take any legal actions against anyone either.

So yeah, there is nothing you can do. Just keep doing your stuff and keep in mind that your work is appreciated by a lot of people. Just because a minority does bad things with your mods, the others shouldn't suffer because of it. Don't let them get to you guys. Ignore them if the thought of them makes you miserable. Just relax and be happy!

thats right people like me and others who just want to download mods and play the game(triple h reference) shouldnt be forbiden of doing it because of some idiots and like you said there will always be those idiots you all should just keep going and making mods because most part of the people in this forum actually apreciate the time and effort you put into it 

• Like 3

i am just a downloader, and i really thank every modder here on smacktalks who have made the mods be it software mods like thevisitor and cavewavrider's stuff, to titantron walltron minitron mods, to wrestler mods, and even pofo and moveset mods. you guys have made, and keep on making wwe 2k16 really fun and enjoying.

i understand that modders will feel frustrated with piracy and theft. i hope you guys will just be truly happy with what you guys are doing. as we all see the site is russian and some if not most parts of russia is a third world country. people there would not care about copyright as they have bigger problems like food, internet, school.

maybe this reason will just make some modders role their eyes, but in my country, nobody buys real music. almost everybody who has music in their iphone/android has a 95% probability they torrented or downloaded their music. and thats a reality and thats my reality here.

just like what the rock told john cena during him hosting the HoF ceremony, 'you know youve made it when youve been booed'. well you know youve done great work when youre being pirated. 

artists and movie makers dont let that stop them from continuiung their work so you shouldnt. let God handle those people and just release the anxiety, anger, and bad thoughts in your mind. i hope you guys will be happy with your work, that pride may not dominate, but a generous heart will transcend.

to the modders, alwaysknow that the majority of people know its your work, are i am very thankful for all your mods :)

i hope this thread gets deleted already as it is generating so much negative energy :-/

Edited by JonasSlasher1994

While i agree with many things that have been mentioned, IN general we tend to forget that modding is a hobby to the creators.  These mods are created primarily for the modders themselves.  It's what they want to create and use in their game.  They do not need to share them but they do.  Some users seem to sometimes feel entitled to these mods and so complain about the length of time for release, the method of distribution etc.  In reality it is a privilege we get to use these mods.  Its a gift from the modders to us users.  So if Auday wants to have a specific procedure to release his mod that is his right.  If others want to place passwords or not release at all that is their right.

Now having been given access to these mods a user from this site went ahead and created that other site and took credit.  Is modding the most important thing in the world?  No, but it is the principle of what was done that is upsetting.  At the end of the day all their hard work, time and effort was taken credit for.  Again a user from this site (since most mods are only found on this site)  violated the privilege given to them.  So I get that modders are upset and even though I would really hope that many would continue modding I understand why they feel the way they do.  The question is what us users can do to prevent such things from happening? 

• Like 1

Some People will always do this. But most people appreciate every modders hard work, I know i do every one of you guys from the mods down to the tutorials all the way to the amazing tool and the people who post here and help by input there opinions for the mods . Don't let these knuckleheads discourage you from modding and sharing with this community!

Edited by Wizard3
  • Like 1

Guys, i am a visitor to this website, we have in Russia is considered normal. Most Russians do not know English (as I), so they do not know about Smacktalks. Therefore, it is much easier to download them from their native site in their own language. And also, they do not appropriate your mods himself.

• Like 1

Guys, i am a visitor to this website, we have in Russia is considered normal. Most Russians do not know English (as I), so they do not know about Smacktalks. Therefore, it is much easier to download them from their native site in their own language. And also, they do not appropriate your mods himself.

The creator knows about SmackTalks, he knows where the mods are coming from so there's no excuse to not give credit. It sucks enough that he takes the mods and shares them without asking, but for him to not give credit is what's causing an upset here. He manages to write short a mod description, would it really hurt to add "created by xxxxxxx from SmackTalks forum" even if it's in Russian???

If you wanna make them, just do it mate. The whole notion of credit theft is incredibly annoying, but at the end of the day, I make my mods for the community to enjoy. It's nice and common courtesy for us to be given credit for our work and obviously if there's anything I can do about it I'd prevent my work not being recognised and someone else riding on my coat-tails, but that's not gonna make me stop making them or even start making them exclusive. I guess the silver lining is, I'd know that there were a greater number of people out there benefiting from the hours of work I put in.

Guys,guys calm down please!All members of the group know what mods from your site ,admins do not deny it.Yes it is their fault that they are not signed by authors of mods.You should not panic,all like and love all your creations,and because you are trying to post them in the access for free,there's no reason to make a panic!We all know the true authors of the mod.And this is your website!Thank you very much for your creation and I personally want to apologize if the antics of this site someone hurt!Also sorry for my disgusting English!Thank you for your attention!

And I ask you not to insult our people!If 1 person does something bad.Doesn't mean all are!

Edited by vhg
  • Like 1

lol Interesting site. I guess it is what it is. I'd figure at least link to the normal links so guys can still make their revenue off of it. Mostly what I've seen was direct download links. Only issue I have with it even though I don't use the revenue links

Guys,guys calm down please!All members of the group know what mods from your site ,admins do not deny it.Yes it is their fault that they are not signed by authors of mods.You should not panic,all like and love all your creations,and because you are trying to post them in the access for free,there's no reason to make a panic!We all know the true authors of the mod.And this is your website!Thank you very much for your creation and I personally want to apologize if the antics of this site someone hurt!Also sorry for my disgusting English!Thank you for your attention!

And I ask you not to insult our people!If 1 person does something bad.Doesn't mean all are!

It's all very well knowing that they come from this site, but there's absolutely no excuse to not give the creators themselves credit for their hard work. It's no good to just go "some guy from SmackTalks made this mod". Give credit to the individual, not what forum they're on.

You all should learn from other communities, have you ever visit hongfire?
it seems like all of you are making mods to make your ego grows... i'm really disappointed of the game and now, of this comunity.

*Links(s) Removed*

Edited by Sunny
Link(s) removed for advertising. Please refer to Forum Rules under "Site News" regarding regulations on advertisement.
  • Like 1

it seems like all of you are making mods to make your ego grows... i'm really disappointed of the game and now, of this comunity.

We just want credit for our work

Why don't you link us to some posts that are good examples of what you'd like this community to be? Nobody's gonna sift through a forum to find these posts, let alone a hentai forum with thread names like "more cumming positions" and "Can I change the male dick into a small or huge dick?" :lol

Secondly, to tar everyone with the same brush is a little unfair. Some of us are modding to improve our game and choose to share our mods only to give back to the community, and are happy to share everything we've made with the entire community, no exclusive access. However, when you've spent many hours and worked hard on something and then someone else just takes it and tries to pass it off as their own... even if you're not a modder, common sense tells you that it's not something that the creator is going to be happy with. If you spent hours kitting out your friend's car, putting in hours of time and labour, and then he went around telling everyone he did it all himself... please don't try and tell me you'd be okay with that.

• Like 6

Did you all start making accounts here just to diss us? Plus I got something to say about this. It's their mods and they decide where to post them, I don't know where your "boss" got that idea without asking every modder's permission to post their mods. Everybody on Smacktalks has a right to be angry at you and your Club members.

Edited by Life_Is_Jericho