Random WCW 97-2001 Era Arena Thread (Thunder & Nitro 2001- Final Arenas)

hovathagod32

Are You planning to make Clash of the Champions XXXV or XXXIV?

I have Clash XXXV.. I just need more slots to speed the process up

just for your viewing pleasure and hopefully your approval: Sting and Luger try to defend their titles against the Steiners at Great Amer. Bash 96 (In your GAB97 Arena) hope you enjoy the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQTyJqejK7E

lol pretty dope. this is what i'm trying to achieve with PC once I get the basics down and be able to start doing actual art in attire and face modeling. Do you download the arena and show? the logos for the shows are included in them IDK if GAB 96 was different. Plus I'm still now sure how create-a-show works on CC because when I tried downloading one of my shows, it took up 2 slots instead of one

just for your viewing pleasure and hopefully your approval: Sting and Luger try to defend their titles against the Steiners at Great Amer. Bash 96 (In your GAB97 Arena) hope you enjoy the video

lol pretty dope. this is what i'm trying to achieve with PC once I get the basics down and be able to start doing actual art in attire and face modeling. Do you download the arena and show? the logos for the shows are included in them IDK if GAB 96 was different. Plus I'm still now sure how create-a-show works on CC because when I tried downloading one of my shows, it took up 2 slots instead of one

yeah it's actually taking 1 slot for the arena and 1 slot for the show. yeah i use it. i think i used that Logo cause i had it from before. and it was kind of a rush job. it took me like 6 hours in one day to find out what caused that type of cutscene. lol

What i normally do for universe is instead of just clicking on edit show in universe i click triangle for import and it can import the entire show. that way i can just go into create a show menus to change locations. of course they're still screwed up but when you import a show in the calander instead of selecting every single option, cole lawler and jbl don't mention where the show is located which i'm okay with lol.

yeah it's actually taking 1 slot for the arena and 1 slot for the show. yeah i use it. i think i used that Logo cause i had it from before. and it was kind of a rush job. it took me like 6 hours in one day to find out what caused that type of cutscene. lol

What i normally do for universe is instead of just clicking on edit show in universe i click triangle for import and it can import the entire show. that way i can just go into create a show menus to change locations. of course they're still screwed up but when you import a show in the calander instead of selecting every single option, cole lawler and jbl don't mention where the show is located which i'm okay with lol.

I haven't even messed with Universe yet. I plan to when when I get all my slots down. I thought about that with the shows.. the locations. GAB was only in Maryland, Havoc in MGM, Mayhem in Toronto. I didn't do it for all of them, but I wanted certain arenas to have that primary location if they were always held there. Plus the fact that a lot of the areas WCW would go aren't listed in 2K at all lol. It's probably editable on PC, but It's really a minor detail, not a deal breaker.

I haven't even messed with Universe yet. I plan to when when I get all my slots down. I thought about that with the shows.. the locations. GAB was only in Maryland, Havoc in MGM, Mayhem in Toronto. I didn't do it for all of them, but I wanted certain arenas to have that primary location if they were always held there. Plus the fact that a lot of the areas WCW would go aren't listed in 2K at all lol. It's probably editable on PC, but It's really a minor detail, not a deal breaker.

yeah i think there's a glitch where if you dl a show it auto sets the shows to random atleast that's what i think lol but yeah i knew where GAB BATB Hog Wild/Road Wild and Havoc were held. the others wasn't really sure. so even what i do in my videos if universe pics a different location i do the entrances in exhibition cause atleast that way the location does work. I think that's something 2K really needs to fix. And yeah 2K needs to work on those locations. Luckily most of the places i've hosted Nitro Sat Night or a PPV have been selectable LOL.

but yeah actually i think it's a good thing you haven't used universe yet cause i think if you import/add shows into universe post patch 1.05 they don't mention the wrong city lol

i got so sick of hearing cole saying we were in the home town of bruno that in my current 2015 universe at mania 31 i held a Bruno Sammartino Memorial Battle Royal LOL

Also be sure to check out some of my other videos. I started around April 96 (Using Clash as a ppv since there wasn't a Spring Stampede in 96) and i'm at Great American Bash 96. i am just doing the whole Outsiders arrival thing differently and drawing it out slowly since well no 2 on 3 Handicap matches anymore lol

Edited by Jai
  • Like 1

Awesome arenas. when you go up COTC 35 ? I would do well for my universe mode

The quicker i finish 2000 and the few in 2001 then I'll go and upload everything I forgot. Clash 35, Bash 98, Stampede 97. Might do Clash 34 too, but if I remember correctly it was just a blue ring

The quicker i finish 2000 and the few in 2001 then I'll go and upload everything I forgot. Clash 35, Bash 98, Stampede 97. Might do Clash 34 too, but if I remember correctly it was just a blue ring

Just wanted to add I really admire your attention to detail especially with the crossed out nWo vs wcw logos for the mid-99 ppv's. most people miss that one LOL

BTW do you know what ppv they had for the month of april 96? i know you aren't really doing 96 but i was just wondering what ppv it was cause it wasn't spring stampede. i actually don't even remember them having one lol. i actually am thinking they skipped from uncensored 96 - slamboree 96 lethal lottery.

Just wanted to add I really admire your attention to detail especially with the crossed out nWo vs wcw logos for the mid-99 ppv's. most people miss that one LOL

BTW do you know what ppv they had for the month of april 96? i know you aren't really doing 96 but i was just wondering what ppv it was cause it wasn't spring stampede. i actually don't even remember them having one lol. i actually am thinking they skipped from uncensored 96 - slamboree 96 lethal lottery.

97 was the first year that WCW did a PPV each month. They didn't do Spring Stampede/January and April PPVs in 95-96.

97 was the first year that WCW did a PPV each month. They didn't do Spring Stampede/January and April PPVs in 95-96.

ah okay that makes sense lol

Thunder 2000 is now available on CC. Came out pretty good. I made a good logo for the show so it's probably best to download it that way. More Photos: 

WWE%202K16_20160420171507_zpsxqvncxoo.jpWWE%202K16_20160420171630_zpss1c5asax.jp

Darn it! all out of DL slots lol

New arena's are now available on CC

Slamboree 2000
Great American Bash 2000
Bash at the Beach 2000

The next 3 will be in order so:

New Blood Rising
Fall Brawl 2000
Halloween Havoc 2000

Starrcade is already uploaded, so the only arena I'd have to do to finish 2000 is Mayhem. Still haven't drawn that logo. So I guess the next 5 when I get more slots will be 

Sin 
SuperBrawl Revenge
Greed
Mayhem 2000
Bash 98 or nWo Nitro. (Whichever one gets finished first)

Is in your plans make Saturday Night (Disney-MGM Studios) or WorldWide (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lELeGD1grH8 )?

I'm still not sure.. I'm getting near the end so, we'll see. No promises though. 

Fall Brawl 2000 and Halloween Havoc 2000 have been uploaded. For some reason it's not allowing me to upload the create-a-show for Fall Brawl, so I'll probably have to upload the logo.

Still haven't drawn up Mayhem 2000, so I'm going to continue forward onto 2001 when I get free slots. Then work backwards. I don't think any of my accounts are really close to gold/diamond etc, so I'll likely start working on Bash 98 again, and work on some WCW stuff for PC. 

I uploaded Bash at the Beach 99 as a Create a Show, as well as uploaded the logo. So you guys can make your own arena if the one I have with the show is too plain. 

Also my current status on the bash 98 logo:

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-26%20at%209.37.0

All i need to do is that one half and reverse it. Too lazy to really draw it all up lol it'll look good though.

references: 

professional-wrestling-wcw-bash-at-the-btumblr_n9si9izwWB1szw03io1_1280.png

I know I said that there weren't going to be any previews in this thread, but here's a WIP of Bash 98 while I wait for more slots:

WWE%202K16_20160501023551_zpsgwpsmnuh.jp
WWE%202K16_20160501023628_zpsojp5lrv8.jp
WWE%202K16_20160501023608_zpsdkxcmzzk.jp

The logo isn't finished but I just wanted to see how it looked in game. Still debating on doing a stage but you really can't maneuver much on a flat surface with how much space there is to cover

I know I said that there weren't going to be any previews in this thread, but here's a WIP of Bash 98 while I wait for more slots:

The logo isn't finished but I just wanted to see how it looked in game. Still debating on doing a stage but you really can't maneuver much on a flat surface with how much space there is to cover

it looks great man. it came out better than when i tried to "Transparancy" the Hog Wild 96 logo lol I took your Road Wild 97 and tried to turn it into Hog wild. (not to upload for my ppv) but the problem was when you had arena size 5 selected it had that WM 28 canopy. so i had to switch it to arena size 4. I know why you did it for the outdoor look. This is why i wish we still had the tribute to the troops type crowd still.

This is what i did

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI-fMxFsX_Qa2lL8sj2Qv5g8b-enktUFu

it looks great man. it came out better than when i tried to "Transparancy" the Hog Wild 96 logo lol I took your Road Wild 97 and tried to turn it into Hog wild. (not to upload for my ppv) but the problem was when you had arena size 5 selected it had that WM 28 canopy. so i had to switch it to arena size 4. I know why you did it for the outdoor look. This is why i wish we still had the tribute to the troops type crowd still.

This is what i did

Hindsight, I'd probably do 97 the way I did 98 & 99, but you get better and learn new tricks as you go forward.

This is what i did

Hindsight, I'd probably do 97 the way I did 98 & 99, but you get better and learn new tricks as you go forward.

yeah i just needed a quick hog wild 96 arena. the one i dl'd when i first got the game was horrible. it had the 99 smackdown stage for crying out loud and the barricade was the wall barricade with the Raw 2007 city skyline logo plastered all around.  It was beyond horrible lol. Your 97 road wild was the perfect candidate. i just added the road wild logo. but yeah i probably should have just drawn it from scratch lol

Kind of a WIP if I continue this route. Trying to find a lot of the objects from the stage and see if I can make it look good. I really hate that retro logo for the stage, so depending how this works out will decide on if I use it the same way I did with Spring Stampede

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-03%20at%207.00.1