YOBJ PS2 File Format Details

eri619

I have attached a sample model file and a hex Workshop book mark file.All you have to do is open the model using Hex Workshop,then open the bookmarks file(yobj_bookmark.hbk)

and i have commented and bookmarked the offsets you need to make the exporter and an importer of the model file.

File Details Include:

BaseOffsets Used in the code [offs variable]

Number of Meshes

Number of Bones in Bone Section

Offset to Mesh Description Section

Offset to bones Section
Code Considers 64 byte Mesh description sections
Mesh Material Number
Offset to Indices Section
Offset to vertex data = value + 0x28
Number of Bone Weights of Mesh
Number of Vertices of Mesh
Mesh Location in Space
Vertex Data
Skipping 0x10 bytes between vertices and normals
Normal Data
Skipping 0x10 bytes between normal and weights data
Face Info Data

nParts
Indices Count
Parts in Mesh
Indices Offset = Value + 0x8
Indices Data
Part Header
Number of Faces in SubPart
UV Coords
Info About Section contains information about all the uvs and the vertex indices cont
Vertex Index
Bone Name
Bone Translation
Bone Rotation
Bone Parent ID
Bone Quartenion

Thanks to Greg Thordental for helping me out with this.

Download(Direct Link)

http://z4.ifrm.com/30607/97/0/p1091311/Model_Details.rar

@tekken57

@Keshire

Edited by eri619
  • Like 1

This is an open source topic and anyone is free to use the details i have posted.

I swear Tekken has already said he isn't going to add support? Yet you keep asking him.

Then why tag Tekken? 

This is an open source topic and anyone is free to use the details i have posted.

I swear Tekken has already said he isn't going to add support? Yet you keep asking him.

Then why tag Tekken? 

He had told me that he will look into adding support for it when he finds time.Although there is support for PS2 Models in X-rey,it only supports vertex editing as of now.Tekken had asked me to find all the details inorder to add full support like vertex editing,inject smaller,weights,bones etc.
Keshire needed these info,but he hasn't been online for a while now.

Edited by eri619

I've taken a look at the files you sent me. There isn't much more information in this compared to the file you previously sent me. How are the uv's, weights, face offsets reference in the file header? There has to be a reference in order to programmatically compute the model.

Also what format are the faces in, what is the winding of the triangle strips and how are the strips joined?

Also I can tell you right away that inject smaller functions will not work on this model due to the way in which the data is dispersed across the model. The 360 models follow a very systematic structure which hard coded offsets for everything.

The way I see it, the only benefit you would gain from adding additional support is the addition of support for Uv's. However if you are using blender to make edits, it messes up the ordering of the UV's which makes it impossible to import these values. This is true for every WWE model format edited in blender. 

Edited by tekken57

I've taken a look at the files you sent me. There isn't much more information in this compared to the file you previously sent me. How are the uv's, weights, face offsets reference in the file header? There has to be a reference in order to programmatically compute the model.

Also what format are the faces in, what is the winding of the triangle strips and how are the strips joined?

Also I can tell you right away that inject smaller functions will not work on this model due to the way in which the data is dispersed across the model. The 360 models follow a very systematic structure which hard coded offsets for everything.

The way I see it, the only benefit you would gain from adding additional support is the addition of support for Uv's. However if you are using blender to make edits, it messes up the ordering of the UV's which makes it impossible to import these values. This is true for every WWE model format edited in blender. 

I Could totally do edits in 3ds max by Exporting it as 3DS.Also it would be great if UV Support is added in the next version,thats the only support which is required as of now,because of the mirrored textures in PS2.

Edited by eri619

As I mentioned though, there are no hard coded offsets which can be used to programmatically determine the location of the uv's. 

Secondly, exporting from blender would not work as it rearranges the uv's not matter what format you export it in. I looked into this already.

As I mentioned though, there are no hard coded offsets which can be used to programmatically determine the location of the uv's. 

Secondly, exporting from blender would not work as it rearranges the uv's not matter what format you export it in. I looked into this already.

I'll try to extract more information from the files and i will keep you posted.