A WWE 2K15 Patch

Auday

Hey guys, I was considering a comeback to the modding world from a while and I was thinking about doing a community patch like the ones on FIFA and PES games. We could gather all the pac files and strings and change the backgrounds for example, kinda like doing a very big PC DLC pack where all you have to do is install it to your wwe 2k15 folder and replace the old files and you get a whole new game. Obviously this is a very long process to do, so I can't do it alone and I need the help of the community. This is the time where the people who claim they can't do models and textures help, because this is pretty much files gathering and assigning stuff and editing strings. If I get a lot of people from this community to volunteer maybe we can start working on this some time soon. We already have tons of awesome mods out there and gathering them won't be that hard if everybody does something.

• Like 8

Man, this is a great idea. But, we're not to far from WWE 2K16 PC Version release date (i think). Maybe you can get help of these good modders on forum, but, some of them will retire from modding of WWE 2K15, after the release of 2K16.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Brasil.

Man, this is a great idea. But, we're not to far from WWE 2K16 PC Version release date (i think). Maybe you can get help of these good modders on forum, but, some of them will retire from modding of WWE 2K15, after the release of 2K16.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Brasil.

I see where you're coming from, but nobody knows when it will be released yet and maybe we think it's soon but maybe it's not too soon? Maybe after all it won't get released?

...Well then, work on the stuff you will want to add to 2k16 now (wrestlers, arenas, renders, etc) and officially start your project once 2k16 is released. That way all we would need to do is add it to the new game once we get through any hurdles the new game may add to modding it.

• Like 1

I'm guessing 2K16 will be released when all the DLC is done so they can do the same thing they did last year. So when it comes out it will be easy to keep track of all the new mods being made, and maybe there could be an update for the whole "Community DLC" every other month or so with all the newest mods that has been released since the last patch. I'm all in for making a 2K16 one, but a 2K15 one might not be a bad idea either as you can just grab all the best ones and release for a one time DLC.

I find it a good ideia. Besides, its possible 2k16 has many restrictions towards modding or at least making it way more limited and difficult. Personally, besides some championship entrances and the arena/belt features, theres nothing that exciting about the game. 2k15 is still very much usable and with replay value so its a matter of deciding where to actually focus resources.

Waiting for 2k16 PC is obviously legit and viable as well.

Edited by Legend_killer79

this would be the best idea really and I thought about it before but the problem that you will need the permission from everymodder to use his mods and there are some modders wouldn't do it so that what made it difficult for me

I thought a lot about this after reading this post. In my opinion, it would be better to hold off this patch for 2k16, since it will take a lot of work, and 2k16 should mostly be released beginning of April, like last year, because I don't think 2K can afford to release it much later. Why I'm saying we hold it off is if we wait for a few months more, we can make the patch to a brand new game.

Now, merits for doing it for 2k15 are: 

• We don't know for sure whether and when there will be a 2k16
  • We already know a good deal about the game
  • There are already a ton of mods available 

Merits for holding off are: 

• 2k16 is said to be a better game and is of course newer, so more point modding that game if/when it comes out
  • If we work on the patch now, everybody will be pretty burnt out by the 2k16 arrives, but holding off just means all resources can be applied to the game
  • Since there are already a ton of mods for 2k15, we just need to find a way to convert them over to be compatible with 2k16. As I have counted, there are currently around 105 mods (including divas, excluding NPCs) for 2k15, out of which I think around 25-30 are in 2k16 already. However, we can convert guys like Hogan, Punk, Del Rio, Mysterio etc, who didn't make it into that game. 

Personally, I'd say it's better to wait until 2k16, so that we an put all our effort and resources into a game we can play for atleast 6 months or so, unlike 2k15 which will most probably be succeeded by 2k16 in 2-3 months. As of now, in my opinion, the community should continue to put out great mods, so that when 2k16 comes, converting them over will be the only thing left to do, and not recreation of all of them. 

What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

Agree with HBK. I am all for a DLC patch type thing. I believe ModdingWay to something similar with FIFA, they release an update with a bunch of different updates every few weeks. The mod includeds work created by different people with their permission of course.

Pozzum and I had discussed something like this for 2K16 that would bring forward all the mods from 2K15 as long as the various creators agreed to their inclusion. I had started to organize some stuff but forgot about it for a while and then fell way behind when @bravebird31 and @eri619 decided to start taking amphetamines and stop sleeping (only explanation for their incredible pace). :p

• Like 3

Honestly, I've been modding various games over the years. Releasing a patch like this usually kills the community as somewhere along the line, people's work get used without credit. The patch itself gets downloaded and torrented by leeches who do nothing to contribute or grow the community.

This is the reason why I created the comm dlc thread as a space for individual modders to add content to the game. I kept the files modular so that people could add content during the course of the year.

I prefer that people actually make some effort in installing mods for two reasons:

1. By making some effort to add the files they tend to appreciate the work done by modders

2. By adding the individual files they get the idea as to the structure of the game and how it works. This sometimes leads them to create mods of their own, thereby growing the community.

Just my two cents ;)

• Like 5

Honestly, I've been modding various games over the years. Releasing a patch like this usually kills the community as somewhere along the line, people's work get used without credit. The patch itself gets downloaded and torrented by leeches who do nothing to contribute or grow the community.

This is the reason why I created the comm dlc thread as a space for individual modders to add content to the game. I kept the files modular so that people could add content during the course of the year.

I prefer that people actually make some effort in installing mods for two reasons:

1. By making some effort to add the files they tend to appreciate the work done by modders

2. By adding the individual files they get the idea as to the structure of the game and how it works. This sometimes leads them to create mods of their own, thereby growing the community.

Just my two cents ;)

Good point, Tekken

Just my two cents ;)

I totally agree with you on this Tekken! ;)

Pozzum and I had discussed something like this for 2K16 that would bring forward all the mods from 2K15 as long as the various creators agreed to their inclusion. I had started to organize some stuff but forgot about it for a while and then fell way behind when @bravebird31 and @eri619 decided to start taking amphetamines and stop sleeping (only explanation for their incredible pace). :p

I've been slowly gathering the things for this.  I only get to work on it like once a week but I've been just organizing pac/pofo/moveset files and editing them to the slots I'd need as I go along, prepping for 2K16.

I've also been doing a bunch of other stuff but I haven't actually created anything in awhile.

Just my two cents ;)

This is something I've been trying to think around, the only thing I've come up with that I've wanted to do anyways is include the creator's names in the selection screen for each of their mods, either in parentheses on the side for a single creator, or in attire names for like the multiple kevin Owens we have.  This however does not really get around the community improvement aspect of your concerns.  Which is always going to be a rough situation of ease of use/value of knowledge.  

• Like 2

We could do it for trusted members only tho, I have a couple of ideas to expose whoever shares with other people and later we do not share future updates with him. Bottom line is community will ALWAYS have leechers, you just can't get rid of them.

• Like 2

Alright So I Figured I'd try to get some of these files together I've got about 80 Filed away right now I know I have more recent ones I have to go grab.

I have no intention of distributing these at this time Just starting to get everything together.

@AlcLegacy Matt Hardy, Davey Richards

@Auday Elyafe Aiden English, Baron Corbin, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Simon Gotch

@Bannockburn Terry Funk, Eddie Edwards, Apollo Crews,

@beastedot9 Bobby Roode, Kalisto, Trish Stratus

@bravebird31 Alex Shelly, Lita, Samoa Joe, Shelton Benjamin, AJ Styles, Eddie Guerrero, Finn Balor, Jeff Hardy, Ronda Rousey, Kevin Owens, Alicia Fox, Sasha Banks, Kurt Angle, JAmes Storm, Young Bucks, Shinsuke Nakamura, Baron Corbin, Hideo Itami

@eri619 Animal, Brutus Beefcake, Dynamite Kid, Hawk, Jimmy Snuka, Mr. Kennedy, Roddy Piper, Tito Santana, Bobby Lashley, Eddie Guerrero, Goldberg, Scott Steiner, John Morrison, Rick Martel, Drew McIntyre, Jim Duggan, Shane McMahon, Rhyno, Hideo Itami, Hurricane

@GameElite™ Heath Slater, Road Dogg, Hideo Itami, Kurt Angle

@JulianBITW Austin Aries, Becky Lynch, Claudio Castagnoli, CM Punk, El Generico

@legrandcissarcix Braun Strowman, Doink the Clown, Drew Galloway, EC3, James Storm, Jushin Thunder Liger, Mick Foley, Suicide, Umaga, Vampiro, Doc Gallows

@LordJustice17 Arn Anderson, Konnan, La Parka, Ricky Steamboat (With @wtferrell)

@MinchoSheen Bret Hart, Bruno Sammartino, Chris Benoit, Dusty Rhodes, Kevin Owens, Yokozuna, Finn Balor

@Prinsto Paige

@R4zoR Dean Malenko, Hardcore Holly, Lance Storm, Perry Saturn

@Smk™ Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura, Big Cass

@The AGS Alex Riley, Enzo Amore, Leo Kruger, Rhyno, Rikishi, Sin Cara, Solomon Crown, Tensai, Tyler Breeze

@xWeasel / @GameElite™ Carmella, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Paige, Rosa Mendes

@TheHeartbreakKid Tyler Breeze Edit (Asking Permission)

@yjkim0901 CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Batista

@Cave Waverider Samoa Joe Edit (I haven't asked you previously if you want in on this please let me know.)

In Search Of: Eri619's Tazz/Sean O'Haire Brave's Updated Eddie Guerrero, 

Current Date Up to: 12/31

Notes: I need to download @HerFyre 's attires for the Lucha Dragons eventually... 

I'll probably go through and grab @malan1998 's 10 Attires for Sabu But I probably won't include it even if malan agrees due to it being Tekken's original mod.

I haven't Cataloged anything from @tekken57 at his request, and I'm excluding @wajahat because of his actions on these forums.

For all of these so far I have pac/pofo/moveset for all of these.

Edit: Underlined Also Added

Edited by pozzum
Underlined Also Added
  • Like 2

pozzum

Sadly Auday never released his Mr. Perfect. But Mr. Perfect is a DLC in 2K16 and Eri619 created Mr. Perfect using the 2k16 old gen dlc as reference.

ah alright, yeah I had eri619's noted down to grab.  I'll have to take auday's off my various checklists/ tables.  I'll probably hit a few more unreleased ones as I go through my notes.  Thanks for the help

We could do it for trusted members only tho, I have a couple of ideas to expose whoever shares with other people and later we do not share future updates with him. Bottom line is community will ALWAYS have leechers, you just can't get rid of them.

Yeah, this isn't a bad idea. I hate the idea of everyone missing out because of the bad apples.