Story Mode - FIXED

El Guapo

I know a lot of people never use this mode, personally I always liked to recreate classic storylines or just use it to create 'dream' events for me and my mates to play through during our 'Beer & Video Games' nights.

Anyhow, quite early on during the 2K14 modding cycle it became apparent that any wrestlers added as CDLC or existing DLC wrestlers that were modified (e.g. attire added via a main roster member's PAC file) couldn't be used in Story Mode as once saved it would give you a "DLC is damaged..." message when you tried to load it again.

'FIXED' might be too strong of a word, as in reality I've just managed to find a way around it - but you might not like it.

• In XPacker, open your Save File - Wrestler Info
  • Open each (C)DLC wrestler's pofo and change their DLC number to 0
  • ...that's it

This will remove the wrestler(s) from the DLC menu, but he will still be accessible from the 'vertical list' menu which you can get via the 'AJ Lee glitch'.

Because the game will no longer acknowledge the wrestler(s) as DLC, it won't perform whatever check it does on DLC wrestlers in Storyline mode.

The downside here is that (C)DLC wrestlers will no longer be 'easy access' from the main wrestler select menu, rather you'll need to scroll through the entire roster to find them each time.

This isn't a concern for me as I'm planning on re-ordering the roster alphabetically eventually anyway!

• Like 2
  • Yes! 1

Thank You!!!!!!!

No problem sir

Nice find!!! Makes me think there could be a way to fix this problem without changing them to DLC 0

That would be nice because i hate the Aj Glitch.  Still its a nice find Guapo 

Ever since the problem first came up I assumed there must be some sort of 'lookup table' that the game is comparing DLC used in the story against, I just lack the programming ability to go digging around for it!

Oh, wow. Nice find, dude! I've never bothered with the adding DLC process because of this, as Story Designer is the only thing that keeps me going back to these games, but even just using added alternate attires for original DLC wrestlers (the Bellas, Big E, Summer, etc.) would cause the Story Designer file to corrupt too, if you saved when the alternate attire was used in a match or cutscene.

Edited by OverTheEdge

• 5 years later...