X-Packer 2016 / X-Rey Official Thread

tekken57

Thanks for all the work you have put in Tekken, I have no intention of modding 2k16 on 360, I will be finishing the 2k14 "Wrestling Legends" conversion with Bugsyboy and then taking a long break from modding (possibly a few PC mods here and there).

No bro im not modding 2k16 at all , we just taking whats good for the legend game. But i can test the modeling side of these 2k16 pacs as i think there is only problems with the material of certain pacs.

I would love to see more development for the bones/skin editing (if possible) for when we swap head , pants , boots ect ....  It seem to only work sometime

Yeah, as others have said, I really do appreciate the time and work you've put into things, Tekken--both regarding 2K16 and just overall in general throughout the years. Would I have liked to have tried to do with 2K16 what we've been able to do with 2K14? Definitely. But seeing how difficult they've all of a sudden decided to make things, I'm not sure how feasible that will be. The ordeal over the .arc files alone is hugely crippling to things.

I've seen you trying to work out the new PACH formats for alternate attires and--while it's always great to figure out how new things work--one thing I was going to suggest instead of driving yourself crazy over that, was to just take a dummy.pac, leave the new, unknown PACHs as is, and just add additional 000XXX02s and 000XXX04s for anyone who ever wanted to mod someone like Balor, etc.; however, seeing as no new entries can even be made to the .arcs, that completely goes out the window.

I've been able to manually edit the .arcs to add in larger PACHs and even swap out an arena as well, but honestly, the only thing in 2K16 that I was hoping to get use of was the new moves, and new entrances/winning animations. If there was ever a way to get those over and working in 2K14, I would have just about zero use for 2K16 outside of its Showcase cutscenes.

If these 2K16 issues end up being something that can't be figured out or you just find to not be worth your time, I would completely understand. Obviously, figuring out a way to get things going without the .arcs would be the best solution, as you've mentioned, but I know you've tried that in past years to no avail and this year doesn't seem to be much different.

Also, regarding 2K16 and these programs, I was trying stuff out with X-Rey and I was able to swap out 2K16 model parts (via extract and inject smaller) as well as edit .objs in 3Ds Max, export them, and import them back into the YOBJ with no issues. Everything worked fine in-game as well (apart from one shader issue--but that's because I injected a skin .obj over a gear one, so the lighting doesn't quite match up. Though, on that note, that'd be a great feature to possibly see included--a shader selector), so I'm not sure how necessary a new X-Rey would be--or, more so, how much of your time would be worth spending on making one.

Edited by OverTheEdge
  • Like 1

@ OverTheEdge great points man i would have ask the same things if my french ass knew how to express itself properly without sounding like a retard

Edited by bugsyboy

If in PS3 it worked, it must work in 360, cause the game is the same. Well, I hope we finally find out a way to add more stuff, not only replacing.

BTW, I added the real enforcer to WM14.

y5fN43f.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Tekken, have you tried to look at the differences between the PS3 arcs & the 360 arcs? Because I've noticed that the file formats for the pachs on the ps3 version of 2k16 are exactly the same as previous games(in number etc). & moreso pach files for attires that were told to me as being locked by 360 users are unlocked & easily extracted(booker t, shane street attire). You may want to cross reference the two different versions of arcs & see if the coding would work using a ps3 arc on the 360 version with the ps3 pacs and such (im not anywhere near good at coding but it's at least a idea).

Outside of that the major innovations in modding thats on my wishlist are

Being able to mod showcase/30yowm/attitudeera by extracting animations & Importing them in other games &/or replacing animations in story designer. Being able to change what superstars' attires in the modes correspond to a particular matchor cutscene. Pretty much us cracking the showcase mode in general.

Figuring out why cdlc&/or additional attires for dlc wont work in story designer(there's gotta be another arc or something that triggers the corrupt dlc error message)

& taking moves from newer games & applying them to older games.

Edited by rj10018576

No bro im not modding 2k16 at all , we just taking whats good for the legend game. But i can test the modeling side of these 2k16 pacs as i think there is only problems with the material of certain pacs.

I would love to see more development for the bones/skin editing (if possible) for when we swap head , pants , boots ect ....  It seem to only work sometime

There's not much more I can code for the bones, skin without actually having the sdk that the developers use. My plan was to build a full mesh importer which would also import faces since that is the only data which is not being imported. That would have allows for importing of any model into the individual objects of the yobj, keeping the vert limit of course. However this requires converting the triangles from the obj file into triangle strips, which is a mammoth task. I've spent a few weeks trying to code this without any success and have requested assistance on Xentax without any response. For now that's a dead end. 

Yeah, as others have said, I really do appreciate the time and work you've put into things, Tekken--both regarding 2K16 and just overall in general throughout the years. Would I have liked to have tried to do with 2K16 what we've been able to do with 2K14? Definitely. But seeing how difficult they've all of a sudden decided to make things, I'm not sure how feasible that will be. The ordeal over the .arc files alone is hugely crippling to things.

I've seen you trying to work out the new PACH formats for alternate attires and--while it's always great to figure out how new things work--one thing I was going to suggest instead of driving yourself crazy over that, was to just take a dummy.pac, leave the new, unknown PACHs as is, and just add additional 000XXX02s and 000XXX04s for anyone who ever wanted to mod someone like Balor, etc.; however, seeing as no new entries can even be made to the .arcs, that completely goes out the window.

I've been able to manually edit the .arcs to add in larger PACHs and even swap out an arena as well, but honestly, the only thing in 2K16 that I was hoping to get use of was the new moves, and new entrances/winning animations. If there was ever a way to get those over and working in 2K14, I would have just about zero use for 2K16 outside of its Showcase cutscenes.

If these 2K16 issues end up being something that can't be figured out or you just find to not be worth your time, I would completely understand. Obviously, figuring out a way to get things going without the .arcs would be the best solution, as you've mentioned, but I know you've tried that in past years to no avail and this year doesn't seem to be much different.

Also, regarding 2K16 and these programs, I was trying stuff out with X-Rey and I was able to swap out 2K16 model parts (via extract and inject smaller) as well as edit .objs in 3Ds Max, export them, and import them back into the YOBJ with no issues. Everything worked fine in-game as well (apart from one shader issue--but that's because I injected a skin .obj over a gear one, so the lighting doesn't quite match up. Though, on that note, that'd be a great feature to possibly see included--a shader selector), so I'm not sure how necessary a new X-Rey would be--or, more so, how much of your time would be worth spending on making one.

With regards to the pac files, I have coded support already for reading and injecting. Renaming pach's won't be possible with X-Packer however this can be easily done in a hex editor.  A new dummy pac will need to be created as the format is different, however I am holding out on doing this at this stage due to the arc issues.

The only solution regarding the arc files is to get the game to run without them. I'm not having much luck with though as I am unfamiliar with editing the xex file.

I've looked into the shaders a number of times over the years however each shader has a number of different parameters of different lengths. The values assigned to the parameters differ from model to model, so there is no "one value fits all" value for the parameters. The parameters are also referenced in a table, changing any of the offsets, causes the game to crash. The only way to edit shaders and parameters is by hand due to the limitations I've mentioned.

I was able to get the entrances from 2k14 working in 2k15 by extracting the files from the evt files and injecting into the 2k15 evt files. I've looked into moves a few times over the years and couldn't figure out how they work. Entrances should work without any issue though unless they've changed the animation format, which I doubt. I haven't looked into the 2k16 evt files, I assume that they are same format as last year?

Hey Tekken, have you tried to look at the differences between the PS3 arcs & the 360 arcs? Because I've noticed that the file formats for the pachs on the ps3 version of 2k16 are exactly the same as previous games(in number etc). & moreso pach files for attires that were told to me as being locked by 360 users are unlocked & easily extracted(booker t, shane street attire). You may want to cross reference the two different versions of arcs & see if the coding would work using a ps3 arc on the 360 version with the ps3 pacs and such (im not anywhere near good at coding but it's at least a idea).

Outside of that the major innovations in modding thats on my wishlist are

Being able to mod showcase/30yowm/attitudeera by extracting animations & Importing them in other games &/or replacing animations in story designer. Being able to change what superstars' attires in the modes correspond to a particular matchor cutscene. Pretty much us cracking the showcase mode in general.

Figuring out why cdlc&/or additional attires for dlc wont work in story designer(there's gotta be another arc or something that triggers the corrupt dlc error message)

& taking moves from newer games & applying them to older games.

The arc files are the same between the ps3 and 360, as are the pac files, movesets, wrestler info, etc. The difference is that the eboot file on the ps3 can be edited to get the game to run without arc files and the xex on the xbox cannot. If anyone wants to help in this regard, look into xex file editing.

It's a pity though as the data inside the save are the same for the ps3 and xbox. If it were possible to run the game without arcs, a comm dlc could be made which would work on both systems. 

Edited by tekken57

For now I'm still getting to grips coding for mobile, so my first game will be a simple one.

Thanks to the tutorials posted by kim666 and assistance by UndertakerWLF, I have managed to add additional wrestlers to the ps3 version. The eboot was edited, to get the game to run without arc files. Adding wrestlers to the game is the same as previous years.

I have been able to select the additional wrestlers using the AJ Lee glitch as the catalog files haven't been figured out as yet i.e. setting Nikki Bella to male

WWE_2_K16.jpg

WWE_2_K16_3.jpg

• Like 1

For now I'm still getting to grips coding for mobile, so my first game will be a simple one.

Thanks to the tutorials posted by kim666 and assistance by UndertakerWLF, I have managed to add additional wrestlers to the ps3 version. The eboot was edited, to get the game to run without arc files. Adding wrestlers to the game is the same as previous years.

I have been able to select the additional wrestlers using the AJ Lee glitch as the catalog files haven't been figured out as yet i.e. setting Nikki Bella to male

WWE_2_K16.jpg

WWE_2_K16_3.jpg

Were you only able to insert him into the save area that the DLC will end up getting added to?

I heard that the save file is different this year that they didn't really leave all the pofo/moveset gaps that they had before, is that still true?

Also Regarding Pricing I will remove any comments made about pricing any version of X-Packer/X-Rey from these threads, his program, his price.

Edit: Added Reserved Post, had to grab another post from another thread, in the future just make a random post in another thread so I can merge it easier.

Edited by pozzum
  • Like 1

X-Packer 2016 bea 1 has been released. Due to the arc issues on the xbox 360, I have not been able to code support for updating this file. This means that new wrestlers cannot be added to the xbox 360 version at this time. I am looking into a solution. I also cannot code support for saving the catalog file as I need to see more catalog files, however if you adding wrestlers on the ps3, you can select these using the AJ Lee Glitch.

I can confirm that the game still reads the old pac format, so you can extract pach files from the 2k16 pacs and inject into the older pacs.

@pozzum, yes all the unused slots are missing on the save files for both platforms. These are all the slots available in the game, I matched the slots with the names in the official ch pac list. The slots listed as N/A are not used and can used to add wrestlers. Still haven't figured out what slots 0 -99 are for, they are not used for caws and wrestlers cannot be added to these slots.:

0#N/A
1#N/A
2#N/A
3#N/A
4#N/A
5#N/A
6#N/A
7#N/A
8#N/A
9#N/A
10#N/A
11#N/A
12#N/A
13#N/A
14#N/A
15#N/A
16#N/A
17#N/A
18#N/A
19#N/A
20#N/A
21#N/A
22#N/A
23#N/A
24#N/A
25#N/A
26#N/A
27#N/A
28#N/A
29#N/A
30#N/A
31#N/A
32#N/A
33#N/A
34#N/A
35#N/A
36#N/A
37#N/A
38#N/A
39#N/A
40#N/A
41#N/A
42#N/A
43#N/A
44#N/A
45#N/A
46#N/A
47#N/A
48#N/A
49#N/A
50#N/A
51#N/A
52#N/A
53#N/A
54#N/A
55#N/A
56#N/A
57#N/A
58#N/A
59#N/A
60#N/A
61#N/A
62#N/A
63#N/A
64#N/A
65#N/A
66#N/A
67#N/A
68#N/A
69#N/A
70#N/A
71#N/A
72#N/A
73#N/A
74#N/A
75#N/A
76#N/A
77#N/A
78#N/A
79#N/A
80#N/A
81#N/A
82#N/A
83#N/A
84#N/A
85#N/A
86#N/A
87#N/A
88#N/A
89#N/A
90#N/A
91#N/A
92#N/A
93#N/A
94#N/A
95#N/A
96#N/A
97#N/A
98#N/A
99#N/A
100 The Rock
101 Stone Cold Steve Austin
102 Triple H
103 The Undertaker
104 Chris Jericho
105#N/A
106#N/A
107 Kane
108 Booker T
115 Mr. McMahon
117 William Regal
119 Andre the Giant
125 The Big Show
130 Ric Flair
132 Jake Roberts
136 Ted DiBiase
138 Sgt. Slaughter
139 John Cena
145 Shawn Michaels
146 Rick Rude
147 Stephanie McMahon
150 Michael Cole
151 Vince McMahon
152 Shane McMahon
153 Jerry Lawler
160 Batista
161 Randy Orton
172 Jim Ross
176 Kofi Kingston
177 Bret Hart
179 Mark Henry
180 Jim Neidhart
189 Lilian Garcia
192 Moveset
194 Doctor
201 Santino Marella
210 The Undertaker (American Badass)
212 British Bulldog
218 The Miz
219 Zack Ryder
226 Honky Tonk Man
228 Layla
232 Macho Man Randy Savage
245 Cactus Jack
246 Mankind
247 Dude Love
248 Jimmy Hart
249 Bobby Heenan
251 Paul Bearer
252 Howard Finkel
253 Miss Elizabeth
254 Ultimate Warrior
255 Referee
256#N/A
257#N/A
263 Sensational Sherri
267 Jack Swagger
269 Iron Sheik
270 General Adnan
272 R-Truth
275 Dolph Ziggler
277 Goldust
279 Sheamus
282 Tyson Kidd
287 Security Guard 1
288 Security Guard 2
290 Natalya
297 Alicia Fox
299 Tamina
305 Faarooq
311 Ken Shamrock
313 Billy Gunn
314 X-Pac
324 Daniel Bryan
325 Wade Barrett
332 Jimmy Uso
333 Jey Uso
335 Kevin Nash
336 Ricky Steamboat
337 Vader
338#N/A
339 Heath Slater
342 Sin Cara
343 Brock Lesnar
344 The Rock (Retro)
345 Hunter Hearst Helmsley
346 The Undertaker (Retro)
347 Chris Jericho (Retro)
348 Kane (Retro)
351 The Big Show (Retro)
353 Ryback
354 Cameron
355 Naomi
358 Triple H (Retro)
359 Antonio Cesaro
360 Damien Sandow
367 Dean Ambrose
368 Roman Reigns
369 Seth Rollins
370 Darren Young
371 Titus O'Neil
374#N/A
376#N/A
384 Big E Langston
385 Fandango
386 Brie Bella
387 Nikki Bella
389 Summer Rae
397 Curtis Axel
398 Bray Wyatt
399#N/A
400 Erick Rowan
401 Luke Harper
402 Lex Luger
403 Bam Bam Bigelow
404 Diamond Dallas Page
405 Fit Finaly
406 Lord Steven Regal
407 Tony Chimel
409 Sting (Retro)
410 Surfer Sting
413 Viktor
414 Konnor
417#N/A
419 Zeb Colter
420 Xavier Woods
422 Adrian Neville
423 John Bradshaw Layfield
424 Rusev
425 Bo Dallas
428 Adam Rose
429 Sami Zayn
430 Lana
431#N/A
432#N/A
434 Paige
435 Emma
436 Rosebud (Bodysuit Green)
437 Rosebud (Stripes)
438 Rosebud (Leopard)
439 Rosebud (Bodysuit Black)
440#N/A
441#N/A
442 Christian
444 Edge
445 Mark Henry (Retro)
450#N/A
457#N/A
513 Sting
514 Kalisto
515 Stunning Steve Austin
516 Superstar Steve Austin
517 Stone Cold Steve Austin (Retro)
518 Eva Marie
519 Another fucking Stone Cold
550#N/A
551 Renee Young
552 Rosa Mendes
553 Haku
554 Mikey Whipwreck
555 Brian Pillman
556 D'Lo Brown
557#N/A
558#N/A
559#N/A
560 Kama Mustafa
561#N/A
562 Rikishi
563 Savio Vega
564 Vince McMahon (Manager)
565 Stephanie McMahon (Manager)
566 Col. Robert Parker
567 Gerald Brisco
568 Michael Hayes
569 Pat Patterson
570 Stardust
571 "The Enforcer"
572 Aiden English
573 Baron Corbin
574 Colin Cassady
575 Enzo Amore
576 Finn Bálor
577 Hideo Itami
578 Kevin Owens
580 Simon Gotch
581 Tyler Breeze
582 Terminator (T-800)
583 Terminator (Terminator 2)
609#N/A
610#N/A
611#N/A
612#N/A
613#N/A
614#N/A
615#N/A
616#N/A
617#N/A
618#N/A
619#N/A
620#N/A
621#N/A
622#N/A
623#N/A
624#N/A
625#N/A
626#N/A
627#N/A
628#N/A
629#N/A
630#N/A
Edited by tekken57

Based on the pc version when you are at character select and you hover over a caw it treats it like a pac # 1-49 based on slot.  Perhaps there might be a slight chance of using those slots to re allocate them to a different number...  I can't really get my hands on it to mess around with it in the few ways I'd want to...

Will x packer 2016 donation cover a pc version should one come out later?

Based on the pc version when you are at character select and you hover over a caw it treats it like a pac # 1-49 based on slot.  Perhaps there might be a slight chance of using those slots to re allocate them to a different number...  I can't really get my hands on it to mess around with it in the few ways I'd want to...

I've tried changing the slot numbers in those slots already, the game still doesn't read the slots at all. 

The caw, belts, arena data are in a different place in the save just like with previous years. These 100 slots are new and didn't exist in previous games at all. 

To answer your second question, a single donation covers all updates to x-packer 2016, which includes the PC functionality when it is created.

I've tried changing the slot numbers in those slots already, the game still doesn't read the slots at all. 

The caw, belts, arena data are in a different place in the save just like with previous years. These 100 slots are new and didn't exist in previous games at all. 

To answer your second question, a single donation covers all updates to x-packer 2016, which includes the PC functionality when it is created.

I got to take a look at an uncompressed save file, after all of the pofo files listed here is there is not any data for a very long time. the file header is 32 bytes long and then there is 108120 bytes after before the tag team info starts this fits exactly 510 pofo's which I don't think would be a coincidence.  Perhaps they just compressed the pofo's down and we could try starting comm dlc at slot 631?

I don't have a jtag console so I can't test any of this stuff unfortunately.

So I had an idea about the .arc files. I know the way things are structured that you can't find the PACH values directly in the .arc to update them as usual. In addition, as you mentioned, with the file size being the easiest indicator, if there happens to be a set of duplicate values, then you're almost screwed in a way. What I was thinking is that instead of searching for the file size, would it be possible to code a function for X-Packer that searched for the location of the file size in the 2K16 .arcs and then updates it based on what PACH has been injected?

For example, Rock's PACH is 00010002. The file size is 438E; however, that can--and will--change if you try and do anything worthwhile. But, while the values of the file size may change, one thing that will always remain constant is the location of that file size in the .arc file. Those values start at 4A4BA for the Rock's initial PACH. Next up is Austin's 00010102 PACH's size of 4392 located at 4A4C6. And so on and so on. Now, I don't have the first clue of how anything works regarding how a program is put together, but would something like that be possible? To, instead of pointing at the information of the PACH, point things to the location of the information of the PACH and then have it update that information from there?

Like I said, it's just an idea. I could be way off the mark--or maybe this has already been thought of and isn't a viable solution, but it doesn't hurt to put it out there.

Edited by OverTheEdge

I changed a lot of sizes replacing some models like 2002 Lesnar over Current, 2010 Batista over current, etc... And the position of the pach size info looked to me that isn´t in a specific order. For example. Undertaker entrance attire and ring attire, the pach files are not together or following the next file. I replaced the current Taker for young Taker, (Ring works fine but entrance gives me fatal crash)

@pozzum, tried adding another slot after slot 630 and the game doesn't read it. It seems the game is hardcoded to read 310 slots. I searched for the value 00x136 in the xex but there were to many occurences. Changed the first few to 00x1FE (510) still no difference. 

@OTE, I thought about that also, however this would require hardcoding 150+ offsets per console, not to mention the dlc arcs. Also as MAthayus mentioned, the entrance attires are not always listed right next to the ring attires. More people need to look into getting the game running without arcs, that is the only way to add content to the xbox version. I've been doing this on the ps3 version and there no issues at all.

Removing the arc entries from the xex makes the game take very long to boot, which is the same as the ps3 version. This means that the game is physically looking for the actual game files rather than using the arc, however as soon as the wwe logo is displaying, a dirty disc error is thrown. On the ps3 there is a file called f.dat which determines which files are on the ps3 hdd, if this file is not deleted, you get an error that the install data is corrupt. Maybe there is a file checking the required files on the xbox, I've looked for f.dat but it doesn't exist on the xbox version.

Edited by tekken57

It will be on the XEX somewhere or the PS3 Eboot, I'll have a look at the PS3 Eboot to see if I can locate a number of slots.

@Math - Try injecting old takers 0000.YOBJ into current takers 0000.Yobj and see what happens. I don't think it is a model issue... it's something else in the pac file.

I tried to start the ps3 game with a modded chtec.pac file. I injeced a DAT.pach file from 2k14 (this would have all 510 slots). But sadly the game did not start, only a forever spinning wwe logo...

One question about x-packer 2016, does it also support caw injection for 2k14/15? Or only for 2k16?

The Dat file would'nt do it, I still think the key is in the Eboot/XEX, This tells the game what to boot and in what order and what to use, have a look at it in detail and you will see shaders in there as well as arena names amongst other stuff.