[TUTORIAL] Converting pach files to pac files and extracting attires from attire packs (without Xpacker)

TheHeartbrokenKid

Hello, so around the forum I've seen some people having issues with converting pach files to pac files, so I thought I'd just share my way of doing it. Also, this works if you want extract a particular attire from an attire pack and use it as an additional attire (for eg, from AJ_HeelTurn's Ryback pack, I want to add attire 2 only, as an additional attire for the original Ryback)

Things you will need:

1) HxD (http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD)

2) Keshire's Pac tool (http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1869746-WWE2K15-Tools-(Pac-Tool))

3) A pach file (I am going to use Leon Rick's John Cena pach file as an example)

NOTE: Please back up all files before proceeding.

NOTE 2: All these methods are based on what testing and discovering I've done, so please don't blame me if they cause your game to crash. They shouldn't, but pac files are quite unpredictable.

Step 1: Open up the pach file as well as the wrestler's original pac file in HxD (00013902.pach and ch139.pac in this case)

Step 2: In the pach file tab, go to Edit>Select Block and select and copy the bytes from 0 to 3FFF. These are the first 4000 bytes.

Step 3: In the pac file tab, right click in the space BEFORE the first byte and select "Paste insert". Make sure you do not select "Paste write". Say ok to the dialog box that pops up saying the operation changes the file size.

Step 4: Edit the EMD value in the beginning of the pac file to suit the attire slot you want and save. (If there are extra EMD values, just fill them up with zeros)

You've got your pac file that you can use in the game. Rename it the same thing you changed the EMD value to, (ch13942 in this case, since I'm putting it in attire slot 5)

If you're not sure about the last few steps, check out my other tutorial: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/58371-tutorial-how-to-add-updated-attires-as-alternate-attires-without-xpacker/

Now for those who want to extract a particular attire from an attire pack:
Open up the file in Pac tool, extract the pach file you want and follow the above steps.

Also, something interesting I found is, there is a way to have two attire packs in the pac\ch folder. I had been trying to get this to work, but the main issue was how to name the file. Now again using AJ_HeelTurn's Ryback as an example, suppose I want to keep the original three attires, but also have his attires, what do I do? It's quite simple, open up one of the files in HxD and change the EMD values to place them in attire slots you want. (in this case, it'd 35332, 35342, 35344, 35352, putting the attires in slots 4, 5 and 6). Then just name the file chxxx00.pac and place it in the pac\ch folder and I have found it to work.

Hope these methods work for you, please comment if you found this useful, enjoy :) 

Edited by TheHeartbreakKid
  • Like 2

This is for wat purpose??

Oh..k..I got tat..but it can be easily done by xpacker I think..

For those who don't have Xpacker. Hence, the title of the thread says how to do it without Xpacker. 

This is for wat purpose??

Oh..k..I got tat..but it can be easily done by xpacker I think..

For those who don't have Xpacker. Hence, the title of the thread says how to do it without Xpacker. 

Ya..right..!! 

well if i edit a texture and re-inject it using xpacker 9 (without changing the file size of the pach) will it still accept the changes and add it as a dlc?? for example if i edit a attire and want to add as  another attire to ph_guy's seth (with pach being converted into pac with this tutorial and renamed as 00036962/64) shall it work?:huh: 

I'm not too sure what you're asking, but what I would suggest is, once you re-inject the texture, convert into a pac file, name it ch36962/64 and paste it in the pac\ch folder. It'll work as an alternate attire :) 

But I'm not sure about the injecting part, because I don't know about Xpacker 9. 

• Like 1

I'm not too sure what you're asking, but what I would suggest is, once you re-inject the texture, convert into a pac file, name it ch36962/64 and paste it in the pac\ch folder. It'll work as an alternate attire :) 

But I'm not sure about the injecting part, because I don't know about Xpacker 9. 

well i tried to inject the texture into the pach file and it accepted it but while injecting this same very pach file into the pac it failed :( i know i'am asking for too much but could you please post some pics form step 2 to step 3 please ?? it would be real helpful  

• 5 months later...

Sorry, @TheHeartbreakKid I know that maybe it's not the right post to ask but since you are explaining something similar I will. Do you know if is possible to extract alt attires created from the game? I guess that maybe is the same thing about extracting caws (I have seen people sharing their own caws) Thank you!

Sorry, @TheHeartbreakKid I know that maybe it's not the right post to ask but since you are explaining something similar I will. Do you know if is possible to extract alt attires created from the game? I guess that maybe is the same thing about extracting caws (I have seen people sharing their own caws) Thank you!

No idea how to do that, sorry