Cradle Piledriver [Move hack competition]

SD2 LeGeNd

I've been scouring the web now for a week or two looking for a perfect cradle pile driver for an upcoming project from an awesome Smackdown 2 modder. His mods are clean and detailed. I want to create the perfect ECW movehacks for his project but some moves are a bit arduous to pull off. I've searched old archives and found some awesome hacks but couldn't access them (they were that old). I'm going to leave a preview of what I've done so far. If anyone would be interested in this cradle piledriver hacking competition, post here. I'll post what I've done so far.

TeemingNarrowFlyingsquirrel.gif

Edited by SD2 LeGeNd
adding media

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pretty cool..Wonder if there's another recieving animation that will have the guy not flop through the attacker.

There's a possibility. There are about three piledrivers in the game: Pulling, Default Piledriver, and The Spike Piledriver (Double Team). Unfortunately I have no guides on move positioning and such. The current move consists of a shortened Michinoku Driver and the pulling piledriver.

Can't remember the animations in the game but the default one might look decent. Shame you can't force the game to load more animations outside the favourite move slot.

You could mess about with the guys positioning but he'll still flop in that direction, short of you spinning him round 180 but that'll have him facing the wrong way.

I'll give it a shot with the old piledriver. I think for it to look best would be getting the timing right. I'll post a gif if it turns out ok.

Edited by SD2 LeGeNd

Wonder how it would work with the original piledriver to start with? That way you could use the Michinoku driver as a favourite move and not have to worry about wasting a move slot for JL. Saw the topic on Legends of Modding, let me know if you need any help hacking wise. Not done any SD2 hacking for ages but I'm a total ECW mark.

Of course. Shoot me a PM on LOM and I'll send over some old guides I've collected.

Edit: Tried regular piledriver. I think this one would benefit from a positioning hack. When he pulls him up to hook the leg, he jumps about an inch in front of him instead of remaining behind him. The good thing is that the player doesn't fall into the player but to the side.

Edited by SD2 LeGeNd

I guess you've got 3 options with that..

1. Fix the positioning of the move completely and adjust positioning by frame (not ideal)

2. Force the rotation on the players and use a incrementer\decrementer (better)

3. Use equal-to activators on the different rotations (or even specify a range via greater than and less than activators, need to check how strict it is with rotation) and incremet\decrement based on that (most painful one but the best option)

I won't need any guides but I'll sign up to LOM and shoot you a PM and see what you guys need.