Dean Ambrose 10+ Attires Mod

Cave Waverider

Synopsis: This client-side Modification adds 10 attires and more to Dean Ambrose. Check out the screenshot at the bottom of the post to see the included attires. Please read the readme for details, instructions and more!

Readme:

Dean Ambrose 10+ Attires
Client-Side Modification for WWE 2k15 on the PC
Version 1.1
by Caveman

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESCRIPTION
This client-side Modification adds 10 attires to Dean Ambrose. Each Attire, be it ring or entrance attire, comes in a separate file. This means you can use only the attires you like. There are also a couple of bonus attires included, in case you wish to switch some of them out or want to create another Dean Ambrose with them.
You will have to use the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock or edit the misc01_Start*.pac files yourself to be able to select all ten attires in the game.
The modification incorporates PH_Guy's excellent Dean Ambrose mod as a base and utilizes MinchoSheen's Ambrose Pants fix for longer pants that go over the boots.

INSTALLATION
Before you begin to install this modification, it is highly recommended to keep a backup of your game folder in case something goes wrong.

Installation steps:

1. Navigate to the directory your WWE 2k15 is installed in (Default: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\WWE 2K15") with Windows Explorer or another file manager of choice.
2. Rename plistWin32.arc to plistWin32.arc.bak or delete it if you haven't done so already. This is required for mods to work.
3. Navigate into the sub-directory named pac.
4. Navigate into the sub-directory named ch.
5. Rename the original file ch367.pac to ch367.pac.bak, ideally moving it to a separate backup folder.
6. Extract the contents of the .zip file and copy the pac folder into the WWE 2k15 directory (Default: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\WWE 2K15").
7. To unlock all 10 Attires and make them selectable in the game, download and install the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock helper modification (follow the installation steps in it's readme) from:
http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/56574-universal-alternate-attire-unlock/ 
Alternatively, advanced users may also edit the misc01_Start*.pac files manually instead.
8. Start the game and enjoy!

DEINSTALLATION
Steps to Uninstall the mod:

1. Navigate to the directory your WWE 2k15 is installed in (Default: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\WWE 2K15") with Windows Explorer or another file manager of choice.
2. Navigate into the sub-directory named pac.
3. Navigate into the sub-directory named ch.
4. Delete the modified files ch367*.pac.
5. Rename the original ch367.pac.bak to ch367.pac and/or restore it from the backup folder into the above mentioned sub-directory if you happen to have created one.

INCLUDED FILES
\Readme_DeanAmbrose10+Attires.txt      Description and instructions.
\DeanAmbrose10+AttiresMod.jpg           Screenshots Collage of the included Attires
\pac\                                 Folder for .pac files.
\pac\ch\                             Folder for character .pac files.
\pac\ch\ch367.pac                     Attire 1:  Shield Ring Attire
\pac\ch\ch36704.pac                     Attire 1:  Shield Skull Mask Entrance Attire
\pac\ch\ch36712.pac                     Attire 2:  "DA Anarchy Logo" White on Black
\pac\ch\ch36722.pac                     Attire 3:  "DA Anarchy Logo" White on Grey
\pac\ch\ch36732.pac                     Attire 4:  "Unstable Dean Ambrose"
\pac\ch\ch36742.pac                     Attire 5:  "Ambrose Asylum D.A.060214"
\pac\ch\ch36752.pac                     Attire 6:  "Ambrose Asylum Door"
\pac\ch\ch36762.pac                     Attire 7:  "Do I look like I have a plan"
\pac\ch\ch36772.pac                     Attire 8:  "Dirty Deeds"
\pac\ch\ch36782.pac                     Attire 9:  "Titty Master Dean Ambrose"
\pac\ch\ch36792.pac                     Attire 10: "Explicit Ambrose Violence"

BONUS:
\Bonus\                                 Folder with some additional bonus attires.
\Bonus\DA Anarchy PH_Guy\ch36712.pac Replacement Attire 2:  PH_Guy's "DA Anarchy" Variant
\Bonus\Unstable Blood\ch36732.pac     Replacement Attire 4:  "Unstable Bloody"
\Bonus\Unstable Horror\ch36762.pac     Replacement Attire 7:  "Unstable Horror"
\Bonus\Unstable Face\ch36772.pac     Replacement Attire 8:  White Unstable with Face
\Bonus\White Unstable 1\ch36782.pac  Replacement Attire 9:  White Unstable Scratch Logo
\Bonus\White Unstable 2\ch36792.pac  Replacement Attire 10: White Unstable Lunatic Fringe

VERSION HISTORY AND CHANGELOG
2015.09.06: VERSION 1.0:
+ Initial Release with 12 Attires based on the Dean Ambrose mod by PH_Guy.

2015.09.07: VERSION 1.1:
+ Added Pants fix by MinchoSheen for longer pants to all outfits except Attire 1: The Shield.
+ Slightly brightened the black on some black shirts.
+ Darkened the Shield Skull Mask from the Entrance gear to match the attire better.
+ Brightened the white Skull spraypaint of the mask to make it stand out more.
+ Slightly widened the Skull Mask.
+ Added custom normal maps, specular alpha maps and ambient occlusion maps for The Shield Entrance Attire.
+ Fixed some minor things with textrues, normal maps, ambient occlusion maps and specular alpha maps.
+ Moved PH_Guy's DA Anarchy shirt to Bonus and replaced it with a variant with white DA Anarchy Logo.
+ Added alternate Unstable Attire with bloody logo and darker pants Bonus Attire.
+ Added Unstable Horror Bonus Attire.
+ Added Unstable Attire with white shirt and Dean Ambrose's face Bonus Attire.

NOTES
You can find the latest version of the Mod and discuss it at the following URL:
http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/58224-dean-ambrose-10-attires-mod/

To make 10 attires selectable for Dean Ambrose in the game, it is required to additionally modify the misc01_start*.pac files in the \pac\ and \DLC60\pac\ folders of the WWE2k15 directory with hex editor.
If you do not feel comfortable enough with hex editing, please download and install my Universal Alternate Attire helper mod, which already has these files modified and makes 10 attires for Dean Ambrose and 99 other wrestlers in the game selectable. You can download the latest version at the following URL:
http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/56574-universal-alternate-attire-unlock/

As the name says, the Dean Ambrose 10+ Attires Mod includes more than the maximum of 10 attires that a wrestler can have available at a time for Dean Ambrose.
Advanced users may replace any of the attires with different ones from the Bonus folder or use them for a clone of Dean Ambrose in a free slot.
By default, they are assigned to one file name, but you can change the filename to that of the attire you wish to replace and then hex edit the file to change the 000367XX number of the pach to match the one of the file name.

The modification has only been tested with the official Steam version of WWE 2k15 with the Steam game June 2nd 2015 DLC Update installed. Any other versions are not supported.
KNOWN ISSUES
- The long pants currently deform slightly where the boots begin.

CREDITS
Thanks to everyone that enjoys modding and has released mods or will release them in order to improve the game for everyone as well as those that have posted various tutorials and resources for modders to use!

Special thanks to JulianBITW, malan1998, xWeasel, GameElite™ and others @smacktalks.org who were kind enough to answer some questions I had regarding texture modding in WWE2k15 and helped me make this mod possible.

Very Special Thanks to PH_Guy @smacktalks.org for creating the Dean Ambrose mod and allowing me to use it as a base for this modification as well as MinchoSheen for allowing to use his Pants fix in this modification.

And finally, thanks to Dean Ambrose for always wearing something different to the ring and making me work harder than I originally planned. ;-)

DISCLAIMER
The creator of this modification doesn't claim ownership of the files in this modificaiton that are property of their respective owners.

This modification and it's files is free for private use. Private users are allowed to make modifications to the modded file except this readme for their own private use.

The modification and it's files is also free to be linked and referred to in free tutorials.

Modification creators are welcome to re-release the file(s) in this modification as part of their own modifications as long as the following conditions are met by their mods:

1. The modder includes this original, unmodified readme file in their archive.
2. The modder includes her or his own informative readme file similar to this one in the root of their archive file that explains how to install and use their modification, makes reference to the modification in this archive as well as gives proper credit to everyone that contributed to her or his modification.
3. The modder may not change the original files included in this very modification without the explicit permission of the creator.
4. They document any changes they may have made to the file(s) in this modification to the files in their mod's main readme file.
5. They leave the file structure in the original archive intact.
6. They use the proper file structure with the sub-directories of the game directory their mod is supposed to be installed in in their own archive for their modification. 
7. They do not protect the archive, any of the included files or the download with any passwords or any other protective measures that restrict access.
8. They make  their modification(s) freely available for everyone to use free of charge.
9. They strive to be polite and helpful when answering questions about their modification.

Download Link: Click here to download (94.97 MB .7z Archive - Requires 7-Zip to unpack)

Screenshots:
AKPuVk9.jpg

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 13

And question,Have you released v2 with other pants ?

They all use the same clothing models and it's just a texture mod, since I haven't figured out how to replace models yet. I have slightly tweaked the normal maps and ao files, though. It isn't perfect by far, but I think it's alright for now. Perhaps I'll tweak and update it in the future. 

Edited by Cave Waverider

Thanks, Mincho! It looks like it's using the normal map and/or ao from the regular, shorter pants on the new pants, since the shadow/bump there.
Which wrestler did you take the long pants from, so I could see if I could take the dds files from there.
I'll definitely look into it for the next version.

Also thanks to everyone that is so thankful. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider

Again thank you.

Look

If you want you can use this 0000.yobj for the mod (Pants Fixed)... I think is necessary to work in normals to fix the creepy shadowns on it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z8jiy4tnlmt8x5p/Ambrose+YOBJ+-+Fix+Pants+by+Mincho+Sheen.rar

I've just had a look at this. Alas, it's the model of the boots that are causing the pants to deform where the boots start. I've stripped the pants of all details, normal maps and ao and the bulge was still there and it's definitely the 3D pants that are changing the shape at the top of the boots. I think that if we'd replace the boots with some low sneakers or shoes it might go away. I can't do that, though, since I believe I would need X-Rey for it and I don't have it.

Edited by Cave Waverider

I couldn't sleep last night, so I thought I'd take the feedback and advice to heart and work on the mod some more. Here is the result:

Version 1.1 has been released! You can download it in the top post. Enjoy!

Update Notes:

2015.09.07: VERSION 1.1:
+ Added Pants fix by MinchoSheen for longer pants to all outfits except Attire 1: The Shield.
+ Slightly brightened the black on some black shirts.
+ Darkened the Shield Skull Mask from the Entrance gear to match the attire better.
+ Brightened the white Skull spraypaint of the mask to make it stand out more.
+ Slightly widened the Skull Mask.
+ Added custom normal maps, specular alpha maps and ambient occlusion maps for The Shield Entrance Attire.
+ Fixed some minor things with textrues, normal maps, ambient occlusion maps and specular alpha maps.
+ Moved PH_Guy's DA Anarchy shirt to Bonus and replaced it with a variant with white DA Anarchy Logo.
+ Added alternate Unstable Attire with bloody logo and darker pants Bonus Attire.
+ Added Unstable Horror Bonus Attire.
+ Added Unstable Attire with white shirt and Dean Ambrose's face Bonus Attire.
Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Looks pretty good, though not a big fan on the shirt choices. I wish there was a way to add his Vest, but I assume you've just replaced his default textured shirt? Interesting work none the less! 

Looks pretty good, though not a big fan on the shirt choices. I wish there was a way to add his Vest, but I assume you've just replaced his default textured shirt? Interesting work none the less! 

Yeah, it's just a texture mod. I don't know how to swap out models for clothes and/or add them, unfortunately - or rather, don't have the software to do so.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Thanks these are great. If I wanted the default outfit to be one of the other ones instead of the Face mask shield one would I just change the other pac to 367 and replace shield pac?

You would have to replace 367 which is the ring attire and 36704 which is the entrance attire. Don't forget to hex edit the pach inside the .pac files to match.
However, if you just want another attire as default selection, you can also just set a different attire to default in My WWE and Universe mode by editing the wrestler.

Hey Cave Waverider could you please do pofo and moveset files for the Young Bucks?

Not likely, no. I haven't seen the Jacksons enough lately to know their moveset (except that they have lately started to spam Superkicks and make them look harmless in the process). Besides, I'm incredibly busy working on something that might just make it easier for you and everyone else to do it yourself in the near future. ;)

czt32UY.png

Please do keep discussion in this thread on topic about the Ambrose 10+ Attires mod, however. Feel free to contact me about other topics via PM instead.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Thanks these are great. If I wanted the default outfit to be one of the other ones instead of the Face mask shield one would I just change the other pac to 367 and replace shield pac?

You would have to replace 367 which is the ring attire and 36704 which is the entrance attire. Don't forget to hex edit the pach inside the .pac files to match.
However, if you just want another attire as default selection, you can also just set a different attire to default in My WWE and Universe mode by editing the wrestler.

Hey Cave Waverider could you please do pofo and moveset files for the Young Bucks?

Not likely, no. I haven't seen the Jacksons enough lately to know their moveset (except that they have lately started to spam Superkicks and make them look harmless in the process). Besides, I'm incredibly busy working on something that might just make it easier for you and everyone else to do it yourself in the near future. ;)

Hidden Content

Please do keep discussion in this thread on topic about the Ambrose 10+ Attires mod, however. Feel free to contact me about other topics via PM instead.

Oh wow, that looks great! Anyway, sorry for bothering you

wZ6SNnK.png

Please do keep discussion in this thread on topic about the Ambrose 10+ Attires mod, however. Feel free to contact me about other topics via PM instead

Amazing work, and that program looks great 

• 2 weeks later...