The DLC Tab Discovery (very nice new discovery from Tekken's thread)

Cave Waverider

Found out what does it.

It requires two byte changes of the pofo. 1 to tell the game the character is DLC and 1 to tell the game what dlc the character is in.

Changing the 18th byte to 1 will tell you he is a dlc character (Normally locking him)

and if you change the third from last byte (or 366 offset from the front) to 10, 20, 30, ect a DLC you Haven "Purchased" the game now allows you to choose to pick that wrestler from the DLC Menu.

I've tested it on the Rock, and mincho's Yokozuna.

I've also called these bytes "DLC hex 1" and "DLC Hex 2" in my table for you to go straight to where you need to make the changes.

If you need clarification let me know.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/LDUzqwE.jpg

Question, when we use your DLC hex 1 and 2 do we change the 18th byte to 1, and the third from last to 10 on both addresses?

You change "DLC Hex 1" to 01 (=1 decimal) and "DLC Hex 2" to 0A (=10 in decimal). Alternatively, you can also set "DLC Hex 2" to 14 (=20 decimal), 1E (=30 decimal), 28 (=40 in decimal), 32 (=50 decimal)  or 3C (=60 decimal). It doesn't matter which one you use as you have all DLCs unlocked anyhow, personally I prefer to use 32, however, as it's the quickest to type for the 3 on the keyboard is right next to 2. :)

Ok, thanks for the clarification Cave Waverider

is the first dlc hex the 18th byte vertically or horizontally?

If you are doing this stuff in cheat engine it's just the first one.  If you are editing a pofo in HxD it's the 18 horizontally.

For the renders would it not be something as simple as adding the render into the DLC10-60 pac file in which you have linked the superstar to in their pofo?

There is no info in the pofo as to what render to use.  I could delete the pofo almost entirely and the render would still be there for each slot.

Nothing is Simple unfortunately. 

Thanks for splitting it off. I felt bad for it derailing Tekken's thread after I posted, beforehand I was just too excited about it. Sorry, Tekken. :)

EDIT FROM POZZUM: this is a split thread first from Tekken's thread: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/56234-tekken57-and-reds-pc-mods-the-final-four-benoit-released I thought it was important enough to be it's own thread and bring questions to this thread instead of tekken's.

Very curious observation: Benoit 494 actually shows up in the Bonus Superstars selection menu. Did you do anything special in the .pofo, .moveset file or anything else?
Or are the ch .pac files numbered higher than a certain number automatically treated as Bonus Superstars?
Or perhaps there is a list in one of the files that determines which slot is treated as Bonus Superstar?

It would be great if we could narrow it down so we could maybe add all the modded superstars, NPCs and Divas into the Bonus Superstars menu in the future.

Thanks for sharing the info

Edited by MDTornado

The render info is not contained in the pofo. If it was the added wrestlers would have the renders of the wrestler who's pofo was used as base.

For the renders would it not be something as simple as adding the render into the DLC10-60 pac file in which you have linked the superstar to in their pofo?

There is no info in the pofo as to what render to use.  I could delete the pofo almost entirely and the render would still be there for each slot.

Nothing is Simple unfortunately. 

I know but if I've read it right within the Pofo you flag which DLC set that superstar is from i.e 32 for DLC50. So my thinking was that within the renders file for DLC50 could we not add the renders for these superstars. I did try last night but couldnt work out how to full extract the files from the PAC files within the SSFACE folder.

Creating additional pac files with renders is not the problem. The issue is figuring out how these renders are referenced. The older games used an id to assign the render, the new games use some sort of hex codes in the name.

...Maybe we've been overthinking it. I mean we've all been banging our heads against the wall trying to get mods to show up as dlc, only to find out it was as simple as changing a couple of bytes in the pofo. So it really could be something just as simple...or not.

Creating additional pac files with renders is not the problem. The issue is figuring out how these renders are referenced. The older games used an id to assign the render, the new games use some sort of hex codes in the name.

It would be awesome to figure this out, I'm going to take a look later (I have the same dream about audio, not a problem to add files but how to access them ?)

Awesome find, new superstars will feel more "authentic".

Okay i've been having a looking at the render files for both Adam Rose (E1D29131) and Emma(75740B96 ) and within the PAC files within ltag_typeb_dlc50.pac I noticed that both of their HEX values so Adam Rose ch428 (AC01) and Emma ch435 (B301) are mentioned within the HEX of their retrospective PAC files, could this in someway be linking them to the superstar.

If so if we can find a way to add dummy files into the relevant pac file (ltag_typeb_dlc50.pac) and then copy the render file for a DLC superstar but change the HEX values to a different superstar pac file.

This may be nothing, but worth a look by one of you guys who are more adapt at this kind of thing than me.

2rwuexx.png

2ailr3m.png

Okay i've been having a looking at the render files for both Adam Rose (E1D29131) and Emma(75740B96 ) and within the PAC files within ltag_typeb_dlc50.pac I noticed that both of their HEX values so Adam Rose ch428 (AC01) and Emma ch435 (B301) are mentioned within the HEX of their retrospective PAC files, could this in someway be linking them to the superstar.

If so if we can find a way to add dummy files into the relevant pac file (ltag_typeb_dlc50.pac) and then copy the render file for a DLC superstar but change the HEX values to a different superstar pac file.

This may be nothing, but worth a look by one of you guys who are more adapt at this kind of thing than me.

Hidden Content

Those don't look particularly consistent. look into other render files as well to see if there is a pattern.

So this can be done in Cheat Engine? If so, how exactly would you about doing it? Anyone have a quick explanation for me? (I had to reinstall my game recently due to messing around in cheat engine :| )

Hidden Content

Those don't look particularly consistent. look into other render files as well to see if there is a pattern.

They seem pretty sporadic, I tried changing the value to a comm DLC reference (Kevin Owens) and it didnt change anything in game. So this looks like a dead end. I don't know if you added a new one copying from someone else and added the models PAC file into the relevent DLC folder instead of the standard PAC>ch folder could affect things though.

This is baffling me as there must be a simple link somewhere, is there someone who knows more about the coding of the game or maybe a dev we could contact about this taking into account 2K and Steam are very pro modding on this.

Awesome find, works like a charm. Now you can also deactivate dlc chars you don't use/need (that didn't work bevor, they got reactivated after reloading the save). Simply change the "DLC Hex 2" to a dlc number you did not "purchased" e.g. 70 or 80.

• Like 1

Hidden Content

They seem pretty sporadic, I tried changing the value to a comm DLC reference (Kevin Owens) and it didnt change anything in game. So this looks like a dead end. I don't know if you added a new one copying from someone else and added the models PAC file into the relevent DLC folder instead of the standard PAC>ch folder could affect things though.

This is baffling me as there must be a simple link somewhere, is there someone who knows more about the coding of the game or maybe a dev we could contact about this taking into account 2K and Steam are very pro modding on this.

so I have a slight feeling if these are super sporadic these are actually just some color signifiers that happen to have the same number as the actual pac file.  If I understand correctly if you change the extensions on these files they open as DDS correct?  Or is this a different file you are looking at.

Hidden Content

so I have a slight feeling if these are super sporadic these are actually just some color signifiers that happen to have the same number as the actual pac file.  If I understand correctly if you change the extensions on these files they open as DDS correct?  Or is this a different file you are looking at.

Yes I think these are the DDS files. It was just weird that the other HEX values werent found in the files just the one for who they were linking to which made me think it might be something but obviously not. I'll keep exploring though and if I find anything else interesting I'll pass the info on.

Awesome job with the discovery :) 

As for the renders, I remember seeing the same thing that chainsaw found. Turned out to be a dead end. There is definitely something in the render files that assign the render to a superstar as you can copy and paste the hex values into another file and that slot will have the render. Too much in that file however to narrow down what is causing the change. Even the superstar duplicates seem to have a vastly different file in terms of hex values. 

As for the renders, I remember seeing the same thing that chainsaw found. Turned out to be a dead end. There is definitely something in the render files that assign the render to a superstar as you can copy and paste the hex values into another file and that slot will have the render. Too much in that file however to narrow down what is causing the change. Even the superstar duplicates seem to have a vastly different file in terms of hex values. 

Is it the .DDS files that contains this hex data, or the .pac?

Edited by JAYMEETEE

Both the DDS and PACH files.

Both the DDS and PACH files.

So if we inject a .dds from one pac into another, it would change which wrestler it is for? And if you inject a .pac containing the dds into the .pach of someone else, it would do that also? I would think it would only be the latter, but I havent tested this.