Ps3 2k15 mods in 2k14 Tutorial

N'Jadaka

Thus was originally a PM response to a question someone sent me. I figured this needs to be a tutorial. 

Ok, firstly entrance attires work. So no changes are needed to them.

what you do is take the pach file from 2k15 and extract the 0000, 000a(which you'll have to edit, I'll expand that process later), 000c, & 2710(the hair file). And import them into a wrestler's pach file from wwe 2k14.

As for that 2k15 000a file, before you import it into the 2k14 pach you'll have to extract all the files from within it(mask, etc) and import them into a 000a file from 2k14. Then insert that into the 2k14 pach.

I tend to use pach files from similar characters so I did HBK to HBK, Kane to Kane, Hogan to Hogan. Ive noticed that the 000a files have different files in them for masked wrestlers like Rey Mysterio and sin Cara so you wanna stick to a wrestler who has comparable attire.

As far as the superstar threads files in the pach, I've found them to be hit or miss(some work some don't) that's something you'll have to plug and play on your own to figure it out.

With this method I've gotten HBK to Work, Luger, Retro Kane, Tekken's new Hogan, Warrior, Retro Taker, Sting, Andre the Giant etc. Would've had more but I have a full time job & a kid. Responsibilities first modding second.

• Like 1
  • Yes! 1

• 2 years later...

It works! I already made 5 superstars come back from other games. :)

Including Batista and Batista '03 from 2K16 as alt. attires for original 2K14 Batista which required some work trying to locate similar 000A.pac files in other wrestlers because Batistas in both games differ quite a lot and even dont have 2710 file. Took almost an hour but all went well. :) Working more and more on it

54 minutes ago, Impaler said:

It works! I already made 5 superstars come back from other games. :)

Including Batista and Batista '03 from 2K16 as alt. attires for original 2K14 Batista which required some work trying to locate similar 000A.pac files in other wrestlers because Batistas in both games differ quite a lot and even dont have 2710 file. Took almost an hour but all went well. :) Working more and more on it

Yeah, you have to search for wrestlers with similar attires(especially the wrestlers who are really muscular and only wear short trunks, ie Warrior, Luger, Batista, etc, or like a wrestler with a singlet vs another one with a singlet, I had tons of issues with Sting and D'lo brown due to this). I think from 2k16 onwards almost all pachs have those large 000a files where there are upwards of 10-12 mf files inside.

• Like 1

Another I assume important discovery I have made is that you CAN use a 000A file which has MF0-12 files and your target file have only MF1, 9 and 10. Others are unavailable. You do not have to search thru all the 2K14 000A files searching for this particular combo. You can take a MF0-12 kind of file and only inject MF 1,9,10 and leave the rest unchanged. The model will work just fine. I discovered this when trying to import Mr. McMahon  WM17 attire from 2K16. He only has 1,9,10. Kinda got pissed of at first but then laziness in me kicked in and I went with it and to my surprise it worked perfectly :)

Edited by Impaler

• 2 weeks later...

Here I made an Index of WWE 2K14 & WWE '13 Character PACH file structure in HTML. To make the search easier I have extracted all the PACH files from 2K14 and WWE '13 and made them into a structured HTML file where you can go through files that are inside PACH files and I'm sharing this with all of you. Hopefully this will save you some time so you enjoy the game more.

• 2 years later...