Is there anyway to rename Themes and Trons?

WholeFnJobberWLF

So I am embarking on some big changes in my game. I replaced a bunch of Titantrons and songs but I was curious if there was any way to rename them? I am a total newb when it comes to digging through pac files and what not. I did try opening the obvious files in HxD and did a small text search but came up empty so I am figuring it isn't likely right on the surface like that. Anybody manage to do this? 

You should be able to find the names in the string file and replace them.  Do you have X-Packer or Hex Editing Software?

I'm not sure if I understand what you want to change. What do you want to rename?

I'm assuming he means renaming the songs in the menus in create an entrance.

Unpac WWE 2K15\Pac\string.pac 

Extract 4000.pach for English

Extract File 0000 from the 4000 Pac

Open it in Xpacker it's in the WWE 2K15 Menu,

Sort by string to find the one you want to rename (You can't rename it more than 2 characters longer than the original name I think)

As always keep backups, and if you can't find the song names in the 0000 file they may be in another one.

Hope this helps.

I know you are a golden era fan, so i assume you replaced current gen trons and songs with old school ones. If you don't mind my asking, would you later share your edited string.pac?

Hey Kim, I would but it won't be all old school. It's a bit of a mix with some old school and some more current. I have Bret, Bulldog, Demos, Crush and more. But I also have Finn, Stardust, Owens and some originals. I will gladly share anything. Eventually I would love to make some sort of Old School Mod. Replace some of the worthless wrestlers if possible (Multiple Henrys and Sheamus' come to mind... we barely need one much less more than one). 

But a legend mod will have to wait until I have some time to figure it all out. 

Anyway, if you want me to change or do anything let me know. I can hook you up for sure. 

Edited by WholeFnJobberWLF

You should be able to find the names in the string file and replace them.  Do you have X-Packer or Hex Editing Software?

I'm not sure if I understand what you want to change. What do you want to rename?

I'm assuming he means renaming the songs in the menus in create an entrance.

Ah right.

Hmm, Nevermind on the String.Pac, only 4000 has a 0000.pac file in it, the others all have zlibs in them. 

You have to uncompress the zlib files'.

Awesome update! I found the Music section it's in 0003.zlib! 

Not really sure how or if they can be arranged alphabetically but I will take this as a small win. Thanks for all the help. 

Capture.PNG

EDIT: It looks like the Trons are in the same file as well. I am testing it now. 

Edited by WholeFnJobberWLF

• 4 months later...