Change superstar/diva name

Thom5on

so i wonder how tekken adds names to the files then as i tryed to change one with no name but it only lets you put one letter init and hes put 5 names in for the community creations that people are doing i was just curious thats all.

Search for the string you want in a hex editor. For example search 'Batista'. Let's say you want to rename it just 'Dave'. Put Dave over Batista and any remaining letters just 0 them out in the hex column with '00'.

Hello 

Search for the string you want in a hex editor. For example search 'Batista'. Let's say you want to rename it just 'Dave'. Put Dave over Batista and any remaining letters just 0 them out in the hex column with '00'.

Hello BEASTOD9, i have X packer, but how i can set the string for change name? For example i open my save PC game with wrestler info? double click on slot number? set the new name there? can you hep me??

Press ctrl + q to open the string.pac file. Extract 4000 (that one is the english strings). 

Press ctrl + 3 to open the 4000 PACH file.

Now uncompress the 0000 or all of them if you want. 

Press ctrl + 0 or O to open the string file. 

Just scroll or sort by filename till you find the name you want to replace. Change it to a name with the same amount of characters or less.

it's not easy fo me...i need steps by steps if you have time....like start with:

open X packer?

open wwe game in main menu??

ecc ecc..?

if you can help me!!!

thank youuuuuuuuuuu

Hello 

Hello BEASTOD9, i have X packer, but how i can set the string for change name? For example i open my save PC game with wrestler info? double click on slot number? set the new name there? can you hep me??

Press ctrl + q to open the string.pac file. Extract 4000 (that one is the english strings). 

Just scroll or sort by filename till you find the name you want to replace. Change it to a name with the same amount of characters or less.

it's not easy fo me...i need steps by steps if you have time....like start with:

open X packer?

ecc ecc..?

if you can help me!!!

thank youuuuuuuuuuu

Okay I'll try to do a step by step:

- Backup your string.pac somewhere first so you don't lose it if you mess up.

- Copy and paste the string.pac this time to the desktop

- Open X-packer and click ctrl + q and find the string.pac file you pasted to the desktop

- When you open it you'll see 4000 at the top, click extract and extract it to your desktop

- Now in x-packer press ctrl + 3 and open the 4000 file you just extracted

- Now you'll see a bunch of files, the ones with the names are 0000

- Make a new folder called uncompressed string or whatever you want to call it on the desktop

- Press uncompress at the top and save all files to the folder you created.

- In x-packer now press ctrl + 0 and go to the folder and double click 0000.pac

- Go to the right in x-packer and now you have to find the names, you can arrange them alphabetically by clicking on value.

- If you replace ADRIAN NEVILLE(14 characters including space) for example, the new name cannot be longer than that. It also counts the space. So double click the name and rename it and click okay.

- Once you have renamed everyone you want to, open 4000 again with ctrl + 3 and inject the 0000 file.

- Open the string.pac with ctrl + q and inject the 4000 file now.

- Drag to your game folder and overwrite, should now have the new names if you did everything correctly.

As for how tekken did it, I believe he changed a few entries that were unused (probably attire names) and in the save file he edited the name to match the hex values.

Hello 

open X packer?

ecc ecc..?

if you can help me!!!

thank youuuuuuuuuuu

- Open X-packer and click ctrl + q and find the string.pac file you pasted to the desktop

- When you open it you'll see 4000 at the top, click extract and extract it to your desktop

- Make a new folder called uncompressed string or whatever you want to call it on the desktop

- Go to the right in x-packer and now you have to find the names, you can arrange them alphabetically by clicking on value.

- If you replace ADRIAN NEVILLE(14 characters including space) for example, the new name cannot be longer than that. It also counts the space. So double click the name and rename it and click okay.

- Once you have renamed everyone you want to, open 4000 again with ctrl + 3 and inject the 0000 file.

- Drag to your game folder and overwrite, should now have the new names if you did everything correctly.

As for how tekken did it, I believe he changed a few entries that were unused (probably attire names) and in the save file he edited the name to match the hex values.

Beastod, now i try your step by steps....you have a infinity patient, i love this forum and you are one of the great person here. I hope i can set the string, but is not really important....if you come in Italy me and my wife we are very happy to host you for dinning in our home!!!

thank you

Beastod, now i try your step by steps....you have a infinity patient, i love this forum and you are one of the great person here. I hope i can set the string, but is not really important....if you come in Italy me and my wife we are very happy to host you for dinning in our home!!!

thank you

Haha thanks man, appreciate the kind words. I'll take up your offer if I ever visit :p. If you have any issues, let me know and I'll try to help more.

is the third time you explain the process step by step and each time I can risolver any problem !!! I followed your tutorial and everything works everything is ok , I managed to change the name to adrian neville , then It'll do the rest. it's okkkk workkkkk i'm happy!!!

I need 2 the last big favors to ask , then I promise I will not bother you again and we are waiting only for dinner .... I would need a tutorial to insert with x packer the renders and  1 tutorial for the theme songs ... I obviously you need as you did now step by step one for music and one for renders .... obviously both renders that music I've already downloaded ready to be inserted. thank you , David

step by step for renders

step bu step for theme song!!!

My wife is a super coocker we wait you and family!!!! thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Edited by napolenehotel

is the third time you explain the process step by step and each time I can risolver any problem !!! I followed your tutorial and everything works everything is ok , I managed to change the name to adrian neville , then It'll do the rest. it's okkkk workkkkk i'm happy!!!

I need 2 the last big favors to ask , then I promise I will not bother you again and we are waiting only for dinner .... I would need a tutorial to insert with x packer the renders and  1 tutorial for the theme songs ... I obviously you need as you did now step by step one for music and one for renders .... obviously both renders that music I've already downloaded ready to be inserted. thank you , David

step by step for renders

I'll send you a private message on here as it would be too long and would not help for the reason of this thread.

any idea as to why when i type in (GOLDBERG) over a name and it comes out (GOLDBERGJEFF HARDY). i can can previous edits to work no problem ie jeff hardy, finn balor etc.. can i only change so much in the string file? or ?

step by step for renders

I'll send you a private message on here as it would be too long and would not help for the reason of this thread.

ok thank a lot...now i take my time and i see all your tutorial. thank

I have a question that if you changed all the name then when you are in game, what name will the announcer and commentary call that superstar? For example: change del rio to finn balor?

I have a question that if you changed all the name then when you are in game, what name will the announcer and commentary call that superstar? For example: change del rio to finn balor?

Will still call Del rio unfortunately. Audio doesn't change.

Hey guys, I saw from videos that the announcer call the modding superstar with other name ( like when replaced Del rio w balor, he called him Fin Bo not del rio ) how to make that?

Man. We did.. You hit ctrl+f. Type in the name you want.. Just enter Neville or whatever. It'll find it. Change it. Repeat until all are changed. That's ALL you have to do...

i dont get it.....i open hex editor...i open string.pac.....i go search and i search for Batista...it says string not found.....i check text string...idk what am i doing wrong help me!

Hello 

open X packer?

ecc ecc..?

if you can help me!!!

thank youuuuuuuuuuu

i cant buy x packer 10 now..im buying it in couple of days.....i have x packer 8 now....i follow your steps i do everything right but when i sohuld press ctrl+0 and choose 0000.pac ...i press ctrl+0 and nothing happens so help!

Download keshire's pac tool here: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/56337-wwe2k15-tools-pac-tool/

Copy and paste string.pac to desktop and open in the pac tool and right click on 4000 and select extract. It will extract to a folder on your desktop now.

Open the 4000 file in a hex editor and now search for the names. It should show now. Replace them as suggested and then just follow the step for injecting the 4000.pac back into string.pac. Copy and paste your string.pac back into your game folder (backup your original first).

• Like 1

any idea as to why when i type in (GOLDBERG) over a name and it comes out (GOLDBERGJEFF HARDY). i can can previous edits to work no problem ie jeff hardy, finn balor etc.. can i only change so much in the string file? or ?

You have to add 00 in Hex Values (Before Jeff Hardy)... (Do this by opening it in Hex editor)

• 4 months later...

I try to follow your steps but when I press Ctrl + O to open de 0000.pac file X-Packer 8 shows an error that says: Invalid POF0 file selected. If I try to edit a name with the HxD editor I cannot find wrestler names either (Ctrl + F > String text > for example, "BATISTA".

Any help, please? Thanks in advice...

Edited by hbkronos