Change superstar/diva name

Thom5on

Search for the string you want in a hex editor. For example search 'Batista'. Let's say you want to rename it just 'Dave'. Put Dave over Batista and any remaining letters just 0 them out in the hex column with '00'.

I think . Is 00 so you could put Dave.... And that would zero them out itself.

That's how I did it. For Cody Rhodes, I changed it to "Stardust..." and it zeroed the letters out in hex automatically.

Oh big thing. It CANNOT be longer than the original.

And make sure you are searching text string not hex values.

Use HxD over any other. It's a lot easier IMO

Edited by TheBleedingRed21

What happens if you mess up the wrong hex values? Like you missclick another column and change the wrong value and for some reason can't find it back? If that causes critical problems am I SoL or is there some quick fix (I dunno, verify game cache with steam or something like that)?

ALWAYS save a backup file.

Never do anything without backing it up first.

ctrl+z to undo what changes you just made

These two pretty much sum up what you should do to account for mistakes.

ALWAYS save a backup file.

Never do anything without backing it up first.

ctrl+z to undo what changes you just made

These two pretty much sum up what you should do to account for mistakes.

They do indeed. Thanks.

Also I've always thought hex editing was done on the game's files themselves and not the save file, I'd have already thought about doing a backup otherwise.

Where to we change the entrance plate?  I hex edited Adrian Neville to Neville and Cody Rhodes to Stardust.  It works on the selection screen, however during the entrance it still displays the old way.

Where to we change the entrance plate? I hex edited Adrian Neville to Neville and Cody Rhodes to Stardust. It works on the selection screen, however during the entrance it still displays the old way.

when I was editing Bray Wyatts name I saw MULTIPLE bray Wyatts in the text string, I assume you're gonna want to edit any entries of Cody Rhodes and Neville that are in the hex, but don't quote me on that

Where to we change the entrance plate? I hex edited Adrian Neville to Neville and Cody Rhodes to Stardust. It works on the selection screen, however during the entrance it still displays the old way.

when I was editing Bray Wyatts name I saw MULTIPLE bray Wyatts in the text string, I assume you're gonna want to edit any entries of Cody Rhodes and Neville that are in the hex, but don't quote me on that

Thanks, edited all the Adrian Neville's and Cody Rhodes and it worked

Man. We did.. You hit ctrl+f. Type in the name you want.. Just enter Neville or whatever. It'll find it. Change it. Repeat until all are changed. That's ALL you have to do...