X-Packer 10 Tutorial - Editing your save file

tekken57

This tutorial is for X-Packer 10.4

Please familiarize yourself with these tutorials before attempting this:

Save functions

I had to code X-Packer to write values into the memory of the game as the save uses a custom checksum. You need to use the 64 bit version of X-Packer and also have the official dlc pack installed.

The process flow is as follows:

1. Start the game and get to the title screen i.e after the save has been loaded. Leave the game running and start X-Packer.

2. Open your save in X-Packer using one of the save options i.e moveset, wrestler info, etc. The save file is called  MAINBODY0000 and is in the C:\ProgramData\Steam\240460\storage folder. X-packer creates backup files and an uncompressed version of the save when it is opened, ensure that you open the original save file and not one of the files created by X-Packer.

3. Edit file as you would in previous games i.e. double the wrestler info, moveset, etc or inject a file into the save.

4. When you are done editing the save click the "Save changes into memory" button to apply the changes in the game.

5. Go to the game and see if the changes are applied i.e. wrestler name changed, moveset updated, etc.

6. If you are happy with the changes, do something in the game to trigger a save. I normally go into My WWE - Edit superstars and change the brand of one of the wresters. Once the game saves, the changes are permanent.

It's very important to save in the game or your changes will be lost. Also if you reopen the save in X-Packer without saving in game, the changes will also be lost.

Injecting of caws works the same as older games, you need the caw files and you need to inject the caw info into your save.

x_packer10_4.jpg

ADDING WRESTLERS AND EDITING WRESTLER INFO

To add wrestlers to game do the following:

1. Create a pac file with the wrestler id of the slot you want to assign the wrestler to. e.g Goldberg is assigned to slot 361, so the pac file is named ch361.pac and the pach files are named 00036102, etc. Read the alt attires tutorial if you are not familiar with this.

2. Copy your pac file to the pac -ch folder of your game installation directory.

3. Now you need to add an entry into the def file so that the game will load the file. Open your plistWin32.def in notepad and add an entry at the end for the wrestler pac you have just added e.g. Goldberg's pac file entry would be: pac\ch\ch361.pac

4. If you have existing wreslter info file, open your save an inject it into the relevant slot.

5. If you are creating your own wrestler info, open your save and edit the information. If you need more information on editing wrestler info read this tutorial and follow from steps 11 to 17:

6. When you are done editing the save click the "Save changes into memory" button to apply the changes in the game.

7. Go to the game and see if the changes are applied i.e. wrestler name changed, moveset updated, etc.

8. If you are happy with the changes, do something in the game to trigger a save. I normally go into My WWE - Edit superstars and change the brand of one of the wresters. Once the game saves, the changes are permanent.

EDITING MOVESETS

If you have an existing moveset file, inject it into the wrestler slot you wish to apply it to. If you want to edit the tron values, entrance motions, etc follow this tutorial and ignore the steps which involve le fluffie:

INJECTING CAW'S

Steps are as follows:

1. You need the other persons save file and caw files.

2. Extract the caw info from the other person's save. Take a note of the slot the caw was created in.

3. Start your game and create a caw in the same slot as the caw you will be injecting.

4. Copy the other person's caw files into your directory i.e. the C:\ProgramData\Steam\240460\storage directory.

5. Open your save file and inject the caw info into the caw slot you wish to overwrite. Save changes into memory, etc.

INJECTING TEAMS

Extract the team from a save and inject it into the slot you want. Double clicking the name of the team will allow you to assign a tron to the team. Read this tutorial if you need more info, ignore the le fluffie stuff:

Please note that all the above functions, need the game to be running to apply the changes.

Edited by tekken57
  • Like 3

So this means we can now add brand new wrestlers? Is there a limit to how many the game can have?

This is a great development and I'll be taking a look at this as soon as the new X-Packer drops.

can we get a video of this tutorial ?

Never learned to read? That must make life difficult

pardon

Oh sorry you cant read, no wonder you didnt understand.

please explain ? Im having troubles reading your comments

Enough, you've posted in a few of my threads now. There are tutorials on this site, take the time to read them and familiarize with them. Modding is not something which is easy, so give it time and dedication.

If you have any other questions, post in the help section, not in my threads.

how do i play as goldberg when im done with the tutorial?

Tekken's answer from the cdlc thread:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Set AJ Lee's gender to male. Select her under diva's and the scroll up or down. It will list all the male wrestlers.

• Like 1

Where is Goldberg supposed to show up? Bonus characters? I added him to the def list and copied the pac over but no goldberg. Thanks.

Set AJ Lee's gender to male. Select her under diva's and the scroll up or down. It will list all the male wrestlers.

Just a quick question regarding the "string" file.

Does anyone have a tutorial (or if you could even explain it if it's not too difficult) for how to add the strings to the file or change them?

Basically, I want to change Cody Rhodes' name to Stardust in my game. How would I go about doing that? I figured this would be the best place to ask since this topic covers adding new characters.
Edited by Elliot

Does anyone have a tutorial (or if you could even explain it if it's not too difficult) for how to add the strings to the file or change them?

Basically, I want to change Cody Rhodes' name to Stardust in my game. How would I go about doing that? I figured this would be the best place to ask since this topic covers adding new characters.

The strings pac can be edited with a hex editor (ie: HxD). Just make sure you edit the new strings pac in the DLC60/pac folder.

If I remember correctly you have to replace with a name of equal length, so search for Cody Rhodes and then replace with Stardust but zero out the remaining letters (00 in hex) so it comes out to the same length.

The strings pac can be edited with a hex editor (ie: HxD). Just make sure you edit the new strings pac in the DLC60/pac folder.

If I remember correctly you have to replace with a name of equal length, so search for Cody Rhodes and then replace with Stardust but zero out the remaining letters (00 in hex) so it comes out to the same length.

Thanks a lot, man. Worked perfectly. Just changed every instance of his name and 00ed out the remaining letters.

Thanks for this tutorial, but having trouble understanding, sorry new to all of this, I am trying to get goldberg into my game, i have changed aj lee's gender to male and saved the changes, put the correct files where they are meant to be i.e the ch,pofo and moveset file etc, I see goldberg in myWWE list with no render, but when i go to aj lee it just selects her? also i can't go into edit entrance for goldberg for easy or advanced it just loads and go back into the menu and when i try to load creation studio with goldberg the game crashed?

(Edit - Working now didn't realised you had to completely exit the game when saved changes made he's now showing up :) great mod)

Edited by Jimmycrane1986

Hey Tekken, everything is working great but I can't see the tron? i've placed the ent 361 bk file from the download into the correct folder but how do i get it to appear in the game, thanks

Have you injected the moveset file into your save?

Yeah done that as goldberg has jackhammer and spear etc and the triple h entrance already set, i'm wondering if i put the bk file into the wrong movies folder, does it have to go into the dlc60 folder and not the original pac folder before the dlc came out?

Edited by Jimmycrane1986