Universal Alternate Attire Unlock 2k15

Cave Waverider

Didn't work.   I'm able to replace existing entries just fine,  but any attempts I make to add anything to the file changes the size, which crashes it.  I'm wondering how the file with 100 wrestlers unlocked was possible while keeping the 100kb file size.

After it crashes once, start up it again, and try it again.  I've found that if the file size crashes it, that if you restart, it will often go through from there on out. 

Unfortunately it crashes repeatedly.   I must not be taking the proper steps to do this,  I just thought it might work.

according to Red's tutorial,

4) The 14 at the start tells the game how many Wrestlers have Alt Attires (14 in Hex is 20 in Decimal - there are 20 wrestlers with alts)

I thought if I changed this 14 to 15   (the 14 is actually 13 by default in misc_start_dlc60,  but whatever),  and then copied the alt attire info for sting:

9A 01 00 00 09 00 00 00 AD 8A 00 00 FF FF FF FF CA 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF CB 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF CC 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF CD 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF CE 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF CF 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF D0 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF D1 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF D2 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF

to the end of the section,  right before HID,  it would work.   It didn't.

Again,  I *am* able to use the mod just fine if I replace an existing alt attire section (replaced Heenan's at the moment).  I'd just prefer not replace anything if I don't have to,   while also avoiding having 10 attires unlocked for 100 guys right off the bat,  which I'll likely not need any time soon.

maybe you can help me. i hope i explain clearly what i'm trying to do, this is all pretty new to me. i tried out your mod but having 10 outfits for everyone isn't really needed for me at this point in time... what i'd like to do is be able to use, for example, a multi-attire sting mod. right now i have it working properly, but i had to replace bobby heenan's section in the misc_start_dlc60.pac. this isn't really a big deal to me, but what i'd really like to do is be able to add sting's stuff without replacing anybody. i thought i'd be able to increse the number at the beginning of the COS->HID section that says how many characters have alt attires by 1, and then copy sting's section in, but doing so changed the file size and resulted in the game crashing.

is this possible with only HxD? if so, could you explain how as if i were a total moron?

If you want, pm me and I'll give you the misc files you need. Just pm me a download link to your default misc as I lost mine lol. This way your arenas and etc do not change.

Only those with attires have attires and it has 100 slots to fill what you'd like. They are fully named so you need to edit the strings according the the tutorials.

Look forward to helping you :)

PM sent,   thanks.   I'd still like to know how to do this myself,  or at least what I was doing wrong.   I don't want to have to rely on others forever.  :)

I'll explain it. Just don't want to take over this wonderful thread as the way you want and that I've done defeats the purpose of what these guys have done to make it easier for others. :)

Trust me, I'd much rather you know then need me to update it everytime you needed :) haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, so I installed this mod to avoid Hex editing, but when it did it changed Goldberg's name into "Bray Wyatt (Manager)."

I honestly didn't want all attire names renamed to Attire 1, 2, etc. anyway (I like that John Cena's Money in the Bank attie is named Money in the Bank, etc.) so I reinstalled my backups, and Goldberg was  back to normal.

But now I'm trying to hex edit Sting 99 to add the extra attires from one of my favorite mods from this community... (I successfully unlocked Nash's alt from tekken's mod way back when) and despite all my reading and hex editing, I can't get it to work.

I downloaded Red Roosters miscStart pac file, searched COS for 99 01 and rewrote the values there like so:

99 01 00 00 05 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF AD 8A 00 00 FF FF FF FF AE 8A 00 00 FF FF FF FF B4 8A 00 00 FF FF FF FF 83 31 00 00 FF FF FF FF E7 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00

Then I went to DLC60 miscStart pac and added those same values before the HID line so it fell within the parameters.

Yet no alternate attires for Sting.

Can somebody help? I tire of bothering modders like Red Rooster or tekken, as it seems like they struggle to keep up with so many questions from people who don't even try to figure it out on their own as it is. Hoping somebody can help me.

Hi guys, so I installed this mod to avoid Hex editing, but when it did it changed Goldberg's name into "Bray Wyatt (Manager)."

I honestly didn't want all attire names renamed to Attire 1, 2, etc. anyway (I like that John Cena's Money in the Bank attie is named Money in the Bank, etc.) so I reinstalled my backups, and Goldberg was  back to normal.

But now I'm trying to hex edit Sting 99 to add the extra attires from one of my favorite mods from this community... (I successfully unlocked Nash's alt from tekken's mod way back when) and despite all my reading and hex editing, I can't get it to work.

I downloaded Red Roosters miscStart pac file, searched COS for 99 01 and rewrote the values there like so:

99 01 00 00 05 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF AD 8A 00 00 FF FF FF FF AE 8A 00 00 FF FF FF FF B4 8A 00 00 FF FF FF FF 83 31 00 00 FF FF FF FF E7 32 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00

Then I went to DLC60 miscStart pac and added those same values before the HID line so it fell within the parameters.

Can somebody help? I tire of bothering modders like Red Rooster or tekken, as it seems like they struggle to keep up with so many questions from people who don't even try to figure it out on their own as it is. Hoping somebody can help me.

Do you have x-packer? If you do its a whole lot easier.

I do, but despite reading the tutorials and trying it out, I can't figure it out and don't see how it's easier.

Maybe if you explain it in your own words, I could figure it out? Sometimes you need to hear it more than one way.

I apologize if this comes across as annoying. It's just been a tough road for me modding this game. Lots of failures and problems. I remember after attempting the hex-edit of Sting last night, I said to myself, "Please work. I just need a win with modding this game." And then it didn't work. So it's been rough.

I do, but despite reading the tutorials and trying it out, I can't figure it out and don't see how it's easier.

Maybe if you explain it in your own words, I could figure it out? Sometimes you need to hear it more than one way.

I apologize if this comes across as annoying. It's just been a tough road for me modding this game. Lots of failures and problems. I remember after attempting the hex-edit of Sting last night, I said to myself, "Please work. I just need a win with modding this game." And then it didn't work. So it's been rough.

Na it's fine, sometimes you just need to take a break and things become clearer.

That said here is what to do:

- Open your misc01_Start pac in a hex editor, search for the string COS

- Once you find it, after COS will be '00' and then the hexadecimal value for how many superstars have alternate attires.

- Your one is probably 14 which means 20 in decimal. To add one more superstar (sting) change this to 15 and save.

- Now open x-packer and press ctrl + m to open your misc file. Scroll to the bottom (usually this is where the extra superstar is). Edit the 0 to 409 which is Sting. Then change the number of attires to however many you want up to 10.

- Once you're done click save changes. You are done with this misc file.

- You now need to do the same for the misc_dlc60 file, starting from the hex editor step.

Hope this helps.

Na it's fine, sometimes you just need to take a break and things become clearer.

That said here is what to do:

- Open your misc01_Start pac in a hex editor, search for the string COS

- Once you find it, after COS will be '00' and then the hexadecimal value for how many superstars have alternate attires.

- Your one is probably 14 which means 20 in decimal. To add one more superstar (sting) change this to 15 and save.

- Now open x-packer and press ctrl + m to open your misc file. Scroll to the bottom (usually this is where the extra superstar is). Edit the 0 to 409 which is Sting. Then change the number of attires to however many you want up to 10.

- Once you're done click save changes. You are done with this misc file.

- You now need to do the same for the misc_dlc60 file, starting from the hex editor step.

Hope this helps.

It absolutely should've helped. I followed all steps no problem. Saved both misc01_Start and misc_start_dlc60 with the 409 entry with 5 attires, all with different names. But when I launched 2k15, no new attires for Sting. I even double checked the hex in each individual file manually and everything looks good... (X-Packer really does make it easier once you know how to use it!)... the Hex values look very similar to mine. 99 01 with 5 attires and all unlocked with FF FF FF FF with 00s in between the values... but it doesn't work.

I KNOW the ch409 pac file contains the alternate attires because it worked fine when I used this mod... but again, using the Universal Attire Unlock mod breaks Goldberg's name. So I'm really at a loss. I'm totally baffled as to why the hex editing is making zero difference whatsoever.

I KNOW the ch409 pac file contains the alternate attires because it worked fine when I used this mod... but again, using the Universal Attire Unlock mod breaks Goldberg's name. So I'm really at a loss. I'm totally baffled as to why the hex editing is making zero difference whatsoever.

If you don't install the string.pac from the Universal Alternate Attires mod (and thus only the misc01_Start.pac and misc01_start_dlc60.pac) and use the one from the with the working Goldberg string instead, you should still have the Goldberg name (but the 10 unlocked Attire names will likely Display as Wrestlemania-Wrestlemania 10). You could also check the two string.pac files for differences and simply replace whatever String Goldberg's name uses in the string.pac of this mod or vice versa.

On a side note, I'd like to kindly ask everyone to please take the discussion about general modding of alternate attires without using the Universal Alternate Attires mod to a different thread (like the respective tutorial thread), as questions and discussion about the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock specifically will go under and hard to discuss otherwise. Thank you very much.

Edited by Cave Waverider

If you don't install the string.pac from the Universal Alternate Attires mod (and thus only the misc01_Start.pac and misc01_start_dlc60.pac) and use the one from the with the working Goldberg string instead, you should still have the Goldberg name (but the 10 unlocked Attire names will likely Display as Wrestlemania-Wrestlemania 10). You could also check the two string.pac files for differences and simply replace whatever String Goldberg's name uses in the string.pac of this mod or vice versa.

On a side note, I'd like to kindly ask everyone to please take the discussion about general modding of alternate attires without using the Universal Alternate Attires mod to a different thread (like the respective tutorial thread), as questions and discussion about the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock specifically will go under and hard to discuss otherwise. Thank you very much.

Sorry Cave Waverider, I didn't mean to derail. Truth is, I'd prefer to use the Universal Alt Attire mod because at this point, it's the only way I can access the other Sting attires. I also greatly prefer the "Attire 1, Attire 2" name display to the WRESLTEMANIA 1, 2, etc. display.

However, the Goldberg name is still messed up, as it displays as Bray Wyatt (Manager). I tried searching in the string.pac file using a hex editor for multiple Bray Wyatt entries, but there's only the one, and I'm going to assume that's for default Bray Wyatt.

"You could also check the two string.pac files for differences and simply replace whatever String Goldberg's name uses in the string.pac of this mod or vice versa."

I think the issue is that the string,pac I was using has all the slots for the community DLC wrestlers named appropriately, but perhaps your string in the mod file does not? If this is the case, it would seem perhaps the best solution is to use the DLC string, the attires will appear as WRESLTEMANIA 1, 2, etc. and I can just go into the string and rename each as Attire 1, Attire 2, etc. Does this sound like a reasonable course of action?

Sorry Cave Waverider, I didn't mean to derail. Truth is, I'd prefer to use the Universal Alt Attire mod because at this point, it's the only way I can access the other Sting attires. I also greatly prefer the "Attire 1, Attire 2" name display to the WRESLTEMANIA 1, 2, etc. display.

However, the Goldberg name is still messed up, as it displays as Bray Wyatt (Manager). I tried searching in the string.pac file using a hex editor for multiple Bray Wyatt entries, but there's only the one, and I'm going to assume that's for default Bray Wyatt.

"You could also check the two string.pac files for differences and simply replace whatever String Goldberg's name uses in the string.pac of this mod or vice versa."

I think the issue is that the string,pac I was using has all the slots for the community DLC wrestlers named appropriately, but perhaps your string in the mod file does not? If this is the case, it would seem perhaps the best solution is to use the DLC string, the attires will appear as WRESLTEMANIA 1, 2, etc. and I can just go into the string and rename each as Attire 1, Attire 2, etc. Does this sound like a reasonable course of action?

That's correct. The Community DLC attire names aren't in the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock mod. And yes, you should be able to replace the Wrestlemania - Wrestlemania 10 Strings in the community DLC string.pac with Attire 1-10 or anything else and it should display that with the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock mod then (unless the community DLC uses/changes some of the Wrestlemania strings as well, but I think not).

Thanks to both Cave Waverider, and beatedot0. With your help I was able to get things back on track. Finally a win! If anyone else who looks at this thread runs into the same problem as me, I'd suggest using the misc01_Start files from this mod and the string.pac from the Community DLC and then just renaming the attires if you wish in the string, like Cave Waverider suggested. Once you figure it out it's actually a rather easy fix.

So hopefully this helps someone else somewhere down the line.

Something weird is happening on my game.

This isn't working (it was before) but now NONE of my alt attire mods are working.

I noticed first with Rick Rude's attires now I only have the default attire.... then Ric Flair "old school" with long hair, now it has short slick back hair...

All the others simply vanished.... I have tried to download this 3 times and copied it over, tested, and its not working.

What could be the cause of this?

As I'm having trouble with unlocking attires for some superstars, if I used this, could I turn off everyone and then only turn on the people I need?

Is it possible to rename them also - I assume there is a limited number of for rename.

Edited by Skeeno

Downloaded it, followed steps and put it in my game file. Now it takes ages to load. Have I done anything wrong/misread something?

It's hard to tell if one doesn't know what you did. If you used the same folder structure as in the archive, it should work without a hitch.

Does the game still load, just slowly or does it hang while loading and when? Do you have the game updated to the latest official version on Steam?

Edited by Cave Waverider

Downloaded it, followed steps and put it in my game file. Now it takes ages to load. Have I done anything wrong/misread something?

It's hHard to tell if one doesn't know what you did. If you used the same folder structure as in the archive, it should work without a hitch.

Does the game still load, just slowly or does it hang while loading and when? Do you have the game updated to the latest official version on Steam?

Had to rename files back to .pac - Game seems to work now. To me, there's no need to have 10 alt attires.

Cave Waverider,can you help ? Randy orton frome 2K Showcase"One more match",dont have slots of 10 attires,his got his original attire,and his attires unlocked in 2k Showcase,are blocked,but Orton frome "Hall of Pain"has 10 slots,but i need 10 slots of orton frome "One More match",how to edit this this attires ? 
Edited by Starkiller2000

Cave Waverider,can you help ? Randy orton frome 2K Showcase"One more match",dont have slots of 10 attires,his got his original attire,and his attires unlocked in 2k Showcase,are blocked,but Orton frome "Hall of Pain"has 10 slots,but i need 10 slots of orton frome "One More match",how to edit this this attires ? 

Thank you very much for the bug report. It seems like I've confused the IDs of the two DLC Ortons. I'll upload a fixed version as soon as I can.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Here we go, the new version is up and can be downloaded via the download link in the top post on the first page of this thread. Enjoy!

Changelog:

2015.07.07: VERSION 0.004 BETA
- Fixed the mistakenly switched IDs of the two DLC Randy Ortons for 2k Showcase compatibility. Now Randy Orton '11's 10 Attires are correctly unlocked as this Orton comes with 3 by default, while Randy Orton (H.O.P.)'s attires remain locked.
Edited by Cave Waverider