The Many faces of Sting - VADER Update Pg 18

wtferrell

Only issue you are going to run into WTF using misc files like that are when our full conversion mod drops, say bye bye to it. lol. UNLESS you can combine them somehow..

I might look into adding the sting and kevin nash in during beta release so people do not have to redo it!

Well seeing what progress you allready made on your project, I would gladly readd all the alt attires I currently added to my game once your project is released :D

as someone who doesn't have X-Packer and doesn't understand hex editing,  I appreciate the separate pac files very much.  Thanks!

You dont need Xpacker and no one understands Hex Editing until they try it.......

Learning how to edit your own misc01_start.pac is going to be essential for future mods, its not hard.

Edited by Red Rooster

as someone who doesn't have X-Packer and doesn't understand hex editing,  I appreciate the separate pac files very much.  Thanks!

You dont need Xpacker and no one understands Hex Editing until they try it.......

Learning how to edit your own misc01_start.pac is going to be essential for future mods, its not hard.

not hard for you.  I've tried it several times over the years,  never with any success.   your guide reads like a foreign language to me.   i just won't use mods that require it,  no big deal.

not hard for you.  I've tried it several times over the years,  never with any success.   your guide reads like a foreign language to me.   i just won't use mods that require it,  no big deal.

Ok its your loss bro. As time goes on more and more mods are gonna need it.

I wasnt born knowing how to edit Hex I had to figure it out like everyone else but back then there were no guides to help explain it. Everything is hard if you dont put in the effort.

Edited by Red Rooster

sitting here with misc01_start.pac open in HXD and Red's guide.  I have no idea what I'm looking for and nothing makes any sense.     there is no 9A 01 in the space between COS and HID.

i give up.

Edited by SkullTrauma

Skull download the second one from rooster guide and them just go to the F9 the last one (has 2 attire) and replace with 9A 01 and then do the thing from the guide.

all I see is gibberish.   I can't find a damn thing in here.   I have the section between COS and HID highlighted but even with the guide I can't tell where anything begins or ends,   it's just a jumble of random shit.

UUj5ECA.gif

just forget it.   i don't know how the hell you people do it.

Edited by SkullTrauma

sitting here with misc01_start.pac open in HXD and Red's guide.  I have no idea what I'm looking for and nothing makes any sense.     there is no 9A 01 in the space between COS and HID.

i give up.

There is no 9A 01 because Sting doesnt have any alt attires by default. Change the ID of another wrestler to 9A 01 and then Sting will have alt attires.

i can't wrap my brain around these random letters and numbers.   i don't *know* any wrestler IDs,   the only thing that makes any sense to me is that all these "FF FF FF FF" sections are attires that are unlocked.   i've been staring at this mess all evening and it's giving me a headache.

sorry to hijack the thread,  like i said before,  i give up now.

like rooster said you need to change one, just use the second file from his tutorial the one that open 92 new attires, and then do this.

0I3vdHC.jpg

they are all going to be call original so if you have x-packer change there.

PS: My first language is spanish so writing this is a little hard.

Edited by LordBird

like rooster said you need to change one, just use the second file from his tutorial the one that open 92 new attires, and then do this.

0I3vdHC.jpg

See in LordBirds example, the 9A01 is the wrestler ID then 2 bytes later is 06 which means the wrestler has 6 attires then 3 bytes later is AD 8A which is the attire name then 2 bytes and then FF FF FF FF meaning the attire is unlocked, then it repeats for the next attire etc.

I cant explain it more simply than that.

0I3vdHC.jpg

PS: My first language is spanish so writing this is a little hard.

i appreciate you trying to help, really, but you just say "do this" and then a bunch of gibberish.   i dont understand where to put it or what to replace,  or where what i'm trying to replace begins or ends. 

0I3vdHC.jpg

See in LordBirds example, the 9A01 is the wrestler ID then 2 bytes later is 06 which means the wrestler has 6 attires then 3 bytes later is AD 8A which is the attire name then 2 bytes and then FF FF FF FF meaning the attire is unlocked, then it repeats for the next attire etc.

indeed it's not really hard

Would love to see a Halloween Havoc 1990 attire

Gathering reference pictures now. Thanks

no problem man, im a big fan of your work so far.

0I3vdHC.jpg

Is it possible to do this with the older, free X-Packer?