The Many faces of Sting - VADER Update Pg 18

wtferrell

Starrcade 1997 Sting V1 Entrance

When a man's heart is full of deceit, it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul.
From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse.
A wrong that must be righted.
We look to the skies for a vindicator.
Someone to strike fear into the black hearts of the same men who created him.
The battle between good and evil has begun.
Against an army of shadows comes a dark warrior.
The purveyor of good with the voice of silence and a mission of justice.

THIS IS STING. 

Starrcade 97... 

Release V.1.1

:

DOWNLOAD NOW Update v1.1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r6305p2445dqbok/Starrcade_97_CH409_V1.1_Zip

update of the hair:  

StarrcadeFinalUpdate.png

Gloves:

StingEntrance.png

NWA 10 Attire Pac

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rcn7i8ongcebm09/ch410.zip

NWAPreview.png

NWA Attire Compilation.  It does overwrite the original Surfer Sting.  This is a different pack than the early WCW attires below. There is only 1, maybe 2 duplicates from that pack.  

Attire 1

Starrcade 88 with Entrance Jacket
Attire 2
NWA Phoenix no entrance jacket
Attire 3
NWA Great American Bash
Attire 4
NWA Roos w/ Jacket
Attire 5
NWA 88 vs Terry Funk Yellow and Black  w/ Jacket
Attire 6
Wrestler of the Year 88 Blue/Black Face paint w/ white pants w/ Jacket
Attire 7
NWA Chicago 88 vs Flair
Attire 8
Early WCW Great American Bash Attire no jacket
Attire 9 
Halloween Havoc 90 vs Sid
Attire 10
Pink White Black "Wrestlewar 89" w/ Jacket

CrowStingEntrance.png

ERMAH GERD... ITS STING

ERMAGERDITSSTING.png

I didn't show this one the other day. I didn't have a compilation picture made.  This is based off of the "Roos" Poster from the 80's. 

RooPoster.png

RooPoster2.png

I believe these are two of my final NWA attires.  I'm not sure how many that makes, but I figure it's enough NWA. 

The Red/White/Blue attire is a more modern facepaint, but I had already done another Great American Bash attire, so I just filled it in with the retro scorpion, etc.  The Pink/White/Black attire was one of my favorite from the NWA years as well, partially due to the pink and teal color combo on the tights.  It was just so "out there" of a mix of colors.  

GABNWA.png

GreatAmericanBash2.png

PinkWhiteBlackNWA.pngPinkWhiteBlackNWA2.png

RAT TAIL

In the meantime, I made a small tweak that I think makes a world of difference to NWA Sting. Most may not enjoy it as much as I do. I'm still tweaking it, but its a start.  I present, the rat tail, lol... 

NWA%20Update.png

I also tweaked the side of the hair, to make it less bushy, a closer cut on both sides.  

The scorpion and alpha was redone completely.  Probably not crazily noticeable, but it's much better in game IMHO.  

I've started playing around with Jackets for the entrance.  I'm working on a Great American Bash one, but currently, here's a Black/White Stinger w/ White/Silver/Black entrance jacket. Let me know what you all think.  Also, I've since updated his pants to Black with a White Scorpion on it. I think it looks better. 

StingWhiteBlack.png

StingWhiteBlackIntro.png

Alright fellas, after getting some requests for some late 95/96 era Sting, I started looking into it.  And well... The only thing that's for sure about the Stinger is... Nothing's for sure.... 

When a man's heart is full of deceit, it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul.
From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse.
A wrong that must be righted.
We look to the skies for a vindicator.
Someone to strike fear into the black hearts of the same men who created him.
The battle between good and evil has begun.
Against an army of shadows comes a dark warrior.
The purveyor of good with the voice of silence and a mission of justice.
THIS IS STING.

New preview

StingCrow.png

StingCrow2.png

First time appearing in Black & White

StingBlackWhite.png

Walkout on Nitro Attire:

StingWalkoutFace.png

StingWalkout2.png

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.  In game it looks great. I'll still make a few tweaks here and there, but I'm pretty happy with it. 

Here is a few new previews of some other early Sting attires.  

1990.png

This one is from the Galoob packaging.  I have the event name that he wore this attire to, but it escapes me right now:

Galoob.png

Here is the other attire that silentassassin47 requested:

nwa-sting2.png

New Preview: Chicago 88 vs The Nature Boy, Ric Flair

Chicago88.png

Project or Idea I had.  I know the name wouldn't be right, and I'm trying to figure out how to do this.  Perhaps it'll inspire someone better than I am to take a stab at it:

Vader.png

The release of my 8 attires, plus the original are located in the link below.  

Here's attire 10, but I may or may not add it.  It's white pants, red boots and red scorpion. Just didnt have time to grab a pic of it in game. 

attire10.png

NWA Project

And here's my new project.  Probably 3-5 NWA/UWF attires for the Stinger.  He was more aggressive with the jagged lines in his facepaints.  The scorpion I'm still adjusting.  I need to thin the torso of the scorpion, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it.  I know the colors are off on it as well, but the face paint and boots are pretty well matched.  The scorpion just needs to be darkened. Thoughts?

nwa-sting.png

8 ATTIRE RELEASE
Thanks to Scratcher for the awesome job compiling.  I believe BleedingRed21 may actually be hexing in the actual names for use in his mod as well, which will be awesome for us non hex inclined folks.  With that said:

The attires have the following order:

1 - Original Attire
2 - vs Rude Pink
3 - Multicolor Rainbow
4 - Fall Brawl 94 Black Red Gold
5 - vs Sid Green
6 - vs Cactus Jack I QUIT
7 - Capital Combat Promo
8 - Great American Bash
9 - Halloween Havoc 90

Preview of the attires
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GreatAmericanBash.png

New Release:
Halloween Havoc 90
Havoc90preview.png

Capital Combat Promo with Robo-Cop
Robocop.png

Sting-Release1.png

Sting-Release2.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrestlemania Sting

Hey guys, I've did a quick fix of Sting from Wrestlemania XXXI
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gfJ6w7dKWjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2015-05-05_00001.jpg

2015-05-05_00002.jpg

If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll upload it. Just a quick face retexture.

Edited by wtferrell
  • Like 6

I'd would love to use this, it's kind of weird though. It looks more like the modern Steve Borden, but with his "younger" body and hair. Still looks amazing, good work!

can u do this ? or any jeff hardy face? please

I can only do simple texture changes currently. I'm not getting into modding new wrestlers at the moment.

Definitely worth having. I'd love to see it uploaded. Great job.

Thanks for the input. I'll figure out where to upload it. 

I'd would love to use this, it's kind of weird though. It looks more like the modern Steve Borden, but with his "younger" body and hair. Still looks amazing, good work!

Haha, well, it's a direct texture from a screen cap of WM31.  It's default body and hair, as I don't get too much into the whole modeling, etc.  But I couldn't stand the default face texture. Made him look 100 years old, on a face paint that he used maybe once total? 

ill give it a download. i want to see how alt works so i could use this for now.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find a place to upload

yes please!

Thanks fraser.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to upload it? I have no accounts anywhere, and am a noob when it comes to uploading files. Whats the most user friendly place? 

Thanks guys

Mega? or use mediafire?

Going mediafire. Seems simple enough. Thanks

http://www.filedropper.com/ is just simple.

and 

https://www.mediafire.com is my favorite

Got it.  Appreciate the suggestions.  I've started a mediafire account. Uploading now. 

you could use sendspace or mediafire

Thanks sir

Sweet sting brah

Appreciate it brah. It's uploading now. Once I get more familiar, I may work on the attire/coat.

There's a current problem with the intro attire. It's defaulting back to the original for some reason. Let me figure out what the deal is with it. In game and in creation suite, it works fine. Just not the intro.

Thanks man, this is great, Also thanks for including the PAC file, and not just the insides of the Pac file. Makes it a lot easier for people who can't hex :D

Not a problem. 

Here's the new project texture. I'm going to have to figure out attire editing now, so I can do the singlet. Still some work to do on the face, to get that sorrowful look.

I literally cannot figure out the attires.  I may have to collaborate with someone who knows more about attires than I do. It's attrocious. I'm working on the bump map for 97 Starrcade Sting, to make him look less old as well.