Unlocking Alt Attires/ Adding Custom Attire Names Tutorials

Red Rooster

Unlocking Alt Attires

This Tut is for the noobs because the old school guys will already know how to do this :

1) Open Misc01_Start.pac in a Hex Editor

2) Search for the Text String COS

3) The section between COS and HID controls the Alt Attires for wrestlers who have them

6oliz4.jpg

4) The 14 at the start tells the game how many Wrestlers have Alt Attires (14 in Hex is 20 in Decimal - there are 20 wrestlers with alts)

5) Each wrestlers Attire info is 88 bytes long, the first 4 bytes is the Wrestler ID (in this case 66 which is 102 in decimal - Triple H)

fkvd6f.jpg

6) The next 4 bytes is how many attires the wrestler has (In Triple H's case this is 7)

7) The next 4 bytes is the attire name, you will have to do some experimenting to discover what text strings in the game can be used (In this case AD 8A is Original Attire)

8) The next 4 bytes tell the game if the attire is locked or not - set them to FF FF FF FF to unlock the attire (below is Triple H with all attires unlocked)

5yyc5k.jpg

9) The next 4 bytes are the next attire name and then the 4 after that are the locked status and it continues like this until the next wrestler ID

10) Each wrestler in the COS section has space to have 10 Attires. To Assign 10 attires you would set the attire number to 0A.

Here is a version of the Misc01_start.pac that I modded to unlock all the locked attires. Just replace the one in your pac folder with this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oox8wf5408784kd/misc01_Start.pac

Ok it turns out there is a max of 100 wrestlers in the misc01_start.pac here is one with all the default alt attires unlocked and 100 slots.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4gt26ucd61dkc7g/misc01_Start(4).pac

Cave WaveRider has made a misc01_start.pac with all 100 wrestler slots with 10 attires assigned to each.

Creating Custom Attire Names

You will need Xpacker (can be done manually but it would be a pain in the ass so Im not going to explain it)

Backup your String.pac first just in case you screw the pooch.

1) Attire names, wrestler names and any other text in the game is stored in the string.pac. Open it with Xpacker 10.2.

2) Inside string.pac are 6 pach files 4000, 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4005 & TIME.

Extract 4000.pach it contains the english strings. Save it somewhere on your PC.

3) Open PC pach file. Inside are files named 0000-000F. These files contain the stings.

4) I have chosen to replace the text that is the names for the various unlockables on the Unlockables Screen of the options. These are strings 69DC - 6A53 in 0000. There are many more strings we can use but these are easy to find and will only effect the screen shown below.

29njn9g.jpg

5) Press the Uncompress button next to 0000 and save the file somewhere on your PC.

6) In Xpacker under the 2k15 menu (not PC Pac Menu) select Strings Pac 0000 file and then browser to your 0000.zlib.uncompressed file that was created in step 5.

7) you will now see all the string addresses contained in 0000. If you double click one of the addresses Xpacker will open a dialogue box showing what text string it contains. Eg. the pic below shows the text string in 69E6

eal08z.jpg

7) You can replace this text string with whatever text you like as long as it is the same length or shorter than the original text.

8) Open 4000.pach with the PC Open pach function of Xpacker

9) Press the Inject button next to 0000 and then browse to your 0000.zlib.uncompressed file and press Open.

10) Open PC Pac file string.pac and press the Inject button. Browse to your 4000.pach file and press Open.

11) Now you need to edit the name value of the attire in misc01_start.pac. Open it with a Hex Editor and find the Attire name you want to replace. (refer to the Alt Attires Tutorial Above)

12) Change the Hex Address of the attire name. The address is reversed from the address inside 0000 Eg. if you changed 69 E6 as shown in the example above then in the Misc01_start.pac you would put E6 69. My misc01_start secction for Tekkens Kevin Nash Attires is shown below.

25tjbrs.jpg

nbdyqg.jpg

Dont ask me to upload my files, do it yourself, its very easy and will be helpful for you to know how to do it for the future.

Stings Already in the game

These strings can be used for attire names (thanks Scratcher) make sure you reverse the bytes eg 8A AC will be AC 8A in the misc01_start.

RANDOM - 8AAC

ORIGINAL - 8AAD
SUMMERSLAM '02 - 8AB1
SUMMERSLAM '11 - 8ABC
SUMMERSLAM '12 - 8ABA
RAW (Oct 28, 02) - 8AAF
RAW (Nov 25, 02) - 8AB6
RAW (Dec 02, 02) - 8AB7
RAW (June 07, 04) - 8ACF
RAW (July 25, 11) - 8AB8
RAW (July 15, 12) (John Cena Attire - 15th was a Sunday, probably a typo by the gamedevs lol) - 8AC9
RAW (July 16, 12) - 8ABE
RAW (July 23, 12) - 8ABF
RAW (Aug 13, 12) - 8AB9
RAW (Sept 16, 12) - 8ACA
RAW (Nov 12, 12) - 8AC1
RAW (Feb 25, 13) - 8AC5
SURVIVOR SERIES '02 - 8AB5
SURVIVOR SERIES '11 - 8AC7
SURVIVOR SERIES '12 - 8AC2 + 8ACC
HELL IN A CELL '11 - 8ABD
HELL IN A CELL '12 - 8AC0
NOC '11 - 8AB4
NOC '12 - 8AC6
ROYAL RUMBLE '04 - 8ACB + 8ACE
ROYAL RUMBLE '13 - 8AC3
ELIM. CHAMBER '13 - 8AC4
MTB '11 - 8ABB + 8AC8
ARMAGEDDON '02 - 8AB0
ARMAGEDDON '03 - 8ACD
BAD BLOOD '04 - 8AB3
BACKLASH '03 - 8AB2
PANTS - 8AAE
SATURDAY NIGHT'S ME XXIV - 8ADC

DLC Wrestlers:
SMACKDOWN (May 6 '11) - 8AD0
SMACKDOWN (May 13 '11) - 8AD1
SMACKDOWN (May 27 '11) - 8AD3
SMACKDOWN (June 3 '11) - 8AD5
SMACKDOWN (July 22 '11) - 8AD6
SMACKDOWN (Sep 30 '11) - 8AD7
SMACKDOWN (Dec 2 '11) - 8AD9
RAW (Mar 25 '13) - 8ADB
OVER THE LIMIT '11 - 8AD2
CAPITOL PUNISHMENT '11 - 8AD4
SUMMERSLAM '90 - 8ADD
SUMMERSLAM '91 - 8AE0
VENGEANCE '11 - 8AD8
WRESTLEMANIA 7 - 8ADE
WRESTLEMANIA 12 - 8AE1
WRESTLEMANIA 29 - 8ADA
WWE LIVE '91 - 8ADF

NWO - 3183

WRESTLEMANIA 1 - WRESTLEMANIA 31 - 32CA - 32E7

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 2

This Tut is for the noobs because the old school guys will already know how to do this :

1) Open Misc01_Start.pac in a Hex Editor

2) Search for the Text String COS

3) The section between COS and HID controls the Alt Attires for wrestlers who have them

6oliz4.jpg

4) The 14 at the start tells the game how many Wrestlers have Alt Attires

5) Each wrestlers Attire info is 88 bytes long, the first 4 bytes is the Wrestler ID (in this case 66 which is 102 in decimal - Triple H)

fkvd6f.jpg

6) The next 4 bytes is how many attires the wrestler has (In Triple H's case this is 7)

7) The next 4 bytes is the attire name, you will have to do some experimenting to discover what text strings in the game can be used (In this case AD 8A is Original Attire)

8) The next 4 bytes tell the game if the attire is locked or not - set them to FF FF FF FF to unlock the attire (below is Triple H with all attires unlocked)

5yyc5k.jpg

9) The next 4 bytes are the next attire name and then the 4 after that are the locked status and it continues like this until the next wrestler ID

10) Each wrestler in the COS section has space to have 10 Attires. To Assign 10 attires you would set the attire number to 0A.

Here is a version of the Misc01_start.pac that I modded to unlock all the locked attires. Just replace the one in your pac folder with this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oox8wf5408784kd/misc01_Start.pac

THANK YOU!

Hey could you do that but instead of that you unlock every character? And also unlock every story in Universe mode? If you can that would be awesome to hear back from! 

Hey could you do that but instead of that you unlock every character? And also unlock every story in Universe mode? If you can that would be awesome to hear back from!

Dont you think I wouldve already.... :smack:

• Like 1

Dont you think I wouldve already.... :smack:

Ahaha fair enough I didn't think that one too much through ^_^

To unlock every story in universe mode just simulate universe mode for 3-5 years, then reset the universe mode where you can have all the stories unlocked.

To unlock every story in universe mode just simulate universe mode for 3-5 years, then reset the universe mode where you can have all the stories unlocked.

that actually worked x). Honestly the only thing I didn't want to go through again after ps4. Thanks Jobber :D.

I understood that part, but where do I find the values for wrestlers who don't have any alternate attires? 

I need to change the values so I can add some attires in the Misc editor.

I understood that part, but where do I find the values for wrestlers who don't have any alternate attires? 

You can either replace the ID of a wrestler who does had alts or edit the COS section so you can add more wrestler IDs to it.

You can either replace the ID of a wrestler who does had alts or edit the COS section so you can add more wrestler IDs to it.

Thanks. Replacing worked fine, but how do I add values for new wrestlers without changing the size of the misc file?

Sorry to bother

Thanks. Replacing worked fine, but how do I add values for new wrestlers without changing the size of the misc file?

Sorry to bother

You would have to change the size of the misc file.

When addiing attires to wrestlers who don't have any, would i just add parts in between the COS and HID then change the attires in xpacker? or would that not work..

Edited by PRINCE B3ASTIIE

When addiing attires to wrestlers who don't have any, would i just add parts in between the COS and HID then change the attires in xpacker? or would that not work..

It crashed the game for me.

just tried it gets read in xpacker but the game crashes after the splash screen.

just tried it gets read in xpacker but the game crashes after the splash screen.

Pretty much the same for me. Although I didn't even find the ID I added in XPacker. Also all of the attire names reset to 2E51 (or something similiar).

Thank you for sharing the misc01_start.pac

I actually managed to get new alt attires for Wrestlers into the game that normally don't have any for this. Only drawback is, that all attires are set to "RAW" as name in XPacker and the standart names that are used ingame are not available. So you have to change the name values in Xpacker for all attires when you change the misc for the first time.

To add an attire to a wrestler with non:

Copy a wrestler PAC file that has the desired number of attires

Rename it to the number of the wrestler you want to add attires to

open it in HEX editor

scroll down a little till you find the PACH numbers and rename them to the PACH numbers needed for your new wrestler

now you can inject the PACH files without problem

Hope my instruction is clear enough, if someone can explain better than me please feel free to do so ;)

Thank you for sharing the misc01_start.pac

I actually managed to get new alt attires for Wrestlers into the game that normally don't have any for this. Only drawback is, that all attires are set to "RAW" as name in XPacker and the standart names that are used ingame are not available. So you have to change the name values in Xpacker for all attires when you change the misc for the first time.

To add an attire to a wrestler with non:

Copy a wrestler PAC file that has the desired number of attires

Rename it to the number of the wrestler you want to add attires to

open it in HEX editor

scroll down a little till you find the PACH numbers and rename them to the PACH numbers needed for your new wrestler

now you can inject the PACH files without problem

Hope my instruction is clear enough, if someone can explain better than me please feel free to do so ;)

I think that's the same as renaming the PACH files in XPacker.

@kim666 thanks a lot :)