Tutorial - Run the game with no arc files

UndertakerWLF

You don't need to delete the .arc files. The game just ignores them when you start with the modded eboot. I guess you have mods installed?  It seems the game gets unstable if you run it with the modded eboot and have mods installed. Oddly enough the us version of the game is more sensitive, I had less problems with my eu version.

Even if this is a great find and works on the pc version, we may need to go back and still use the .arc files on PS3. It's just pointless if you can only install a few mods.

Here is a modded eboot.bin that still needs the .arc files but you don't have to rename the modded files anymore. You can also delete the complete "pac" folder from your game folder. The game reads now all (except dlc and arc/def files) from the GAMES folder.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/22n3s9

• Like 1

Thanks Kim! I have the U.S. version and started to notice how my game acts up when I try to do anything really. I do have a ton of mods already. I tried with the arcs still present and deleted. Back to the drawing board I go!

Bugys and red rooster started a legend mod project for 2k14 replacing all current guys in wwe2k14 with legends.

I started to try this on PS3, if you want i can send you my test files.

Hey Kim!

Yeah that would be awesome of you to share those test files! Maybe I can contribute with a legends PS3 project once I shake the rust off of modding :)

Edited by cparker33

• 3 years later...

I wonder if its possible to modify the eboot.bin somehow to increase allowed arc size. Has anyone tried looking for it?

After finishing all the modding I set out to do I will try to make the game arc-less just for the sake of testing it to see if my mods are still performing okay.

Also having the option to make arc file bigger would be awesome if you do not want to ditch any modes you may have removed from arc.

Edited by Impaler

• 3 weeks later...

I have played with it for quite some time and I'm affraid it does not work for me as I would like.

Before trying that I had Create an Arena and Wrestlemania modes removed from the arc and def files.

I modded the eboot, the game loads fine.

I have added back the entries in DEF file for create an arena - and the game does not even boot. black screen at the start immediately. any ideas anyone?

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2015 at 12:39 AM, UndertakerWLF said:

Would love an updated link now in 2020 Please

Heres the guide on how you edit your Eboot file to remove the arc entry so you can run your game without arcs or having to update them.

First download this - http://www.mediafire.com/download/c747p73mcchzpku/TrueAncestor_SELF_Resigner_v1.91.zip

IMPORTANT! Make a backup of your arcs and existing Eboot.bin, I will not be held responsible for any screwups you do to your game because you either think you know it all or are to lazy to back them up.

1. Create a folder called Trueancestor and extract Trueancestor into it
2. Copy your Encrypted Eboot into the the folder
3. Launch Trueancestor and select option 1, this will decrypt the Eboot for you and create a seperate .ELF file and keep the app open.
4. Open the .ELF file and search for the word PLISTPS3, the first entry that is shown should be the arc files.
5. Remove this entry by overwriting with 00'S

arc%20entry%20final_zpsavmlr0g9.png

6. save the .ELF file
7. Back to Trueancestor select option D, then option y and finally option 2. This will Encrypt your .ELF file and turn it back into an Eboot.bin file.
8. Place your Eboot back on the PS3, depending on how you have your backups play you may have an Eboot in both the Game and Games folder on the PS3 HDD, you must replace all instances of the Eboot.

*There are additional arc entrys for DLC, however do not remove these as this will break your DLC, I have not found a way around the DLC arcs as of yet.

*Also at the moment I cannot add anything to the Eboot as I think it is has a checksum which I am not able to figure out yet, if you add anything to the Eboot the game will crash.

Now the way this method works is that the game scans for the original game files but will also load anything additional.

So for example I have ch100 which is the Rock, and I want to add additional attires which will make the pac larger than the original.

Keep the original game file in place but rename the modified pac to 100.pac and add it into your games folders, also update the def file by removing the ch infront of ch100.pac so it reads 100.pac.

If you have a pac from another game you want to add and it is the same name as the one in the current game you will need to rename it.

For example DLC_HD.pac alreasy exists so rename your additional pac file DLC_HD_NEW.pac or to whatever convention works for you, also add the entry at the end of the def file.

I'm still studying the Eboot and what else it can do, so by all means if you find anything useful please post it!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Edited by Drum Dude
Would love an updated link now in 2020 Please

• 2 months later...

On 6/11/2015 at 10:13 AM, kim666 said:

It seems the game gets unstable if you run it with the modded eboot and have mods installed. Oddly enough the us version of the game is more sensitive, I had less problems with my eu version.

can you be more specific what was happening to you? what problems? freezes?

• 2 years later...
On 6/11/2015 at 2:13 AM, kim666 said:

Here is a modded eboot.bin that still needs the .arc files but you don't have to rename the modded files anymore. You can also delete the complete "pac" folder from your game folder. The game reads now all (except dlc and arc/def files) from the GAMES folder.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/22n3s9

Is this modded eboot file still available?