PS3 CDLC

N'Jadaka

I have been trying to add dlc characters to my ps3 using the AJ Lee glitch. I cannot get more than 4 to work properly without having issues with my arc file. Whenever I add that 5th character something always goes bad. Either the Arc file won't work or the game data gets corrupted(& yes I've deleted my fdat file a long time ago). I thought that it was a bad slot glitch but it just isn't working at all.

I also tried using the tutorials to just add the dlc as instructed in tekken's tutorials(using X-packer's new ps3 save compatibility). But for some reason the dlc's won't load up whatsoever.

I'm at the point of going to ccapi debugger & doing it that way. I've gone through this site & have exhausted every little tip I've seen. I have successfully added alternate attires, figured out the 2k15 problem, but these cdlcs just will not work past 4 characters. I'm almost at the point of just switching to a jtag. Is there anybody else having these issues or any insight in what's going on?

Thank you! Yes, they all worked using the AJ glitch(need to edit the strings and add renders but that's no problem). How did you do that without updating the arc & def files?

Edited by rj10018576

I get that you added the pachs to the one pac file. But can you give me a step by step breakdown of this method because when I tried to duplicate it the dlc characters that I added this way would freeze my ps3 upon loading(I'd get a "please wait" message from the playstation system in a outside menu as if I pressed the playstation button during gameplay)

I went in today to pull the files to upload & decided to try it one more time to make sure I had covered all my basis & it worked. I may have had a issue with my ftp transferring everything correctly but it is working now. Thanks a lot man. Any tips on editing strings & changing renders with the ps3?

Here is my string file https://www.sendspace.com/file/8ph1z2

Don't know if it will work for you, it depends on your PS3 system language. Place the file in catalog005/pac and don't forget to update both catalog.arc files in catalog005/info

Adding the custom renders file never worked for me on wwe2k14 (strangely it works on wwe2k15). I replaced Renders from Wrestlers, wich i don't like/care.

To be more elaborate, when I go to create a scene in story mode & I go to the character select to change my character, the game freezes up while attempting to load the character select screen.

like i wrote above create a story won't work with custom dlc.

The entrance is set to the id number of the wrestler by default, the game trys to load this entrance, but this entrance don't exists for you custom dlc wrestler. You need to change the entrance to a existing one in x-packer

or simply follow this easy guide for create a entrance

Edited by kim666

Wow 2k15 removed story mode?!?! Ok, one more question. I know you can replace characters in 2k14(i.e. Titus O'Neal into Bray Wyatt), can you change their in-ring commentary so they don't refer to them specifically like the cdlc(so if I replace Titus with bray they don't call Bray Titus in the match commentary). I am aware of the sound hack but I know there's tons of in game commentary bits from Cole, King & Ross. I just wondered if there was a easier way to just turn that function off.

Edited by rj10018576

Wow 2k15 removed story mode?!?! Ok, one more question. I know you can replace characters in 2k14(i.e. Titus O'Neal into Bray Wyatt), can you change their in-ring commentary so they don't refer to them specifically like the cdlc(so if I replace Titus with bray they don't call Bray Titus in the match commentary). I am aware of the sound hack but I know there's tons of in game commentary bits from Cole, King & Ross. I just wondered if there was a easier way to just turn that function off.

Nope there is no way to do that.....

Nope there is no way to do that.....

This IS possible :)

• 3 years later...
On 3/24/2015 at 5:05 PM, N'Jadaka said:

I'm trying to revisit this question in 2018. For example if you replace one ingame superstar with another one and do not want commentary to call Sting as Justin Gabriel is there any trick to make the game call the newly imported character as something general like when CAWs are being commented on. Without names and in general lines that fits anybody? @N'Jadaka @kim666

Edited by Impaler

1 hour ago, Impaler said:

I'm trying to revisit this question in 2018. For example if you replace one ingame superstar with another one and do not want commentary to call Sting as Justin Gabriel is there any trick to make the game call the newly imported character as something general like when CAWs are being commented on. Without names and in general lines that fits anybody? @N'Jadaka @kim666

Yes just set the wrestler id in the save to a number that is not one of the original game wrestlers, thats what we did in WL

• Yes! 1

7 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Yes just set the wrestler id in the save to a number that is not one of the original game wrestlers, thats what we did in WL

you mean open save file in x-packer, open up the slot of replaced character and for example replace 397 with 793

oMewEf0.png

Since I had no luck with catalog.dlc file method today I decided to go another route and try AJ Lee Glitch for the first time.

Surprisingly and quite easily I manged to add 22 new characters along to my 1 CDLC character. All of the characters showed up in matches and did not glitch. Any idea how far can I go with that? If I reach at least 100 - I'm golden and shouting from the rooftops. :D will work tomorrow more on that.

Edited by Impaler