'Game Data Corrupt' [SOLVED]

Def Dave

Hey guys, I'm sure this is a stupid question but I searched and searched and couldn't find any info about it here (or if was there, I'm such a noob that I didn't realize the answer was right there in front of me).

After having a blast modding SVR11, then regretfully leaving the PS3 custom firmware wonderland a couple years ago, I have been inspired by the modders here such as Bugsyboy, Redrooster, UndertakerWLF, Tekken, and others to get back into it.  I shipped off my PS3 to have cfw installed and now I'm good to go with Rebug 4.65 and Multiman.

Last night, I backed up my 2k14 to the PS3 internal hdd and was about to start installing community DLC, but a prerequisite is to have the official DLC backs installed.  No problem.  I had purchased and installed those when I bought the game so I thought it would be smooth sailing but nope.  I don't know why, but when I run the game from the hdd, it tells me the Game Data is corrupt and that I should delete it and relaunch the game.  This same error does not occur when I run the game off the original disc though.

I suppose I could delete the game data, but I would rather not if there is any other way around this.  I have tons of great stuff saved for this game and I've heard (but perhaps this isn't true?) that this year unlike previous years, Game Data stores all creations.  I FTP'd all my WWE 2k14 data to my computer and I could rebuild a save but surely there's an easier way.  Surely I'm just missing something simple, right?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any assistance with this.  I'm itching to get my mod on.   :)

UPDATE:  Now we're cookin'!  I decided to take a risk and just delete my 2k14 Game Data and if it deleted my caws as well, then just build a new save with them later since I have the .cas files backed up.  I deleted the Game Data and reinstalled the official DLC, booted up the game and everything is intact and running off the HDD.  Now time to add some community DLC and get down to bid'ness!  

Edited by Def Dave

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...