Titan83's Mods - Last Mod - William Regal

Titavius

So I decided to go back to work on my 2000’s era Raw Is War Arena, as looking back, there were a lot of things I’d have done differently. The set itself has been completely re-built from the ground up. Here’s a brief run-down of the changes made.

·   Improved Accuracy – Everything is as accurate to the original as the game will possibly allow. This includes size, scale, lighting and textures.

·   New Lighting – The lighting itself is completely new. My previous attempt didn't have a lot of stage lighting at all, as I was just using what was already there. This time, it’s accurate.

·   Version – This time, the set is based on the one used from Dec 13th 1999 to Jun 25th 2001. The central minitron is gone, instead wrestler minitrons will play through the two sidetrons during entrances. This version was featured in many games, including Smackdown’s 2 and 3, Wrestlemania 2000, Raw and of course No Mercy.

I've learnt so much about Arena modding. I feel as though there’s nothing I can’t do at this stage. I've solved  all those little glitches that used to really bug me (including the vanishing and reappearing object glitch), and I can inject pretty much any object into any slot from any of the last four games, including CAA items, and it will load flawlessly (thanks to tekkens tutorials).

I hope one day community Arena DLC becomes a reality. The environments play such a big part in these games and to be able to include them as DLC would just be awesome.  

1_zpsgarddohu.png

2_zpszqjc5pwr.png

3_zpsxwbgltuy.png

rock_zpsyib2wdpt.png

*Actual Arena

WWF_Raw_Is_War_Stage.jpg

WOW!!!

I've been waiting for this for a very long time. Just a little tweak need to be made: The titantron shouldn't be framed with red light.

Off topic, I'm having problems placing 12'-13' arenas in my game(2k14). I've followed the "replacing arena' tutorial and everything worked great(almost), but whenever there are more than 3 superstars in the match(tag matches, battle royal,...)  the arena(Nitro) revert back to the original one(NXT arena in my case). What's the solution?

Thanks in advance.

quick update on what I've been up to. 

The Smackdown '03 Arena is almost done, just needs polishing here and there. Raw Is War 2000 again needs a slight polish, and some of the lighting will be altered. Now for something new..

Unforgiven 1999

3_zpswovxoviq.png

4_zpsmuz4dgwm.png

Survivor Series 1999

1_zpsq5rektee.png

2_zpsoliiw1at.png

Damn, they look incredible. We need to find a way to add arenas as DLC 

Why not just find out how to replace Create-an-Arena slots with modded arenas?

Yeah Titan that sound like a piece of piss, why dont you just do that..... :p

For real. And to think Titan made it sound like he knew so much about arena modding... How would he not think of that? It's not like we haven't been able to use CAW slots for mods for ages.

Jokes aside, those arenas are absolutely mind-blowing. I honestly had to take a second to think if the parts for the Unforgiven and Survivor Series '99 arenas were in CAA or not because of how well those turned out. You're going to have to share some of your secrets, man--especially in regard to that whole disappearing/reappearing parts issue. I truly applaud your work.

For real. And to think Titan made it sound like he knew so much about arena modding... How would he not think of that? It's not like we haven't been able to use CAW slots for mods for ages.

Jokes aside, those arenas are absolutely mind-blowing. I honestly had to take a second to think if the parts for the Unforgiven and Survivor Series '99 arenas were in CAA or not because of how well those turned out. You're going to have to share some of your secrets, man--especially in regard to that whole disappearing/reappearing parts issue. I truly applaud your work.

to be honest man, it was Tekkens tutorial that helped me solve the issue with things dissapearing. i think you mentioned a while ago that the issue occurs at certain camera angles. fixing it is trial and error, though. try taking something big like a titantron frame that takes up quite a lot of room, something that can usually be moved around a bit and doesn't vanish. use the inject smaller function to inject your new object into one of the slots (titantron frame is made up of two parts). your new object should remain stationary. like I said, though.. it's trial and error. there were times when I couldn't be bothered doing it lol

thanks for the kind words, guys :) I'm currently working on a blank 'dummy' arena with a ton of blank YOBJ's in to play around with. should make Arena modding a lot easier! it would then be a case of just designing a set and injecting textures with virtually no limitations. I may release it when I'm done.

@ Tekken - just wondering if you've had a look into how the Arena DLC works in 2k15? I was thinking it might point us in the right direction in terms of adding our own Arenas.   

to be honest man, it was Tekkens tutorial that helped me solve the issue with things dissapearing. i think you mentioned a while ago that the issue occurs at certain camera angles. fixing it is trial and error, though. try taking something big like a titantron frame that takes up quite a lot of room, something that can usually be moved around a bit and doesn't vanish. use the inject smaller function to inject your new object into one of the slots (titantron frame is made up of two parts). your new object should remain stationary. like I said, though.. it's trial and error. there were times when I couldn't be bothered doing it lol

Cheers, dude. Thanks for the advice. One theory I've had pertaining to that is to replace part of the arena that's closer to the ground/ring that the camera will always--if not always--pick up on. I've never tried it, so I don't know what exactly is disposable around there, but just a thought I had. Also, regarding the inject smaller function, when I was putting together the new arena for the shows I do back at the start of the year, I was trying out some different stuff and trying to find parts that would fit with the inject smaller thing. I eventually got a little frustrated, said fuck it, and just tried injecting them regardless of size. To my surprise, if you update the arcs accordingly (I've always done it manually through hex since when I first started with arenas, X-Packer didn't support them), you shouldn't have any issues--at least I didn't.

Awesome stuff, adding the arenas in place of the CAA stuff may be a little more tricky though since the CAA arenas are split into various subsections in the pac file and are not just one whole arena as you would think.

It's practically possible to build any arena form the ground up now using parts from WWE12-15 official arenas and the CAA parts. Although I think the next step would be to try and convert the older arena models to work in the game..I am looking at this at the moment by comparing models from SVR2011 and WWE12.

Cheers, dude. Thanks for the advice. One theory I've had pertaining to that is to replace part of the arena that's closer to the ground/ring that the camera will always--if not always--pick up on. I've never tried it, so I don't know what exactly is disposable around there, but just a thought I had. Also, regarding the inject smaller function, when I was putting together the new arena for the shows I do back at the start of the year, I was trying out some different stuff and trying to find parts that would fit with the inject smaller thing. I eventually got a little frustrated, said fuck it, and just tried injecting them regardless of size. To my surprise, if you update the arcs accordingly (I've always done it manually through hex since when I first started with arenas, X-Packer didn't support them), you shouldn't have any issues--at least I didn't.

I know what you mean about getting frustrated lol that's why half the time I can't be bothered doing it. some times having objects that dissapear off camera are tolerable anyway, depending on the object.

and yeah, i'll always update manually. i'm at the point where I'm putting pretty much any object into any slot, and it'll load just fine.

the only obstacle I've yet to get around is the whole lighting issue with certain objects. to make an object appear lighter or darker in-game, you have to do it manually in 3DS max i think. there's only so much you can do with the lightmaps.   

Awesome stuff, adding the arenas in place of the CAA stuff may be a little more tricky though since the CAA arenas are split into various subsections in the pac file and are not just one whole arena as you would think.

It's practically possible to build any arena form the ground up now using parts from WWE12-15 official arenas and the CAA parts. Although I think the next step would be to try and convert the older arena models to work in the game..I am looking at this at the moment by comparing models from SVR2011 and WWE12.

The only issue with the older Arenas is their scale. they are a hell of a lot smaller physically in size. You'd need to scale up the entire arena first to meet the size of the newer ones, before you could consider converting them.  

Edited by Titan83

Just a tip by the way if you decide you want to give Arena modding a go, and you have a set design in mind and you don’t know where to start or what structures to work with, there’s a chance the structure you need is already in the game in some form, without you having to cut corners or settle for something else.

The WWE likes to re-use certain structures and set pieces, and has been doing this for many years now. They don’t tend to throw anything out. They have three warehouses in the United States, with the main one not too far from HQ. I mean, why would they throw anything out? There are a million and one things you can do with an aluminium truss beam, and the heavy duty ones that the WWE use are rather expensive. Take the old Smackdown ‘Oval ’ arena.  They retired that set in 2001, but the Oval Tron itself was last used in 2005. It was also used at Summerslams 2000, 2001 and 2002. 

Have a look around, you could probably create a handfull of past WWE Arenas from just using bits a pieces from different sets. :)