A quick tutorial on how to mod official wwe 2k14 dlc ch.pacs

bravebird31

How to modify dlc packs for this i'll use the example of Bugsy's Ravishing Rick Rude mod pack (ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE TRYING THIS!!!)

1) Use Lefluffie and Extract the catalog_hd.arc file from the official dlc (DLC 5 for Rude)

2) Update the PAC file/add additional attires to the catalog_hd.arc using Xpacker

***If adding new attire, you will have to edit your misc01_start.pac as well to prevent the game from crashing***

3) Use Lefluffie and  Replace not inject your CH file/Catalog_hd.arc back into the official dlc 

4) Rebuild your dlc then click the security tab and then click sign for dev live and then click fix

5) Once finished you can place the newly modified dlc to your dlc folder of your xbox/ps3 and play

Now with this method it should be easier to mod dlc characters and hopefully (Haven't tried it yet)...add new characters to official wwe 2k14 dlc.

• Like 1

Anyone know where in the DLC the wrestler renders are, and can we change them using the same method that we use for 'on-disc' wrestler renders?

Edited by El Guapo

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done this successfully? I tried to move Hennig's In Ring attire to his Entrance slot so I can get rid of the NWO shirt. 

545408B220051204024910982.jpg

As you can see it worked, I can see the shirt is gone in Threads, but, when I play with him the game crashes on the load screen before his entrance starts.

• 1 month later...

So I tooled around with this today. This may not be ground breaking news but thought I'd share.

I was able to remove the nwo shirt from the giant. I extracted his 02.pach and injected it over his 04.pach I noticed that the new pac file was smaller in size than the original pac file. I then updated the catalog_dlc.arc. Lastly, I injected (not replace) the pac file and the arc in the DLC3 file through LeFluffie and hit sign dev live. Transferred to console and boom, it worked.

I was going to try the same approach with Curt Hennig, but after I replaced his 04 pach, I noticed the new pac file would be larger than the original. I believe if the replacement pac is larger than the original....it crashes.

also, it looks like you can unassign/reassign item within the catalog.dlc file. Example: I changed Scott Halls slot in the catalog dlc file to 200. I then modified my wrestler info from my save file in xpacker to unlock slot 200 through DLC3. This removed scott halls 396 slot from the game menu and added slot 200 (in my case Baron Corbin)

There may be more to figure out. But at least it seems you can replace pac files in dlc assuming they have the same number of pachs and when modified the file size is smaller than the original. You also have to update the catalog_dlc.arc. You can also replace guys like, warrior, undertaker bad ass, giant, hall-Nash outsiders, Virgil, and summer Rae by changing their slots in the catalog.dlc to a different slot in the game. Just make sure to update the slots in your game save.

Edited by stlpowercat
  • Like 2

I tested a few other dlc wrestlers, both official dlc and cdlc and they worked. I haven't tried all of them though.

I plan on trying this with Virgil and Bruno Sammartino soon. I'll let you know if it's a success.

Gotcha. I just tried all of the nwo pack and each worked fine. Now, you notice that the giant is not part of the nwo pack inside the catalog.dlc. He along with the outsiders have their own slots. I haven't tried modding any wrestler pac inside the nwo pack itself. Might that be part of the problem? I was going to try Curt Hennig but saw DBO's post and decided not to.

Thanks. I'm slowly building my game so the plan is to add additional Hennig attires through the method you mentioned. I Figured I'd could also do that with hall, add his outsider pac as alternate attire through another pac and change the misc. this frees up another dlc slot for your awesome legends!

So I tooled around with this today. This may not be ground breaking news but thought I'd share.

I was able to remove the nwo shirt from the giant. I extracted his 02.pach and injected it over his 04.pach I noticed that the new pac file was smaller in size than the original pac file. I then updated the catalog_dlc.arc. Lastly, I injected (not replace) the pac file and the arc in the DLC3 file through LeFluffie and hit sign dev live. Transferred to console and boom, it worked.

I was going to try the same approach with Curt Hennig, but after I replaced his 04 pach, I noticed the new pac file would be larger than the original. I believe if the replacement pac is larger than the original....it crashes.

also, it looks like you can unassign/reassign item within the catalog.dlc file. Example: I changed Scott Halls slot in the catalog dlc file to 200. I then modified my wrestler info from my save file in xpacker to unlock slot 200 through DLC3. This removed scott halls 396 slot from the game menu and added slot 200 (in my case Baron Corbin)

There may be more to figure out. But at least it seems you can replace pac files in dlc assuming they have the same number of pachs and when modified the file size is smaller than the original. You also have to update the catalog_dlc.arc. You can also replace guys like, warrior, undertaker bad ass, giant, hall-Nash outsiders, Virgil, and summer Rae by changing their slots in the catalog.dlc to a different slot in the game. Just make sure to update the slots in your game save.

This is a great find - looking forward to experimenting with it

• 2 months later...

Can you please tell me where this should be on my ps3?

/dev_hdd0/game/BLES01937/USRDIR/catalog00x ???

"5) Once finished you can place the newly modified dlc to your dlc folder of your xbox/ps3 and play"

Struggling with the dlc file theory of installing cdlc and the like.

80+ hours trying on my own to get cdlc installed. 

losing my sheeet!

This Tutorial is 360 related, however you can add/replace wrestlers in every dlc (catalog00x) folder. I created a test dlc for my "use mods on unhacked PS3's Tutorial"

According to your avatar you may like it, because it contains the road warriors and demolition. You can dl it here https://www.sendspace.com/file/z9wapp

Simply transfer both catalog00x folders to your /dev_hdd0/game/BLES01937/USRDIR/ and then inject the wrestler pofo files into your savegame. Don't forget the aj lee hack and then you can select the added wrestler.