*Tutorial* Adding Winning Animations

Red Rooster

Been a while since I've checked in on this. I'm with you, Roost, in that a lot of the hex stuff is still a bit over my head--if not just a headache to deal with, so that just ups my appreciation for what you're doing here even more. Insanely cool to see you overcome some of these obstacles you've been hitting. I truly applaud the time and effort you've been putting in to get this going.

It would be spectacular, Red. You are improving a lot this game. The Winning will be a really big thing to me. Loosing the winning, plus the entrances and custom themes for all the legends was what make me stay in 2K14.

Cheers guys, it is coming along nicely now and I have worked out a basic template to allow people to start creating their own Winning4.pac and adding their own animations.

I will try to geta tutorial typed up today or tomorrow. Be warned though, it all has to be done manually using a Hex editor so its not going to be noob friendly but it gets easier once you have done a couple. 

Ace work man!

I'm considering re-doing quite a few audio moves so we can have some tag partners next to each other on the selection screen like we discussed.

Is it possible to put anyone's winning animation anywhere? Could we have Perfect, Rude, Jake, dusty and Warriors inserted anywhere so as to use them on the main screen?

Ace work man!

I'm considering re-doing quite a few audio moves so we can have some tag partners next to each other on the selection screen like we discussed.

Is it possible to put anyone's winning animation anywhere? Could we have Perfect, Rude, Jake, dusty and Warriors inserted anywhere so as to use them on the main screen?

Yeah you can assign any winning animation to any wrestler ID regardless of what slot they are in.

I just dont think its worth moving DLC that already has audio associated with it, better to save slots for wrestlers than dont currently have audio announcements but its up to you.

Unfortunately I cant find a way to assign Tag Team Animations to Tag Teams, there is a DX Winning animation already built into the game but I can get that to work either.

I was hoping to have the Tutorial done today but its too hot here and Im too hung over so it will have to wait

Edited by Red Rooster

Unfortunately I cant find a way to assign Tag Team Animations to Tag Teams, there is a DX Winning animation already built into the game but I can get that to work either.

I was hoping to have the Tutorial done today but its too hot here and Im too hung over so it will have to wait

Cheers to that my brotha!!!  Merry Christmas from the States to all you modders out there!

Thanks for the tuto. I´ll give a try in the next days.

Only need you upload your Winning00. :lol

Oops. I see you uploaded it in your mods thread.

Amazing job brother !!!
Your the man when it comes to those little details that makes all the difference , thank you

What are you doing here. Wouldn´t suposse you was ban? :p

Edited by Mathayus

Thanks for the tuto. I´ll give a try in the next days.

Only need you upload your Winning00. :lol

Oops. I see you uploaded it in your mods thread.

Amazing job brother !!!

Your the man when it comes to those little details that makes all the difference , thank you

What are you doing here. Wouldn´t suposse you was ban? :p

I just remembered I forgot to do that thing for you.

I'll do it later tonight

P.S. Judders saved the day and unbanned Bugsy, it was a Xmas miracle

Edited by Red Rooster

Thanks mate, had a quick scan over the tut and may be being thick but is there a list of the new animations added and what numbers they correspond to? So we can add and change them? Bulldog's for example.

EDIT: Ignore me, I see it's in the other section :) Cheers dude

Edited by LordBarker

This is just fantastic Red. Thanks for figuring this out. This will be my project for next weekend. lol.

On a side note, I knew DX was still in there from '13. It's like their team id just vanished. They don't get announced as a team anymore and don't get their winning animation. Figure it's not a case of assigning the victory pose, but assigning a Triple H, Shawn Michaels team the DX id?

This is going to take a bit of sinking my teeth into in order to get going, but, man, it's incredible to see you've managed to do it. Again, thanks so much for all of the time and work you put into this. Really looking forward to giving it a shot.

This is going to take a bit of sinking my teeth into in order to get going, but, man, it's incredible to see you've managed to do it. Again, thanks so much for all of the time and work you put into this. Really looking forward to giving it a shot.

Dont worry its not as complicated as it looks, I just tried to be as thorough as possible with the tutorial, thats why its a bit long winded.

In a nutshell its basically this :

Replace an EVP in Winning04

Add an EVZ in Winning04

Change the index in Winning04 to match the new files

Copy the new info to the arc 

Done

Edited by Red Rooster

Dont worry its not as complicated as it looks, I just tried to be as thorough as possible with the tutorial, thats why its a bit long winded.

In a nutshell its basically this :

Replace an EVP in Winning04

Add an EVZ in Winning04

Change the index in Winning04 to match the new files

Copy the new info to the arc 

Done

Yeah, reading through it, it definitely seems doable even for the less hex-savvy, such as myself. And don't get me wrong, I especially appreciate the thoroughness of it, as it leaves very little room for confusion.

I´m adding some files.

Openned in hex and all the files says BPE, except for the last file that is a weird symbol. I did the same as the rest of files.

Well, the file that is harder for me. The offset.

So I put an example:

The line. Offset (h) E00 (Follows your last entry). Well; E00 - 4000 / 800 = DF8 

My offset will be = F8 0D.

It´s correct?

Offset (h) DD0 have yet the same offset.

Edited by Mathayus

If you open Winning04.pac in Xpacker and it file is not BPE it means the offset is wrong.

Your example was a bit hard for me to understand so Ill do my own example

2zjc5rc.jpg

If you were going to an an EVZ at the end of my Winning04 that has the CDLC Animations in it then the File Location would be 779000

779000-4000 = 775000

775000/800 = EEA

So the offset you would write in the index of Winning04 is EA 0E

In your example Im not sure where you are getting E00 at the start?

Ok, forget my example. What I didn´t know is from where you find the 779000.

I just go to the Start of EOP5 and it´s 779000. Ok, So, ill do that with every file and it will works.

Edited by Mathayus

Ok, new try.

We must to make the operation in hex mode.

EOP5 address is 779000.

779000-4000= 775000.

775000/800= EEA.

So my offset is: EA 0E.

It´s correct? My game gives fatal crash.

I changed the EVZ file value for files added: 21 to 22. In Hex it was 54 (21 files) and I changed to 58. (22 files)

The info added to the arc and everything looks good wth X-Packer.

EDIT:

My game is loading fine. I failed adding correctly the the new file number to the arc. But the winning isn´t working.

Edited by Mathayus