So... Moves.

OverTheEdge

Been messing around with some things. Took your advice, qcawlity, and tried my hand at the entrances first. Was able to successfully switch some stuff up by simply exchanging the main .YANM file, which will definitely be useful. Moved on to the moves but can't say I'm having the same luck.

To test out replacing them, I took a move YANM--some move, no way of really knowing which one--from the recent 2K15 Paige DLC and tried using it to replace something in the Taker/Warrior 2K14 on-disc DLC set, since that would at least be easy to test out with it only being a handful on animations. I've successfully replaced the moves but only as far as the files themselves go, because anytime I try and check things out, nothing changes. All of the Taker and Warrior moves are exactly as they originally were as if I did nothing at all. I even went back and injected the same Paige move YANMs across multiple slots in the Taker/Warrior set and nothing. I checked through the actual DLC files and there doesn't appear to be another iteration of it that would cancel out these changes either, so I'm pretty much stuck at this point. Anybody else trying anything with this?

Update:

Just figured fuck it and tried replacing the mot00.pac from 2K14 with the mot00.pac from 2K15 and nothing changed at all. The game worked completely fine and I was even able to go into the movesets and edit them, so there's got to be something up there.

Update again:

Continued with my fuck it mentality and tried replacing the remaining eight motxx.pacs from 2K14 with the ones from 2K15 and this time it did cause the game to crash when I went in and tried to edit the movesets. Not sure what's up with that first mot00 one, but it doesn't register any changes made to it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OverTheEdge

• Mathayus

• Red Rooster

• bravebird31

Do you try to replace misc02_ingame.pac?

It have the moves names....

Even you replace the info in the arc for the new mot files?

Good call with the misc02 having the move names. Hadn't looked in there before. Not sure if that file factors into the actual move animations.

As for the arcs, I didn't try updating them manually. Didn't even know those motxx.pacs had entries in there. That may be worth a shot.

To get the files working in the game and avoid the crashes you need to add the info to the arc. And I think that maybe the misc02 will be needed to get the moves names in the game, if not, probably they never shows in screen.

If you want to know how to find the file in hex. Open a mot file or other. Look down a bit and you´ll see some folder names. For example:

Mot08.pac, you go down and you´ll see:

ZMVMX

You look for thar info in arc and you´l find it. Get the info form the 2K15 arc and replace the info in the 2K14 arc.

you must replace the info for all the files you are replacing.

Edited by Mathayus

To get the files working in the game and avoid the crashes you need to add the info to the arc. And I think that maybe the misc02 will be needed to get the moves names in the game, if not, probably they never shows in screen.

If you want to know how to find the file in hex. Open a mot file or other. Look down a bit and you´ll see some folder names. For example:

Mot08.pac, you go down and you´ll see:

ZMVMX

You look for thar info in arc and you´l find it. Get the info form the 2K15 arc and replace the info in the 2K14 arc.

you must replace the info for all the files you are replacing.

Oh, I know you have to update the arcs if the file size changes. I was just doing a quick test before to see what was going on with the motxx.pacs, because, no matter what, nothing I was doing with the mot00.pac was causing any changes, good or bad, in the game--even overwriting it with a completely different file wasn't doing anything. So that's why I just haphazardly tried copying over the rest, to see if that would be the case with them as well--obviously the game wouldn't just accept them. But, yeah, this doing this is definitely still worth a shot. I'll have to give it a go the next chance I get.

The thing is that the 2K15 files have all the 2k14 moves and the new ones or updated versions of old moves (pendulum backbreaker) But there are new entries for new moves and you need to add it and update the offset for old ones.

Okay, so I just tried adding in the 2K15 versions of all the motxx.pacs as well as the misc02, with the arcs all updated. Some interesting findings. The game worked and loaded up just fine, was able to make it into Create-a-Moveset and even look through the taunts and moves. None of the new ones were showing up, but I'm guessing that has something to do with the menu entries and what you're able to select. Not really sure. The biggest problem, though, was that if you went in to select a signature or finisher, the game would freeze. It wouldn't do a full-on fatal crash, but it'd freeze with the menu music still playing in the background. I don't know, maybe I did something wrong? Maybe if someone else wants to try it out just in case, it may be worth another shot.

Also, and here's the part that really caught my interest, with all of the motxx files replaced, much like in 2K15, camera cuts weren't working during matches. The only one I was able to trigger was during the Superplex to the outside OMG spot. Other than that, no moves--whether top rope, corner grapples, finishers, wake up taunts, etc.--were triggering camera cuts.

The good thing is that the game worked with the new files added. But you can´t select the finisher or special moves or the game freezes.

The camera cuts will be other thing to think later.

Do you look into the Paige DLC to see the files that came out with it? One of those files must have the info that add the moves to the moves selection screen. Other thing to try would be extracting a moveset file from 2K15 savegame and inject into 14 to see what happens.

The good thing is that the game worked with the new files added. But you can´t select the finisher or special moves or the game freezes.

The camera cuts will be other thing to think later.

Do you look into the Paige DLC to see the files that came out with it? One of those files must have the info that add the moves to the moves selection screen. Other thing to try would be extracting a moveset file from 2K15 savegame and inject into 14 to see what happens.

Funny you should say that. I was just about to try that myself.

Didn't check anything with the Paige DLC, but good call. I think you're onto something there.

Did anyone look at the files in the 2k14 dlc that added moves (i think it was 30 new moves). What happens if you replace the content in that dlc and update that dlc's arc (may also have to update subsequent dlc's arcs). I'm still away, so I can't look. I'd be interested in picking out moves and adding them as a dlc moveset. I assume the sounds wouldn't work, crowd reactions etc and that the names would be off, but I wonder if they would "run". You could snatch a couple of moves from the WCW dlc pack and stick them into the 2k14 moveset dlc and see what happens?

Just tried the 2K15 moveset injected into a 2K14 slot. No luck. The game loaded up fine and I was even able to get into a match, but that's about it. I put Xavier Woods' over Eddie's and the moveset itself defaulted back to Guerrero's, yet his gear was all black like it had been put through Superstar Threads, and then when I tried picking the opponent up, the game crashed.

One less thing to test. XD

Did anyone look at the files in the 2k14 dlc that added moves (i think it was 30 new moves). What happens if you replace the content in that dlc and update that dlc's arc (may also have to update subsequent dlc's arcs). I'm still away, so I can't look. I'd be interested in picking out moves and adding them as a dlc moveset. I assume the sounds wouldn't work, crowd reactions etc and that the names would be off, but I wonder if they would "run". You could snatch a couple of moves from the WCW dlc pack and stick them into the 2k14 moveset dlc and see what happens?

But is easier looking into Paige DLC casue there is only onecharacter with new moves. In the other DLC comes more stuff and the moves are yet added to the game. And the mot file from DLC is too short. If you replace that file, probably you´ll get a crash cause you lost a lot of regular moves.

• 4 weeks later...

While looking for something else I found all the moves are listed in the Misc.pac file in dlc5 of 2k14, I am guessing this is the file the game uses for move names in create a moveset, the misc file from the newest dlc.

Not sure if this helps but I thought Id mention it

While looking for something else I found all the moves are listed in the Misc.pac file in dlc5 of 2k14, I am guessing this is the file the game uses for move names in create a moveset, the misc file from the newest dlc.

Not sure if this helps but I thought Id mention it

Well, in the game files. it´s in the misc02_ingame.pac. You can replace the 2k14 file with 2K15. In the WCW pack from 15 there is a file called Miscstart01_dlc.pac with comes with the new moves from the last DLC too. (Moves DLC I mean, not only WCW)

I replaced one time the misc02_ingame.pac but it never sohwed the new moves in the screen.

Maybe casue the game is reading the DLC5 misc file with the moves and screw the rest of files?

The problem will be if you want to add the file with the new entries in the DLC5 and that file isn´t big enough to be replaced.

Other posibility is Hacker T save editor. I can´t remember if you can make the moveset with the tool. I think so.

When we get the moves DLC maybe we can get some new ideas.

Maybe the DLC_mot files are important too. They comes with the disc. (4 files)

EDIT:

I looked at the DLC5 and it´s a bigger file than the other. Anyway the files have different folders.

Edited by Mathayus

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this to hopefully get the ball rolling again. In the meantime, I've been trying to find some connection between the mot pacs and the info in the misc to try and pinpoint which move is each file and I haven't even had any luck there.

I haven´t any luck. I added all the misc files. misc1 misc2 misc3 and misc4 and all the mot files. I was thinking that maybe it needs some xex file editing, but i don´t know.

Anyway I give up.

It is for a guy with a lot of knowledges.

I'm thinking it takes modding the xex file also. At least that's what I took from adding new moves to 2k15.

I think that it´s the method to add custom music to the entrances too.

I´ve seen how people added in other games new things like animations from an older game only editing the Xex file.

• 3 weeks later...

I started having a look at this today and although I havent managed to import a move yet, Im making progress.

Ive managed to figure out how to identify which move is which YANM and Ive tried replacing Aided Splash in 2k14 with the Hart Attack from 2k15, the game loads and I can get into Create a Moveset to assign the move but when I preview it the wrestlers all just freak out. Its like they dont have the positioning information of where to be to perform the move.

I am using the DLC Moves pac from 2k15 as my reference because it seems to contain everything that is required to add a move. I have injected both the BPE and ZLIB files pertaining to my move into MOT8.pac (which is where all the moves are stored).

I have also added the BPE for my move into MvMot.pac as I suspected this might contain the positioning info but it didnt help.

The next file to look at is m3.pac which is also included in the dlc.

I will explain how to identify which move is which tomorrow, right now Im exhausted and Im going to bed.

Edited by Red Rooster

I started having a look at this today and although I havent managed to import a move yet, Im making progress.

Ive managed to figure out how to identify which move is which YANM and Ive tried replacing Aided Splash in 2k14 with the Hart Attack from 2k15, the game loads and I can get into Create a Moveset to assign the move but when I preview it the wrestlers all just freak out. Its like they dont have the positioning information of where to be to perform the move.

I am using the DLC Moves pac from 2k15 as my reference because it seems to contain everything that is required to add a move. I have injected both the BPE and ZLIB files pertaining to my move into MOT8.pac (which is where all the moves are stored).

I have also added the BPE for my move into MvMot.pac as I suspected this might contain the positioning info but it didnt help.

The next file to look at is m3.pac which is also included in the dlc.

I will explain how to identify which move is which tomorrow, right now Im exhausted and Im going to bed.

Dude... I just woke up but hearing this has pretty much already made my day. No doubt I had all but hit a brick wall when it came to progress with this stuff, so it's not only incredible to see someone else giving it a go but amazing to see you making the progress that you already have so far.

Ok so I havent made any progress so far, I just tried adding the entire contents of the 2k15 Moves DLC to 2k14 and adding the corresponding arc and def entries but in C-A-M the moves where not there, I also tried manually editing a wrestlers moves to have one of the new moves but in C-A-M the move said "NONE".

Im going to need some help on this so heres what Ive figured out so far.

1) The moves are in MOT8.pac which can be opened by XPacker. (Thanks to qcawlity for pointing us in the right direction) 

2) MOT8 is full of pach files inside pach files inside more pach files. Once you get to the bottom layer you will find BPE and ZLIB files.

2nbdlcx.png

3) The moves I was looking for are Corner Tag Team Moves, they are stored in M090.pac

4) Inside M090.pach is 004D.pach (sometimes there are multiple files)

5) Inside 004D.pach are various pach files named 0000-0007

6) The first pach file contains BPE files with the Hex Names of the moves and the next pach contains ZLIB files with the same Hex Names.  It continues on in this pattern eg 0000 contains BPE files for moves and 0001 contains ZLIB file for those same moves, 0002 contains BPE files for the next set of moves and 0003 contains the ZLIB files for the moves contained in 0002 etc.

bhdtae.png

7) In my case I was looking for Aided Splash which is 856A. How do I know 856A is Aided Splash? Its in the misc02_ingame.pac file or in the misc02_start of the latest dlc file.

8) Open the misc file in a Hex editor and find the name of the move you want. Eg. Aided Splash

9thncg.png

9) To the left of the Move name will be FF FF 00 00 00, to the left of that will be 3 values, the first in this case is 12 that denotes the type of move 12= Corner Tag Team, the next 2 values are the Hex Name of the move written backwards, in this case 6A 85 so Aided Splash has a value of 856A as far as the games concerned.

I know this to be correct because I searched through the moves in the MOT file of 2k15 Moves DLC and there are the exact number of BPE files as there are new moves and the Hex Names all match up to the actual move names in the misc file.

What I attempted so far was to inject the BPE and ZLIB of move 856D (Hart Attack) into 856A (Aided Splash) to replace it in 2k14. I then had to manually adjust the arc file because the Hart Attack files were larger than the original.

I succeeded in replacing 856A because now when I select it in C-A-M the 3 wrestlers freak out instead of performing Aided Splash.

I have also added the MvMot.pac 856D.bpe into 2k14 but that did not help either. 

So thats where Im at. There must be other files from the DLC required in order for the move to work successfully. The theory about needing to mod the XEX is incorrect because the DLC adds moves to 2k15 but in no way does it alter the XEX.

I will report back when I make some more progress but the more people working on this, the faster we will crack it.

P.S. If you find a BPE or ZLIB file in MOT8.pac that doesnt have a corresponding name in Misc then it is either a CAF move or another type of animation.

Edited by Red Rooster

Im running out of ideas so just as a test I swapped the Hart Attack with the Spike Piledriver in 2k15 DLC4 and tried it in game.

In C-A-M the move was unchanged, When I chose Hart Attack it showed Hart Attack. In a match when I tried to do Hart Attack the Wrestlers freaked out.

Obviously the MOT file doesnt control the C-A-M animations, only the in-game ones. The C-A-M animation must be the one in MvMOT.pac inside the menu folder.

Im still fairly sure that the key to getting this working is in the m3.pac but its pretty big and full of files.