• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OverTheEdge

• Mathayus

• Red Rooster

• bravebird31

The theory about needing to mod the XEX is incorrect because the DLC adds moves to 2k15 but in no way does it alter the XEX.

Well, maybe.

But you are triying to replace moves in the game with others. Not adding the new entrances to add moves and select the new ones.

I was thinking on that since I saw people adding new things to a game like cutscenes from a older game, etc, only editing the xex file. So I thought that would be the way to add in 2K15 the custom themes to the entrances. But maybe to add new moves entries there is another way or file that controls that. I don´t know.

I think for now, if we're trying to get the 2K15 moves into 2K14, we should just be focused on replacing other ones in 2K14 with the new ones. That shouldn't involve anything with the xex, as replacing anything else like entrances, cutscenes, or even the in-game models doesn't either.

Really interesting to read what you've done so far, Rooster. Thanks for taking the time to type all of that up and share it. Wouldn't have even thought that there would be separate versions of a move for in-match and Create-a-Moveset.

As far as the new move you tried adding in glitching out when you did it, I know there are some slight differences in the animations between 2K15 and 2K14--well, sort of. Take entrances as an example. The position of the ring announcer is initially off. This was something I just looked into and resolved this past week. For whatever reason, they've seemed to change the values that dictate where they stand from the default position to where they'll stand during the Rock's entrance--at least when you bring them over to 2K14, meaning what causes them to stand someplace in 2K14 makes them stand elsewhere in 2K15. So, one thing I'd suggest here is to check out a move that's in both games and compare the files of its 2K14 version with its 2K15 counterpart.

Bah....I give up, nothing Ive tried works.

The files are too different for just a straight swap, Im still convinced the answer lies in replacing m3.pac and mot08.pac but I suspect that theres other stuff in m3.pac that is specific to the version of the game its for so just swapping them over and editing the arc entries causes the game to crash.

The inject function for EPK8 files in Xpacker 10.1 doesnt work properly so replacing specific pachs inside the m3.pac is not really an option at the moment unless you do it manually and its just too much effort for something that probably wont work anyway.

I may revisit this later but for the time being I concede defeat.

Edited by Red Rooster

Bah....I give up, nothing Ive tried works.

The files are too different for just a straight swap, Im still convinced the answer lies in replacing m3.pac and mot08.pac but I suspect that theres other stuff in m3.pac that is specific to the version of the game its for so just swapping them over and editing the arc entries causes the game to crash.

The inject function for EPK8 files in Xpacker 10.1 doesnt work properly so replacing specific pachs inside the m3.pac is not really an option at the moment unless you do it manually and its just too much effort for something that probably wont work anyway.

I may revisit this later but for the time being I concede defeat.

I hear you, man. Appreciate you giving it a shot--and it seems you got farther than most--but, yeah, this shit ain't easy.

• 1 month later...

has anyone tried the old move swap method we had in 2010? I will have to go find my old tuts on yahoo mail if my account is still active.. but i think we should at least try swappng moves first then work on the dlc part.

has anyone tried the old move swap method we had in 2010? I will have to go find my old tuts on yahoo mail if my account is still active.. but i think we should at least try swappng moves first then work on the dlc part.

I can't say I'm familiar with what you're referring to. If you think it's worth a shot, though, then by all means.

my bad. i forgot that was for 2010 where we were swapping moves that were already on the disk but locked... I can't find the moves on the disk for 2015.. I'm not sure even if we did find them that it would work being that we have new positions in 2015 for moves and OMG's. I will try anyway just to see. did notice some names of moves that we don't have so who knows.

So I this idea. We can't replace moves yet, but what if we tried to add them as dlc like the dlc packs do. So I took what I thought were the required files for moves. Mot, m3, misc hvk and I added them to my arc and def. Then I went into the misc02 file and tried just renumbering the slot. Case and point:

Body Splash 03 -> B0 C4

Bam Bam Sault -> B0 CB

Sadly this didn't work... I tried both misc_dlc05 and misc02_ingame. I thought if it couldn't read find B0 CB that it would crash, but for some reason, the animation still does the Body Splash 3. So either the misc files don't control what's brought up in the menu, or I missed something...

Anyway, this was my shot at this. I'm actually considering moving over to 2k15 now since there might be a tool developed that can help replace ingame music easier...

So I this idea. We can't replace moves yet, but what if we tried to add them as dlc like the dlc packs do. So I took what I thought were the required files for moves. Mot, m3, misc hvk and I added them to my arc and def. Then I went into the misc02 file and tried just renumbering the slot. Case and point:

Body Splash 03 -> B0 C4

Bam Bam Sault -> B0 CB

Sadly this didn't work... I tried both misc_dlc05 and misc02_ingame. I thought if it couldn't read find B0 CB that it would crash, but for some reason, the animation still does the Body Splash 3. So either the misc files don't control what's brought up in the menu, or I missed something...

Anyway, this was my shot at this. I'm actually considering moving over to 2k15 now since there might be a tool developed that can help replace ingame music easier...

Interesting. Did you try the move in the create-a-moveset or in an actual match? I know in Roost's efforts, the changes he was making only had an effect in-match.

Regardless, I appreciate you giving it a go. Unfortunately, it seems almost everyone's moved on to the PC stuff now. It's a shame too, as this was one of the last few big frontiers left to solve.

Body Splash 03 -> B0 C4

Bam Bam Sault -> B0 CB

Interesting. Did you try the move in the create-a-moveset or in an actual match? I know in Roost's efforts, the changes he was making only had an effect in-match.

Regardless, I appreciate you giving it a go. Unfortunately, it seems almost everyone's moved on to the PC stuff now. It's a shame too, as this was one of the last few big frontiers left to solve.

Dont worry I havent given up, Im going to try it again at some point

Body Splash 03 -> B0 C4

Bam Bam Sault -> B0 CB

Dont worry I havent given up, Im going to try it again at some point

Awesome to hear, man. I'm still trying to think of things that maybe haven't been tried yet when I can, but so far I can't say I've gotten any farther than anyone else who's tried.

has anyone tried to add the create a move parts back in the game? just curious. like find the offset values from 2014 and try to replace them with with current moves?

Edited by zhigge

My attempt was to try to point the game to another file I had added in the .def and .arc file. I essentially took key files from the wcw dlc (like the mov and m3 files) and added them as extra files to my game. Unfortunately when I swapped the menu files to look for new "move numbers" it didn't do anything, at least from the Create a Moveset view. In theory, you should be able to add moves via dlc since the dlc packs do it. I haven't tried with the create a finisher stuff. There's other stuff to try like replacing the move sets that came with the official dlc for 2k14. I'm just taking a breather and waiting for the 2k16 announcement to see if the 360 will get one more game. I probably won't move to PC until there's more legends. 

Glad to hear you'll try another stab at it Red. Your skills are far beyond mine. :S

On a side note, for 360 users, does the Stone Cold Stunner 2 (the new one) have no sound for you guys as well?

Edited by swipergod

• 10 months later...

Well it looks like tekken is using the old techniques from old skool reunion on adding moves to the game.. so maybe we need to figure out how to put the moves from 16 into 15 or 14 as a dlc?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually trying this out myself, with replacing 2k16 moves on the PC from 2k14. It seems that the moves are also referenced in createmode.pac, where a unique ID is. I'm trying to get Attitude Adjustment 4 which has ID C4 6E (it is reversed in createmode.pac, so it is 6E C4). I've tried extracting some files from MOT00, however I get a file with the segs extension at the end. Wish me luck!