Help With Replacing Hctp Music

brianbell25

I've managed to make a good copy of HCTP with customized music, but I can't get the game to load. For anyone that can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Here's my PS2's info and the method I used to complete this:

PS2 V5

Flip Top Cover with Swap Magic Disk

TDK DVD-R 2X

Steps I used to make my disc.

1. Used DVD Decryptor to make an ISO image of the original game (which I do own).

2. I also made an additional copy of the BGM folder and saved it to my computer as well.

3. Using the additional copy of the BGM folder, I followed steps 2-8 of the following FAQ: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/61072

4. After this I used software called Magic ISO to open up the ISO of the game that I saved on my PC and I replaced the BGM folder in that ISO with the one that has the custom music. I then saved the ISO.

5. I opened up DVD Decryptor and burned the new ISO to my TDK DVD-R and the speed I used was 1X.

This is where I have my problems:

1. I boot up my PS2 with the Swap Magic DVD disk.

2. At the insert disk screen I open my flip top cover, take out the Swap Magic disk, and put in my copied game.

3. When I press "X" I get the blue border on the Swap Magic screen, but after that my screen goes completely red (not the red "Insert a PS2 format disk screen, but a screen that totally red).

4. When I do steps 1 and 2 and press square instead of "x" I again get the blue border on the swap magic screen, but instead of a red screen afterwards, I get a completely black screen.

Could someone tell me what I could possibly doing wrong? What else could I do to get this game to work, because I do not think my disk is the problem. Again any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Also here is the music I changed, I don't know if this matters or not, but who knows it might:

adx File Name Original Music New Music

bgm179.adx Original 20 D-X

bgm176.adx Original 17 Hulk Hogan

bgm162.adx Original 3 Ric Flair

bgm163.adx Original 4 Roddy Piper

bgm164.adx Original 5 Mick Foley

bgm165.adx Original 6 New World Order

bgm166.adx Original 7 Jimmy Snuka

bgm167.adx Original 8 Bret Hart

bgm168.adx Original 9 Sting

bgm169.adx Original 10 Road Warriors

bgm084.adx Undertaker Undertaker-Oldschool

bgm121.adx Goldberg Goldberg WCW

bgm097adx Dudley Boys Dudley Boys-New

bgm085.adx RVD Old RVD New

bgm090.adx Kane Old Kane New

Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else have any ideas because a mod chip and the fee for someone to install it for me is out of my budget. I've heard of a program called DVDLoader, was wondering if maybe this would get my copy to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...