Tutorial: How to edit Main Menu Render

IamCrazyPT

On 1/22/2015 at 10:18 AM, XIII XHP said:

Seriously, thank you!!!

Machomenulayout_zps94dcfe76.jpg

So I made this & still have it set for my WWE 2k14 game, but I want to replace the Hogan render in the Wrestling Legends mod game with this Macho Man render I made.  I forget how I even did this but is there a file I can just switch out w/ my Macho Man render??

On 2/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, Red Rooster said:

To be honest, Ive forgotten too lol, its not hard, just have to find the dds and replace it

I think I had to injec the .dds file into some kind of file.  I still have my Main Menu hack w/ your old WWF background.  I'm not the biggest Hogan fan so I was all about changing it to Savage.  I just gotta make some time to figure it out.  Yo I'm going to upload a bunch of my fixed CAWs from Wrestling Legends to Google Drive along with some songs that would be greatly appreciated if changed in the update.  I try to keep everything accurate to the eras covered in the game, so things like CAWs having different renders for different attires or just renders from the time period the attire is from.  I'll take pics of them in-game, too.  I fixed the morphing, attires & some textures on guys like VIscera, Mideon (even made Southern Justice attires for the Godwinns), Rey Mysterio, Kidman, Konnan, Vampiro, Eric Bischoff & more.  I want to help make updates for the game if everyone is ok with them.  Once you see the first wave of pics, you'll know what I mean.  Over the years, you probably noticed how particular I am with details haha

17 hours ago, XIII XHP said:

I think I had to injec the .dds file into some kind of file.  I still have my Main Menu hack w/ your old WWF background.  I'm not the biggest Hogan fan so I was all about changing it to Savage.  I just gotta make some time to figure it out.  Yo I'm going to upload a bunch of my fixed CAWs from Wrestling Legends to Google Drive along with some songs that would be greatly appreciated if changed in the update.  I try to keep everything accurate to the eras covered in the game, so things like CAWs having different renders for different attires or just renders from the time period the attire is from.  I'll take pics of them in-game, too.  I fixed the morphing, attires & some textures on guys like VIscera, Mideon (even made Southern Justice attires for the Godwinns), Rey Mysterio, Kidman, Konnan, Vampiro, Eric Bischoff & more.  I want to help make updates for the game if everyone is ok with them.  Once you see the first wave of pics, you'll know what I mean.  Over the years, you probably noticed how particular I am with details haha

Until a month ago I hadnt loaded the game in over 2 years. Finishing v1.0 and then v1.1 nearly killed any desire to play it ever again but Im slowly getting back into it.

I appreciate any help and input from the community and am happy to try and implement any changes people want as long as they arent too painful to achieve.

I never watched WWF after about 1990 so attitude era got the least amount of love but Im open to suggestions.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Too Sweet 2

0k8d5HSzyqXlbw8MHlw7QAvPAVW37uaEElC_owvO

So, for those of you who are having trouble on change the main menu render, the main photo is in EM00.pac, and the background is in EMBG.pac, all located in MnLayHD.pac

Edited by jvitorsantos05
  • Like 3

@jvitorsantos05 can you give exact steps how you extract these files? I mean in X-Packer and which type of OPEN AS you use. Because I reach inside EM00.pac inside there are 1B5A.pac, 1B58A.pac,1B59.pac and I can't extract nor open these files.

@Red Rooster great to hear you are looking to get back into the game! I wish you not to stop and work with those moves :)

1 hour ago, Impaler said:

@jvitorsantos05 can you give exact steps how you extract these files? I mean in X-Packer and which type of OPEN AS you use. Because I reach inside EM00.pac inside there are 1B5A.pac, 1B58A.pac,1B59.pac and I can't extract nor open these files.

@Red Rooster great to hear you are looking to get back into the game! I wish you not to stop and work with those moves :)

So, i actually use the PAC Editor to uncompress the zlib files from EM00 and EMBG, and i extract the textures in X packer with ctrl+t, and i replace the zlib file back to the PAC file into the PAC Editor, and then, i open the MnLayHD.pac on x-packer to replace the EM00 file, and don't forget to update the arc

Edited by jvitorsantos05
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

• 1 year later...

@jvitorsantos05 thanks a lot! I used your step-by-step and managed to finally change the render :D

I'm making a nice Sting render now will share the screenshot when I manage to place him perfectly in the smoke.

By the way is there a way to control the smoke? Right now it smokes as if the rock was standing there. I mean around his body shape. Can it be changed or removed?

Edited by Impaler
  • Too Sweet 1

15 hours ago, Impaler said:

@jvitorsantos05 thank a lot! I used your step-by-step and managed to finally change the render :D

I'm making a nice Sting render now will share the screenshot when I manage to place him perfectly in the smoke.

By the way is there a way to control the smoke? Right now it smokes as if the rock was standing there. I mean around his body shape. Can it be changed or removed?

I think so, i never removed it

Edited by jvitorsantos05
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/13/2014 at 4:04 PM, IamCrazyPT said:

Today I bring you a tutorial of how to edit the WWE 2K14 Main Menu render.

Big thanks to El Buvor for explaining me first how to do this and to Tekken for the X-packer.

Some things that you need to know:

- To edit the dds file you must use paint.net. Doesn't work on photoshop;

Here's a screenshot of my main menu:

Hidden Content

great, another incomplete tutorial, only wants to know the DDS specifications ,mip maps,DXT type and all that things

On 2/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, Red Rooster said:

To be honest, Ive forgotten too lol, its not hard, just have to find the dds and replace it

yes but what specifications need the dds file, the original 2mb size, the one i do its 512kb, also in hex the original dont have DXT type, all this things are loose.

1 hour ago, Deadite988 said:

great, another incomplete tutorial, only wants to know the DDS specifications ,mip maps,DXT type and all that things

yes but what specifications need the dds file, the original 2mb size, the one i do its 512kb, also in hex the original dont have DXT type, all this things are loose.

well i find the DDS specifications in PaintNet save the DDS file at A8R8G8B8 with no mipmaps, and inject to 1B59 ,compress to EM00 pac,and inject that to MnLayHD.pac IMG-20230605-021034263-HDR.jpg545408-B220051122120442185.jpg

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2

• 4 months later...

@Deadite988 WOW that is a fabulous menu render. Background is very nice and the idea to put these two together when they in fact never been together just yet look surreal and somewhat even represents SVR colors - undertaker blue - kane red.

would you mind sharing the standalone files or a PSD you used to make it ?

• 4 months later...

Okay guys I have a complete tutorial on how to edit the main menu render. So First off for 2k14 you need the MnlayHD.pac. Get this from your GAMES folder and then grab your arc and defs. ( For xbox 360 you just need the MnlayHD.pac and your arc file). Then from there, you want to open up the MnlayHD.pac in pac editor and open up the MnlayHd.pac. Then search for em00. ( You search for this where it says 'Filename' in pac editor.) ;) Now hit extract. From there, you want to open up the Em00.pac in pac editor. Here you will see 3 files,  1B58, IB59 and 1B5A. The mian menu and the screen effects ( IE the rocks soke and blue outlines are in the 1B59). So you uncompress with pac editor. From there go into xpacker and hit CTRL + T, we do this since uncompressing the file gave us a .dat file, which is a texture file that xpacker can read. Extract all or if you just want to extract each piece, here is the rundown. Bgtex00.dds is the main red backround. the_rock00.dds is the little blue line ( not sure how to explain that really, sorry mates), the_rock03 and the_rock04 are the electricity effects and the trance_main is the wave particle effect. Oh the 2k14 logo is there too! So now you want to edit these in paint.net or photoshop, but the mian thing is when saving, becasue its a menu file, you save as a DXT1. Now from there go into xpacker, create a new texture archive w all the files from the main menu and name it anything you want, it will be a .pac file, which is fine. Get everything though logo and all. Now you want to inject the .pac file you just created into the 1B59.bpe ( so go back and open up your pac editor and open up Em00). Inject it over and then open up MenuHD.pac and search for EM00 and then inject it over. Then for xpacker update arc non wrestler and then for ps3, rename your Mnlay.pac to something else, like MnlayNEW.pac ( this is so the ps3 doesnt give you a game data corrupted screen) oh also silly of me but make sure to delete f.dat! Now from here, once you've renamed your file go into your plist3.def and search for Mnlay, then rename it there. If your xbox 360 then dont worry, all this is superflous. If your xbox then all you have to do is update your arc, dont even rename your file, leave it a MnlayHD.pac. Now for BOTH ps3 and xbox, transfer the menulayhd.pac to your GAMES and the plist3.def to your game folder. ( ps3 remmeber to add that def to your games folder too). So mates, hopefully this helps you!

Edited by Cyanex
  • Like 2