WWE 2K14 Audio finally modded! - custom audio **Tutorial**

UndertakerWLF

The tutorial is finally here, many thanks to El Buvor for his patience in testing this out and helping me to get it completed.

Software links

Wwise, download build 5073. But I am sure newer or older builds may work, the guide is using build 5073.

https://www.audiokinetic.com/downloads/previous-1-wwise/

Ravioli Game Tools

http://www.scampers.org/steve/sms/other.htm

Download the main applicaion and the patch, the patch is needed for the .pck files

Now for the tutorial!

Heres a PDF version for you as well -

http://www.mediafire.com/view/7y6uf6vf7xgh479/How_to_modify_Audio_in_WWE_2K14.pdf

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-001_zps63fcf1d

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-002_zpsc697074

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-003_zps4b9eb30

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-004_zps91a20f8

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-005_zpsfc0e96b

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-006_zpsd75ed2b

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-007_zpsed3b05f

HowtomodifyAudioinWWE2K14-008_zps0792438

Edited by UndertakerWLF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since El Buvor was also working on an audio mod it made sense for us to work together, after many combinations of settings and applications we have now managed to get CUSTOM audio added rather than swapping ingame audio :)

Heres El Buvors Justin Gabriel intro with updated theme and tron, El Buvor made the audio a little louder!

I have ripped Smackdown Just Bring It and added in the call name for Taka Michinuku!

A few months back I wanted to mod something that had never been done before so i took it upon myself to look at the audio side of the game since this had never been looked at or peoples previous attempts failed.

Tonight I made it happen

Edited by UndertakerWLF
  • Like 1

Excellent work!  I just mentioned in another topic earlier how you can get other Howard Finkel call names from SmackDown Just Bring It, Shut Your Mouth, Here Comes the Pain, & SmackDown vs Raw (not to mention Legends of WrestleMania).  Definitely a ground breaking discovery.

Thanks ,

It still needs tweaking though, replaced the superstar location for Bret Hart 'Calgary, Alberta Canada' with a location from 'Japan' the game didnt freeze but it didnt play the audio either, I have a feeling that the replaced audio has to be of a simiair size.

Currenlty I'm switching sounds from within the game archive itself so I can get a good understanding of what data sizes need to be replaced and what works. After this is done I can move onto converting audio from other games.

I've already ripped audio from Just Bring It mainly becuase it is the only game in the series with reference to WWF, I've also ripped HCTP, SYM.

Once I have worked out the issue of replacement audio not playing I will see how I can convert audio into a format that is readable in game as it is not as simple as just ripping the audio and replacing it, I will need to find the version of Wwise that was used by the developers since different versions bring different results.

Thanks for the topic man ! It knew that someone was going to make that kind of mod. I wanted to have a try at this today (already tried with WWE13 a year ago but didn't figured anything), and guess what :D

There are some problems with the following files in the archive but it's not important, it can be fixed easily I think (by changing some bytes or maybe by injecting smaller files instead like you said)

Fantastic work, Taker! If you need a hand with Audio editing or compressing etc, let me know. I have a ton of Audio editing software from a previous job that I could put to use. I've managed to compress a lot of sounds down to pretty much nothing before now with lossless quality, so this could help you when it comes to replacing call names. 

Nice work taker. Loving to hear this kind of stuff. Makes me want to get a second PS3 (or find a way to mod my 360 as it's currently a dust magnet) so I can do these mods.

Can we make our own entrance mp3 for Indy wrestlers etc?

Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks for the topic man ! It knew that someone was going to make that kind of mod. I wanted to have a try at this today (already tried with WWE13 a year ago but didn't figured anything), and guess what :D

There are some problems with the following files in the archive but it's not important, it can be fixed easily I think (by changing some bytes or maybe by injecting smaller files instead like you said)

Nice work! music is the only thing I havnt got to work correctly, seems to freeze after 5 seconds or so of the song playing, but I'll be taking another look at the files again tonight as I want to try some new methods.

I have worked out most of the headers in the files, it's just a few values I'm trying to work out.